main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY A Rebel Among Us

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by pacervader, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Earwen Edit: I am appalled at how horribly an individual has been attacked. This issue should not have been handled out in public the way it has. If you had issue with the use of an event to help form a new FF you should have stated that issue alone. To make so many personal attacks on a public forum is terrible, not only for the person on the recieving end, but also for the image of your club.

I normally don't take issues with fanforce members to our boards but since this member hasn't answered my emails and this one effects all the members, I felt it needed to be settled. This issue has to do with the events surrounding and including the Murphysboro event. Several comments were made leading up to the event by one of our members that helped organize the event that peaked my interest but I still thought I could be wrong. Then came the event at which more of these comments were made by this member and the other organizers of the event making the club members feel like the only ones there who didn't know what was going on, and a bit used. I pulled this member aside on that day and explained the clubs view and did not get a straight answer just a couple of shrugs. The comments had to do with having a new fanforce in southern IL. I am not opposed to this idea at all; I know we have several members from that area who would like to see a club a bit closer to home. But this idea has not been seriously discussed ever so it was not even on any of our radars. After the event this member contacted a few members of the club and apologized and said he had no such intention of starting a fanforce there and it was all a misunderstanding. I would have listened to this had he bothered to include me in that conversation. Also, it came to light that he had several problems with the club from the previous month, his problems were based on his incorrect assumption that, had he just asked me, I could have cleared up.
    All of these instances I still chalked up to bad communication skills on his part, and told myself he didn?t really mean for it to come off that way. Lets face it, we are all in this club together and have grown friendships in and outside of the club, and we would not be in this club if we weren?t all friends or at least friendly.
    Then it was brought to my attention that this member posted on the General Fanforce boards that he, personally, wanted to start a fanforce in S.I. and asked how he would go about doing it. He posted this 2 days before the event!
    Please click on the link to take a look at it.
    http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_communications/b10021/25596761/p1/?6

That being said I would like to give my personal take on the subject. If you had come to me with this in advance we would not have an issue with your actions. I know you thinking a brief mention on a cell phone must count as seriously talking about this subject is your way of informing me, but its not. I think a SI ff would be a great thing for the area but if you can?t even be honest and upfront with your current members, some of which are your friends, then how do you expect to run a club. I think that you have tainted the very existence of a SI club and that now if it does happen there will always be tension between the two ff?s.
    So I am calling upon you to explain yourself and your actions. You need to address the club here and me. We have all worked very hard to make a good name for ourselves in this community and enjoy each others company in this club and we feel like you used that name to further your secret, at least from us, agenda. You have stabbed me and everyone else in the club in the back by not communicating and if you want to be apart of this club, you should want to provide reasoning. And even if you don?t want to be in the club, at least give us an explanation before you leave. pv

2. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    Just to reiterate, no one would disagree with having a SI ff. I know its a long haul for some of our Ill. members. No one would blame anyone for wanting to start one closer to home. However the lack of communication and obfuscation surrounding this event showed a lack of respect and judgment to our fellow members. One should have just been more up front about things. For future referance it is very easy to track ones activities on message boards such as these. Hopefully this can all be worked out through COMMUNITATION.

So say we all.

Oops that was a BSG reference.

3. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    COMMUNITATION is the most important part of any relationship...I heard that on John Tesh's radio show or was it Dr.Phil.?

4. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    Yeah typing is not my strong point.

5. LordTreyger

LordTreyger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    PV is right we'll wire the Governor!

6. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    Can't we all just sit down and talk about all this? Stuff like this could break the group apart. I can't help but feel that there could be a miscommunication on both parties here.

7. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Really? He said he wasn't starting a fanforce and that it was a misunderstanding. And all along he had that thread out there. Why wouldn?t he have just been upfront and said that?s what he wanted instead of allowing all his fellow members to promote a S.I. ff at that event? pv

8. LordTreyger

Jan 3, 2006
    Howard Johnson is Right! We'll wire the Governor!

9. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Someone e-mailed me a link to this thread. I'm almost sorry I logged on to read it.

I have to say that I'm laughing that anyone would be surprised.

If this person was handled with the same kind of ingratitude, marginalization, bogus accusations, two-faced gossip, spin and distortions of fact that I experienced with some in this group after putting such wholehearted effort into an event - it is no wonder he would seek to part ways.

Looks like you are living up to your moniker at least.

10. LordTreyger

Jan 3, 2006
    Who didnt take the TRASH out?

11. Valhalla

Valhalla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    Hey look Whiny SMurf escaped from Vanity and Sassette's S&M dungeon, I mean, hey, Lord Invar has returned.

I'm sorry, My mom said if I didn't have anything nice to say ..... Well enough about him.

From everything I've heard about this I think Pacer is mostly in the right. There was some crafty behind the scenes deals that went on. And since the other party has not stepped up to speak his peace, Logic, or the female pulling logics strings, dictates that the alligations must aleast have some merit.

I do honestly believe that if the other person had come to everyone, and been open with his plans that everyone would have been not only fine with the idea, but would have been more than happy to help promote.

A wise man once told me, it's easier to beg forgiveness than ask for approval. However you usually don't leave the vibroblade between their ribs while asking for either.

And this is just another example of why Mace is better.

And ICe is right there was miscommunication on both sides. One side didn't talk about his plans and left everyone out of the loop. The other side didn't answer the questions he wasn't asked.

12. s_r_skywalker

s_r_skywalker Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2006
    I seriously question that anyone would have ?emailed? this link; as opposed to the incessant perusal that is probably going on. The laughter that has apparently taken place by one of the EXmembers, is nothing more than petty animosity at the expense of another; and now I am not surprised.

I take issue with the statement being made that anyone in this club would have treated a fellow member with ?ingratitude, marginalization, bogus accusations, two-faced gossip? with regard to an event. You may wish to re-examine the sequence of events that surrounded your parting from the group; as I remember a very different set of ?antonyms? being used; such as ?domineering, impolite, uncooperative and tyrant?. The member currently ?seeking to part ways? has only done so, because of the group?s response to his treachery and his failure to own it as such. We are all waiting to hear the ?ton of things? he has to say; as it was relayed by his mediator, ?The Toys R Us Kid?. It?s disappointing that the individual whom claims to have placed so much ?wholehearted effort into an event? sought nothing more than self recognition for a job well done by the entire club.

So here it is; you are not nearly as sorry as we are that you ?logged on to read? our forum; as I am certain you frequently do, I would miss it too. We don?t have time for individuals that only participate in an event to further their own agenda or pursue a platform for glory. We are a STAR WARS club filled with IMPERIALS and hell yeah we?re ?living up to our moniker?!

13. TK8049

Feb 3, 2006
    Am I the only one thats turned on right now? OK Heres my 2 cents. I do not feel betrayed by the event in Murphysboro.My rule for armor has always and will always be anytime,anywhere. However,I do feel that Lord Vader was very much put on the spot and deserves an apology and I think PV was dumped on pretty bad and he is deserving of an apology as well.Anyone else standing on that stage or in that audience was there cause you wanted to be there.If you feel betrayed by Rodan thats a personal issue between you and Rodan.Rodan has always been our eyes and ears in Southern Illinois and has very much wanted us to do something in the Carbondale area.He mentions it at every meeting practically.I feel that we may have failed him and forced his hand. Now he has to understand that PV has a wife and kids as well as school a cant go running around So.Ill.lookin for stuff to do.This is where members can step up.If u wanna do something in your area, make it happen.Call people,Tell PV,Post on the boards,mention it at meetings. The costumes wanna wear their costumes! I don't know if Rodan will be back but if he called me for an event that was worthwhile in So.Illinois,I would go.Thats not a popular stance I take and it may not sit well with some members but my loyalty to that armor and to the kids that love it comes first. I hope this can all be worked out and if not I can call an orbital strike and have this entire planet dusted!Thats what I do.

14. Valhalla

Jan 26, 2006
    Well said TK8049. I no longer wonder why I hold you in such high regard. A "Can't we all just get along?" Isn't going to fix this issue. And you brought up some extremely valid points. Your stance may not be the most popular but it's the best one to take.

15. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    SO SAY WE ALL!

16. LordTreyger

Jan 3, 2006
    entire planets dusted? Those pesticides are poisonous do you know how many people could get astmma?

*Cough* *Cough* Its started goodbye cruel world...........

17. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Well, first of all, how do you feel betrayed? I did nothing wrong. Me and PV Discussed the chance of starting a Southern Illinois Fanforce. So, I logged onto the forum to find out what I had to do to start one. Not a single person from Carbondale, marion or where ever will drive all the way to Paducah to go to a so called "Meeting" where Star Wars is barely brought up, and if I recall correctly, that's why we all joined. I'm sorry that EdVader was put on the spot, and I called him right after the event and told him that I was sorry. I helped set that event up for one reason and one reason only, To raise money for "Shoes that Fit". We raised over $1,500! and two of the kids we were helping showed up to the event. That's what this was all about! I'm glad we had an event where more than 30 people showed up. I don't want all of this to be like this. But some people just can't get past their ego to see the big picture. And to the person who said "And we still havn't heard from the 'Toys R Us Kid'. I'm sorry, I Have a job and don't have the time to get on the internet all the time. I'm gonna say this once, Does anyone here really think I'm the way somepeople are making me out to be?

18. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    To Rodan70,
    You are such a pompous *** [Earwen edit: You need to star out the whole word.]! You really think we're mad because we're jealous of the event you "organized", which what did you actually do besides standing in Kathy's way in TRU. She had the idea, the place, and the funds. You did nothing more than show up and be a voice box, which you had to be pushed to do even that. The events this club has had over the last year may not have had as big of a turnout as the Murphysboro event, but then again we have never had corporate sponsorship for any of those either. We've had to work at pulling the events off, i.e. finding a place willing to host, buying supplies, setting up screens and chairs. You didn't have to do any of that for your event. Your arrogance is pathetic! Over the last year you have shown up to many events late or not at all and you never help set them up. Now don't get me wrong, it is not a requirement in this club to help with events and it doesn't make anyone less of a member if you don't help out, but don't criticize everyone else?s hard work by saying you wanted an "event with more than 30 people in attendance"
    I and several members of our club were put off BY YOUR LACK OF COMMUNICATION! And now apparently of YOUR LACK OF HAVING A CLUE TO WHATS GOING ON. When you "talked" to me regarding this event about starting a SIFF, you asked "what if we get a bunch of members from this event that don't want to drive to Paducah" and I said "if we sign up some members and they stop coming to our next few meetings because of that, I think it would be a great idea to have a SIFF" but instead of saying to me right then "well, I want to start a ff up here and I would really like to promote it at this event", you said nothing, which is typical of someone who lacks male parts.
    If you had said that right then, we would have immediately helped you and turned that event into one heck of a membership drive, instead you decided to make our club look stupid by promoting the Imperials while you and Kathy handed out your number for your new ff. I handed out close to a hundred dollars of Imperials promotions, which if you had spoken up, we could have been handing out flyers for the new ff. I'm glad you apologized to Ed, but you posting and acting like you did nothing wrong just shows how weak your character is, Own it when you make a mistake, its the sign of a good leader, so good luck with that.
    And I'm so sorry these "So called meetings" don't quite measure up to your star wars content standards. I'm sure your SIFF meetings will have enough sw content to keep even those casual fans a comin. What you don't understand is that an ff is a group of people that come together because of a common love for sw, but they all have different interests that are also shared by the people attending. There is nothing wrong with that, and that maybe "why you all joined" but you are in the minority if you think the rest of the group agrees with you on this subject.
    This event was "To raise money for "Shoes that Fit". We raised over $1,500! and two of the kids we were helping showed up to the event. That's what this was all about!" Well thanks for letting us know an entire month after the event, your such a great communicator! If our costumed club members had not been apart of the event, I guarantee they wouldn?t have raised half of that. Those folks came to see their favorite character, the movie was secondary. So a thank you to your fellow or former costumed members would be a nice touch.
    "I don't want all of this to be like this. But some people just can't get past their ego to see the big picture." You?re the one not seeing the big picture, because here it is. You not telling us what was going on led to bad feelings between ff's and a harder road ahead for you to start your own ff. All you had to do was speak up.
    "I'm gonna say this once, does anyone here really think I'm the way somepeople are making me out to be?" I'm gonna say this more than once, YOU HAVE MADE YOURSELF OUT TO BE THIS PERSON BY NOT COMMUNICATING Y

19. TK8049

Feb 3, 2006
    Pop a cap in him!! DETROIT!!

20. Valhalla

Jan 26, 2006
    $1500 for needy kids to have a good pair of shoes. Dude that really is awesome. Before anything else is said I think we need to give it up for everyone of our members who participated in this event. This is part of what our little group of Star Wars geeks is all about. I'm glad you guys could draw that much of a crowd and help out the kids that need it. Hopefully, Uncle G.L. doesn't take it all away.

PV, I didn't know you had it in you.

Rodan, I think you should give yourself a pat on the back for doing such a great..... wait you already have. Sorry.

I think you both have some valid points, looking at it from your own perspectives. PV clearly didn't think enough info of what was going on was relayed, and Rodan thought he had given enough info.

I do have to comment on something Rodan said however, regarding work and time on the internet. This came off to me a pot shot to some of our members. Many of our members who are active on the boards do work. In fact, many of us work 40 plus hours a week in our chosen profession and we don't seem to have trouble being on the boards. Then there are a select few (that I believe this targeted) who don't "have a job" but are putting themselves through school to get that completely over-rated thing called an education so they can have a job where the hardest part isn't wondering how much change they should give the nice lady back from her $50 bill when she bought $42.63 worth of stuff (frakkin Thermonuclear Calculus) or worrying if they put too many of not enough ketchup packets in that last drive-thru bag.)

If one of you made a mistake, find the purse or baby dill jar your man parts are currently stored in, reattach with a little dab of Gorilla Glue (C), and own up to it. I think it's time we got this over with and moved on.

DarkSieeeeeduh

21. ED-VADER

ED-VADER Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2006

....... "Apology Accepted" .... Captain .. Rodan ........

22. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Nice to see that TK and Valhalla have some dignity and class in their latest posts that would serve your club well to emulate.

The replies to my only post here since April or so, are exactly what I've come to expect from the usual suspects - though I do have to admit a bit of shock that the underhanded condescension I have come to expect, was put on such blatant display here by PV no less towards a member that (like me) had no ill will towards the club until he had his efforts crapped on and minimized as some kind of self-serving venture.

I think this post of PVs illustrates the same kind of attitude, condescension and ridicule that went into my own decision to depart the club, to the joy of some and the bewilderment of others. Suffice it to say I will get this off my chest and I shan't darken the doors of your forum or club again - but at least I will get to say what needs to be said, and you can tear my avatar a new ******** for your juvenile delight later.

Well at least you are coming out front and stating that instead of behind his back so it can make the gossip rounds and get back to him later.

Interesting to note how it becomes a practice of some in your club to go about categorizing those who were actually involved in doing something anything - no matter how large or small, with doing little to nothing in your estimation when it suits the efforts of marginalizing a member someone in your group core wants trashed.

Sounds like a jealous sour grape cop-out to me.

One does not have to have corporate sponsorship in order to create turnout and success. It helps a bit in the finance department, but sincerity, effort and a way to get the right message out by the right vehicle regarding the event is what determines success. Sounds like Rodan did the right stuff.

I thought you people would have learned that from the Saga weekend at the Library.

I guess not.

Sounds like Rodan not only found a willing host, but the best venue and marketing to maximize potential for an event. I don't see how having to buy supplies, set-up chairs etc. determines how many people turn out for a public event. Apples and oranges. You are chastising a guy who lucked out in getting a great venue and marketing for a charity - and then go and try to excuse your own lack of doing the same with having to set-up chairs and tables?? Ludicrous.

Pot. Kettle. Black?

But apparently it helps - well, - maybe......wait a minute....no it doesn't.

I guess it really all depends on how well liked you are by your inner sanctum, because even if you did help out at an event - your service will be ridiculed or trashed as having done nothing to contribute anyway before you are accused of having done it out of "nothing more than self recognition for a job well done by the entire club". Which of course is just another pathetic slam when there was no desire for such recognition (nor was it EVER asked for BTW, contrary to the recollection of cert

23. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Lordinvar,
    I find it interesting that you have watched for the better part of a year waiting for a thread like this so you could make it about you. You have no idea what happened in this situation so your opinion means nothing. I don't go around touting myself as some great leader; I'm just a Star Wars fan who wanted to be in an ff. If you have such great ideas and leadership skills, that according to you I lack, then why don't you start your own ff, oh wait, you tried and failed. So why don't you join the SIFF, I'm sure your ideas and thoughts will be appreciated up there. pv

24. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    Rodan, I think the most important issue at hand is if you used the event to help start your own fanforce. The evidence is there, seeing the thread and the fact that there were business cards handed out with your name&number about starting one. So please, could you just come clean with whatever it is?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.