main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A rant

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Gwen_Amidala, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen_Amidala

Gwen_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    Okay, I know that the topic was locked by the RSA of Cincy, but I don't ever say much and I'm gonna speak about this. I think this stuff with JediMike is ridiculous. Why on earth does ANYONE else care if he is in the DAYTON fanforce. The only people who should really need to put their two cents in are the members of Dayton. And I also think it is really crappy that people voiced their opinions about this saying that they also thought it was unfair and were basically smacked down and told to be quiet. Why do we have to be quiet about a member of OUR fanforce????? I realize he's not aloud to post, but he's still a member if I recall the events of our meeting correctly. I think that this is becoming an extremely political board and really moving away from the idea of Star Wars. It is a board about Star Wars. Let people talk about Star Wars and be social, but don't tell them to hush when you don't like what they have to say!

EDIT by Krash: It's a done deal...and all issues will be addressed between Elan-Rai and myself. Cincy is to stay out of Dayton's business and boards...and Dayton, leave the Cincy boards alone. Neutral Corners people...Elan and I both mean it!

2. Robert-A-Fett

Robert-A-Fett Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    Am I allowed to post my opinion as well on the subject? If you dont want to hear what I have to say, then just say, but I think before you judge others you should at least hear their explanation.

3. Gwen_Amidala

Gwen_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    Yep, anyone can post their opinion. I'm not posting this to ruffle feathers or make judgements. I just get a little tired of us posting our opinions on a subject and then other people are editing it or telling us how it's wrong. It's called opinion for a reason.

4. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    This may sound redundant, but I agree with Gwen. RobertAFett, this isn't about judgment on anyone, this is about sovriegnty,(sp?), not pointing fingers, that's in the past. I sincerely hope this doesn't devolve into another "they said" incident.

5. Robert-A-Fett

Sep 20, 2002
    Ok, thank you. I hope you'll really read what I have to say and take it to heart. Mike is banned for a reason. I'm sure you've heard some details of it, and I wont go into that matter. Suffice to say plenty of people have said their piece on the matter and I'm not going to comment on that. And yes, you are right, you guys should be able to post whatever you like, frankly, as long as its not threatening someone or insulting in some manner or another. I think the decision to edit that was made to simply try and make the matter go away, which I wish it would. This whole situation has been going on for like a year. As far as Mike is concerned, he was a good friend once and I'm glad he's found someplace else to fit in. My whole angst in the latest situation is about A. him being allowed to post, B. The way I was personally treated by someone because they didnt like my opinion on the subject, and C. The fact that people basically made the decision without any regard to the facts that got Mike banned.
    -Like I said. I really dont want to reopen the issue, but believe it or not, and whether by his intentions or not, he has several people in this group afraid to answer the door at night. I'm sure someone will say its ridiculous, or dramatic etc, thats fine, you're entitled to your opinion. But when it comes to peoples safety and well being, I'd rather err on the side of caution. Its also not fair to those people who've done nothing wrong that they should be exposed to someone who makes them feel threatened. Personally, I answer the door at night with a baseball bat, but thats because I live in Price Hill. I dont lose sleep worrying about Mike coming to get me. I am confident that he's no danger to me. But it gets back to the matter of other people's feelings. And when its the rights of someone who has behaved the way mike has in the past vs. the rights of people who have been mistreated by him, I know who's side to take. Again. I support him being involved with you guys, thats great. I'm glad he's got people who trust him and want him around, everyone needs that. Those people afraid of him have a simple choice, dont go to events he's going to be at if Dayton's hosting. I dont know if its been made public so I will come out and say it. If he comes to a Cincy event, he will most likely be the subject of a call to the police. Period. Its not a fun situation. Nobody wants the situation. But People need to think about those people afraid to answer the door. And that they have a right to be involved in Fanforce, and they've NOT behaved inappropriately. Thats all I have to say. Commence ripping me apart, or whatever you would all like. I hope however you at least read this trying to see both sides of the issue. I know and have met alot of you, and I know you're all good folks. I hope you will all realize there are alot of tired and frustrated folks, every bit as good as you guys, who just want things to move on.

6. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    What we are PO'd about here in Dayton is the fact others NOT in Dayton are more or less controlling our FF. Thats it. Thanks for the background on JM421, we all are painfully aware of what did/didn't happen in Cincy and it is regrettable...but again that is not what this is about. If this FF is going to be policed by others on a regular basis I might as well drop out.

7. Robert-A-Fett

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, that was definately my issue, and the issue of some others with our former RSA, and it resulted in him being removed from our City as RSA. I totally agree with you. I think you guys shouldnt have to worry about getting the EDIT, or the BAN Bomb dropped on you when you post. For me that was something always hanging over my head due to some personal conflicts with the RSA. Thankfully thats really not an issue anymore. Again, I just think the reason that post got edited was out of a desire to see the whole situation go away. I think Elan Rai didnt have any nefarious or malicious intent.

(Oh, and sovereignty is the proper spelling)
    :)
    I have to display my 3rd grade spelling bee champion-ness

8. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I'm starting to feel the same as Aaron. If all this is gonna be is constant fighting and argueing over things that are not even related to Star Wars then I don't need it either. I have plenty of friends that are into Star Wars just as much as us but choose not to be involved on the internet and it's because of stuff like this. Furthermore as far as Mike goes, When he was reinstated there were restrictions. He could not in any way talk to anyone from Cincy and could not post on the Cincy boards. So what is the problem? It's the fact that it was also handled very poorly on Cincy's side. I was never contacted by AJ to discuss any concerns or to just talk about it. Angel who seems to be Cincy's real CR doesn't contact me to talk about it, she goes straight to people even higher up than Krash and it's ridiculous. Hello..I'm the CR of Dayton did anyone ever think to talk to me? The answer is no, I get pms from Cincy people after it is all said and done.

9. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    Ok, we sort of see eye to eye on this, but what Im PO'd about is we,(Dayton), on this issue of member acceptance are not being allowed to make our decisions and then voice our opinions without a babysitter. Im 33 years old, I don't need anyone telling me to "play nice" and then bar me from replying. We weren't trying to drag the JM421 thing out,(which this is starting to turn into,) we are just trying to say we can take care of ourselves and if someone is "in" they should be given the full benefits of that membership acceptance. Im sure JM421 isn't going to start PM'ing anyone after all this BS to get him back in, and if he DID then he should be banned. But no one is giving us the chance to prove we are big boys and girls and it is very insulting.

10. Robert-A-Fett

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, I dont know anything about any of that. As CR though, you know all of your members have the right to contact an RSA or GSA or whomever at their own discretion, so I hope thats really not an issue. To the best of my knowledge Lady Lucas became involved when I got banned for no good reason. She PM'd all those people because she's my friend and wanted to get me unbanned. I PM'd you recently, but I know thats not what you mean. I dont think our lack of pming you was in anyway an insult, but for us, the way we were treated initially made this whole matter relative to one individual and his actions. We addressed his superiors to get it sorted. And NO, I'm really not trying to reopen that issue with that individual either, I'm just trying to answer, at least from my point of view, your issues.
    And sorry, but frankly, anyone you have a problem with should hear about it from you in private, they shouldnt log in to find they've been smeared. Take your issues with people to PM's, or at least be civil with them in your posts. There's no need for anyone to be ugly to anyone else here. Nobody I know of has been talking bad about anyone else privately, and certainly not publicly. Theres really no need to be mean to each other. ANYONE. And no, I'm not telling anyone how to run their boards or their FF, or whatever, but you agree to the TOS everytime you PM or post, as I've been reminded.... Please people. Speak about the issues, but dont get personal with people. Theres no call for it. To quote Indiana Jones, "Its not the years, its the mileage," And in my life I've been through a whole lot that nobody here would like and if I've learned anything its to be laid back, and not take things too seriously, when they really arent so serious.

11. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I think the best thing for everyone to do is just to let it drop; at the least take a step back. That's really the reason I think Elan-Rai locked the previous thread, it wasn't about censorship or anything else. This thread has moved from some honest questions and has turned into mudslinging and personal attacks.

12. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Just for the record, I want to apologize to the Dayton FanForce members if by locking that thread I seemed over-sovereign or barring replies. My intentions were, as some said before, to try to get us to move on from this because the GSAs made their decision. It appeared to me that the thread in question was becoming a "full of BS" thread, and I didn't believe that was in the best interest of your FanForce. My first instinct was to delete it in case new members stumbled upon your forum and saw this mess. But, instead I locked it and sent Krash a PM letting him decide what to ultimately do with it. I also apologize to Sean for not giving him a heads up on this. I thought by him replying in that thread that he was full-aware of where that thread was going. Anywho, enough of my boo-hooing... [face_laugh]

13. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    she goes straight to people even higher up than Krash and it's ridiculous.
    Your right Sean...and here's what I have to say about that as RSA of the Dayton boards: members of the Cincinnati FF are strongly encouraged to stay out of Dayton's business.

Am I allowed to post my opinion as well on the subject?
    Not when the only reason is to provoke continued hostility with members of the Dayton FF. Cincy has their own RSA...because you questioned my ability to let Cincy govern itself. Please show the same respect towards Dayton that you demanded.

What we are PO'd about here in Dayton is the fact others NOT in Dayton are more or less controlling our FF
    That will no longer be the case. Elan-Rai and I are working on the details. And I will update Sean when I know what's going to happen.

I locked it and sent Krash a PM letting him decide what to ultimately do with it.
    I agreed with the reason for the locking, and figured it was better to allow Dayton to move along with their own FF. You got Mike...Cincy is under orders to leave him/you alone. I'm locking this one for the same reason...move along

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.