main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA A Sucessful Trip To BayCon

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Master--Kenobi, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Well, The Order flew in formation to Northern Cal and arrived at BayCon at virtually the same time. (We met in the parkinglot!)

The Con went even better than expected. Mother Palpatine made an appearance (much to the chagrin of her son, Sedious). That in itself made for a hilarious moment, as Sid tried to plaicate his Mother, teach Anakin how to do the "two-finger choke" on Master Obi-Wan (who was trying to figure out who kept choking him with the Force).

Padme' and Ani made a stunning couple as always. Padame did take a turn with a lightsaber at one point, wearing a new outfit just for the occassion of wacking the tar outta Ani. (She has also wacked the tar outta Kenobi on ocassion...she is GOOOD!) A Sith showed up on the arms of Obi-Wan from the Future (aka Alec Guiness as opposed to Ewan McGregor) Yeah, where were you 20 + years ago when Han, Luke, and Leia reeaaalllly needed you!?

Master Ash was busy playing camera person and tearing up the Dance Floor. (And keeping all of us in line and doing absolutely incredible makeup jobs! Pics will be following soon).

And, yes, let's not forget Ani's "Mom", Shimi. Do to her absolutely stunning presentation in the Masquarade, Kenobi, Ani and "Mom" won the Master's Division for "Best in the Masters Category." There was much celebration later. With "Mom" participating in the Limbo (she was the limbo poll, held up by Sidious and Kenobi) and doing a very moving, slow, "Mother/Son" dance with Ani to the haunting strains of the beginning of Bohemian Rapsody.

On a serious note, we met up with members of SF FanForce and smiled, remembered, and teared up at the loss of Chanel. Master Ash and I met her (and the rest of her SF group) at BayCon last year. She will defintiely be remembered as a shining light.

As for now...Transmission Ended

Master - K-

2. Crazy-Old-Wizard

Crazy-Old-Wizard Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2004
  3. Crazy-Old-Wizard

Crazy-Old-Wizard Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2004
    In reply to your question as to where I was when Han, Luke, and Leia reaaaallly needed me, I was allowing myself to be bested by my former Padawan so they might escape. Later, as Luke would tell you, I was with him as a guiding 'force' so to say.

Perhaps if you were to get better control of your young Padawan now a lot of this could be avoided. Yet, as they say, hindsight is 20/20.

Ben

4. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Master Kenobi was correct in stating that the past weekends trip was a success. My Sid was his usual charming self yet I am concerned about this rebellious streak he showed when hanging around with those Jedi people.

Shimi Skywalker was very nice but not much of a talker. She did seem to do quite a bit of dancing although. And it was good to see that a mother could win such a nice award. That young Skywalker boy is a credit to his upbringing. So polite.

I had the opportunity to speak with Master Kenobi about the options open to him if he should decide to leave the Jedi and follow a more favorful path with the Sith.

Oh, and Master Ash, I need pictures of me and my son. He is so hard to get a good picture of; always looking blurry and wrinkled. Edith's son Hymie was going to come to the convention but he decided to try and make an entrance. How many times have I told Edith that she should be careful about letting Hymie watch too many movies because he gets these crazy ideas. Well, this time he wanted to recreate the scene where young Anikin jumps out of one ship and lands on another(sometimes documentaries can be dangerous.) Hymie did the jumping out of one ship okay but he forgot that there needed to be at least one other ship below him to land on. No ship. Ground. Lucky most of Hymie is still under warranty and he should be up and crawling soon. Which might not be a good thing to happen.

Oh, and Master Kenobi don't forget about Brenda. I told her all about you. She would love to meet you. Or maybe if you know anyone. I have given up on Sid ever brinning home someone for her to meet. Every time he brings home a nice young man it is his friend; his student. If only he could meet a good Sithish girl. Is it asking too much? Does he ever think about me? I need grandchildren and the force only knows when Brenda will ever find someone. At the rate she is going her eggs will be stale and floating. But do they care? Children are a stake through the heart.
    Enough for now. I'm going to go look for a cookie.

Golda

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.