main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy A Tide of Flames: a d20 Dungeons & Dragons adventure

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Saintheart, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: Aaarrrgh --- no time to put in a proper IC response before lockdown, so it'll have to wait a couple of weeks or until we're on Xenforo, guys. See you all soon!

2. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: IT LIVES!

Penguinator-176 likes this.
  3. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: Can't help chuckling at the second post back from this one. "Couple of weeks," indeed. :D

Ariel Elandinai

Garrison Hill, Brindol, Elsir Vale
    Eight bells, Twenty-third of Mirtul, morning
    Year of Scattered Lanterns (1378 DR)

Sellyria nodded. "It will have a place of honour amongst us, be that a shrine or in the hands of a warrior." She did not reach out to take the weapon; druids of most cultures were forbidden from the touch of steel, and it seemed the Tiri Kitor were amongst them. And for that matter, the druid still stood outside the tent, still at the doorway. But Illian Snowmantle, who stood by Ariel's side, did reach his hands out; and when the avariel handed over the weapon, he cradled it in his arms as if it were a child, slowly moving back and turning to leave the tent, leaving Sellyria and Ariel alone for the moment.

TAG: Ktala

----

Sa'adi Adim, William Marshall, Mazarun Zothyrr, Zanaek Grahorn
    Cathedral of Lathander, Brindol, Elsir Vale

"There is no chamber," said Ulwai Stormsinger, evenly, blankly, her face just as vacant as it had been when the hypnotism had been placed upon her. "The chamber of the black sphere is its chamber. It lies below the floor of that chamber. Two feet below, buried. Under paving. Under dirt."
    A ripple of uncertainty, of fear, crossed the hobgoblin's features, and was gone.

TAG: Mitth, Livi, cassie, Rilwen

4. cassie5squared

cassie5squared Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 8, 2010
    IC: William Marshall and Maeghen

"So it is part of the very floor of that room," William mused. "All that time, we were so close to it..." He grimaced slightly. This put a whole new twist on the brief temptation he'd had to claim the Heart of the Lion.

{But you resisted,} Maeghen murmured in the halls of his mind, cutting off that train of thought. {You resisted a demon's temptation, even if you didn't know that's what it was.}

This brought the faintest hint of a smile to his lips for a moment, before he turned back to Ulwai, all business again. "So we know its last definite location. Did you get any sense of its intentions when it was forced to release you?"

TAG: CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Rilwen_Shadowflame, Livi-Wan, Saintheart... I choose YOU!
    OOC: *gets hit by a brick for the lame Pokemon gag*

5. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000

"Its intentions," echoed Ulwai, voice drifting.
    A long silence.
    "Kill," she said. "Rend. Dismember. Eat."
    "Peace," murmured Nathys, giving the Company a warning glance. "You rest in Lathander's light."

TAG: Livi, cassie, Mitth, Rilwen

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ariel Elandinai
    Garrison Hill, Brindol, Elsir Vale, Morning

Ariel slowly flexed her wings, as she waited for a reply from the speaker, as she offered the Tiri Kitor Sulcaedoo. She was pleased when Sellyria nodded. "It will have a place of honour amongst us, be that a shrine or in the hands of a warrior." The Speaker did not reach out to take the weapon; instead the cleric standing next to Ariel, Illian Snowmantle reached out to her. Ariel vaguely remembered some of her mother's teaching of the manner of some druids. Some did not touch certain metals. With a nod, she handed over the sword to him, and she watched as he cradled it in his arms as if it were a child, slowly moving back and turning to leave the tent, leaving Sellyria and Ariel alone for the moment.

Ariel lifted the large Courtblade sword she now held. Sulsalka. With a satisfied nod, Ariel noticed the Speaker still stood outside of the tent. Ah yes. With a final bow towards the symbols within the tent, Ariel stepped over to, and then out of the tent, to stand with the Speaker once more. "Thank you." she said softly, as she folded her wings neatly behind her back. She wondered briefly, if any other of her party had found out anything of interest, but she figured if they had, they would be in contact with her.

Stepping out from the tent, the air of the woods gently surrounded her, and Ariel smiled slightly, as she took in her surroundings. It felt a bit strange, to be holding such a large sword, and no shield, but at the same time, it felt familiar as well. She looked back at the Speaker.

"Until my companion's call, I would enjoy the company of the woods. That I would call upon the air, but as nervous as the city guard is, suddenly taking flight, would not be in good interest at the moment." Ariel said with a slight grin.

In truth, she would like to practice with the sword, in the air, but at the moment, she decided she would have to practice low to the ground, at least for now, least she become target practice for some overanxious guards.

TAG: Saintheart

7. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Ariel Elandinai

"As you will, child," replied Sellyria. She stepped back, looking the avariel's stance up and down, then back at Ariel's face with the corners of a smile dancing at the lips. "It has been long years since we saw these days. My people's eyes are keen, but my husb--it has been some years since we had to contemplate field battle. Some of our windriders are training. For blood combat." Blood combat, Ariel remembered, was an archaic term elves once used for hand-to-hand combat with blade and shield, as opposed to the more traditional methods of archery and skirmish that were the heart of elven battle.

Sellyria turned, inclining her head towards one of the nearest glades. "They would value, I think, the opportunity to cross blades with an avariel."

8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ariel Elandinai

Sellyria stepped back, looking at Ariel, a trace of a smile on her lips. But what caught Ariel's attentions, were the speaker's comments about her people preparing for 'blood combat' as they called it. "Some of our windriders are training." Sellyria turned, inclining her head towards one of the nearest glades. "They would value, I think, the opportunity to cross blades with an avariel."

Now it was Ariel's turn to grin widely, as she lifted her wings slightly. "I think I would enjoy that as well." Ariel replied with a wide smile. To train in the skies, is always ... prefered." Ariel chuckled softly. "Again, my thanks."

Ariel opened her wings wide now. She found herself excited with the idea of training with the windriders. It had been a very long while, since she had trained with other flyers. And knowing what possible creatures they would most likely be facing, made it even more important.And it would give her a chance to give Sulsalka a workout as well. With a powerful flap of her wings Ariel rose into the air, and gently glided over towards the glade that Sellyria had gestured towards. As she flew, she adjusted her strap, to now deal with her new weapon, as she sliced it through the air, feeling the weight of the weapon in her hand, as she moved. She stopped swinging it as she approavhed the glade, and quickly landed, looking around.

9. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Zanaek Grahorn

"Two feet under?" the cleric repeated rhetorically and resisted the urge to facepalm himself in front of his colleagues and the Lathandite. They had not only been close, but they had been right on top of it. Zanaek sighed resignedly as he listened to Ulwai answer the wizard's inquiry and he did not like her reply. However he did not question the bard any further. There was little more he thought they could glean from the hobgoblin without both harming her and upsetting his fellow cleric of the Light.​

"I am not well versed in demonology," he directed to Nathys. "I am not even sure if messing with this thing's prison will do more harm than good, but then again... leaving it to exist and roam free to find a new host is equally as bad."​

TAG: Saintheart Others

10. cassie5squared

Dec 8, 2010
    IC: William Marshall

"That would depend on its decision once it was cast out of her, surely." The wizard stood up and began to pace. "If it wishes to cause such devastation as Ulwai suggested, surely it would return to its own body if at all capable. If it chooses - or is forced - to find another body to possess, it will have some searching to do. There was no life in the area when we left, which means it will have to travel farther to find a host."

He glanced at Zanaek. "I doubt there's much of a limit on how far the will can be from the body with such beasts, at least on this plane."

TAG: Saint, Rilwen, Livi, Mitth

11. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000

"I'm not sure you quite understand all the implications here," said Menechem. His blue-fire eyes burned. "As I said earlier: when you cast out this demon, your god's strength knocked it straight back to its own, corporeal form, instantaneously. That much we know of this sort of infestation. If, as I suspected, this demon's spirit was being warded from returning to its body, then you may have unwittingly played right into its hands. Demons are not creatures of this plane. They can be injured, or killed, certainly, but when a possessing spirit leaves its corporeal form, that body enters a sort of ... suspension, I suppose. The body does not suffer any of the pangs of age or disuse. When the spirit returns to the body, the demon can use its form as easily as if it had left a moment ago. It does not have to choose to return to its own form. Your help to this unfortunate creature guaranteed that. And as I said - I doubt very much that a demon in control of its own physical form once more will wait around for a convenient covey of clerics to come and try to kill it."

TAG: Livi, Cassie, Rilwen, Mitth

12. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    IC: Mazarun Zothyrr

"It is a glabrezu. It will not wish to stay isolated. Without people, it cannot follow its natural inclinations," Mazarun put in, voice seeming leached of all emotion.

He shifted in place a little. Was this room smaller than it had seemed before? It felt stifling, suddenly, and he longed to be far away; far from cathedrals whose authority figures would likely seek his death if they knew; far from anything that made him need to think about the rites that marked the graduation of drow warriors from their studies at Tier Breche, and the demon summoned therein.

Was it really too late? Couldn't he find a horse and ride away? He had no great liking for the mounts of the surface, with their disquieting and unfamiliar habits, but he could bear that dislike readily enough to be away from this absurdity.

He'd be away from this band of surfacers, and away from the goblin horde, and away from the demon -

A demon that had already tried to snare him in a dream. It had made its first stealthy attack. And it was getting away with it. It was getting away with trying to trap him, with traying to draw his fate out from his own mind to destroy him.

That was... irritating. And was reason enough to delay his decision a little longer.

(Soon, he assured himself; he could always turn away, just as soon as it seemed the best course. He was only staying until it suited him not to. Of course.)

TAG: Cathedral folks

13. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000

The Outcaster turned, peering quizzically at Mazarun. "How do you know that, saer?"

TAG: Rilwen, Livi, Cassie, Mitth :p

14. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Sa'adi Adim

Skadi snorted impatiently, crossing her arms. Great Tyr above, would it always be one step forward followed by two steps back?

"How, then, do we proceed? Go back to the chamber, find this demon's body, and destroy it once and for all?"

She couldn't keep the rising irritation from her voice. "If, however, it is back in its body, did you just not say that it is kept in a prison? And with the Horde about to descend on Brindol any day now... This situation is impossible."

Skadi rubbed the scar on her face and sighed. "Truly, I am beginning to wish we had never heard of this Ghostlord."

TAG: Cathedral party

15. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    IC: Mazarun Zothyrr

The complete and accurate answer to Nathys' question would probably not have been a good idea.

(Mazarun had been tempted, though; a man who would heal a hobgoblin might not react with outrage to the proximity of a drow. But if Nathys mentioned it to Tredora, who seemed considerably less understanding... there might be difficulties.)

"I have seen them before," he told Menechem, tersely. "I have seen what they do. Long ago and far from here. It is not a memory I enjoy."

TAG: Saint, Cathedral peoples

16. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Zanaek Grahorn

"As much as I loathe the idea of allowing a demon to roam free, our immediate concern should be the Horde and Brindol's safety," Zanaek suggested after a moment of quiet. "Then, afterwards, we can return to the Ghostlord's Lair and see about vanquishing this demon or finding it if it has broken free of its physical prison by then."​

The Tormite cleric glanced to Mazarun and asked, "Whatever knowledge you have on glabrezu would be most insightful."​

TAG: ALL

17. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000

Nathys gazed at Mazarun for a long moment, but at length turned to Zanaek and Skadi once more. "Whatever your choice, you do need to understand one thing - based on what this hobgoblin has said, being buried beneath two feet of earth, or even stone, will not hold a glabrezu. At all. They are capable of teleporting themselves, and frankly its physical strength alone would be enough to free it from a mere grave of the kind described. It was the creature's separation from its physical form that imprisoned it. Your spell, in effect, has now freed it if I understand the hobgoblin's memories correctly. The moment you exorcised it, its spirit was reunited with its body and it would have gained access to all its mortal powers once more."

The Outcaster seemed to have a sudden thought, and the puzzled look on his face returned - only this time, directed at Skadi and Zanaek. "What is this horde you speak of? The Lady of the Balance said it in connection with 'Brindol's safety'. What goes on here?"

TAG: Livi, Cassie, Rilwen, Mitth

----

Ariel Elandinai

As it turned out, the windriders weren't training to fight airborne. The glade Sellyria had pointed out was surprisingly small - no more than twenty feet wide and fifty feet long, a small corridor of trees where the light dappled the ground, leaving unpredictable shadows. There was a good ten or so of them moving in very close quarters, as if they were crowded together, drilling with short swords and scimitars.
    Of course they do so, a teacher said from her memories. They are drilling to fight in a city's streets, which is where they may well need such insights.
    "Hoa!" came a voice from amongst the deceptively cluttered field, and in a second the Tiri Kitor warriors had lowered their blades. As if conjured, one of them had suddenly appeared beside her: a familiar one, an elf who looked older than most of his fellows -- Taliessar Quickleaf, her memory supplied. The second-in-command of the patrol flight that the Company had first encountered the night Celbrandir Silverwind was killed.
    He had a thin, dignified smile as he bowed to her. "Aehilasa faeriya," he said. "It warms us to see you once more." He glanced approvingly at the massive, delicate courtblade she held. "You hold a weapon for killing many hobgoblins," he said.

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ariel Elandinai

As Ariel landed, she noticed that they were not training with the owls. The glade was small, and there was a good ten or so of them moving in very close quarters, as if they were crowded together, drilling with short swords and scimitars. Close quarters battling. That would make sense, within the walls of the city.

"Hoa!" a voiced called out from somewhere in the field, and in a second the Tiri Kitor warriors had lowered their blades. Suddenly a familiar figure was instantly standing beside her, an elf who looked older than most of his fellows. Ah yes, Taliessar Quickleaf. They had met when Celbrandir was killed. That one thing had caused so much contention within the party since then. Ariel held back a sigh.

He had a thin, dignified smile as he bowed to her. "Aehilasa faeriya," he said. "It warms us to see you once more." He glanced approvingly at the massive, delicate courtblade she held. "You hold a weapon for killing many hobgoblins," he said. Ariel smiled, as she greeted him with a polite nod. "And I plan to use it for such. But it is new to me, and I would appreciate a bit of practice with it." She gave a slight smile. And if our knowledge is correct, it will also bite against the flying wyrms of Tiamat. A brief look of disgust crossed her face, before it faded away. She then looked at Taliessar and smiled once more.

"I would like to practice with you, if you do not mind. Thought I prefer to practice within the air, there are times, when even I must also fight from the ground. The practice would do me well." Ariel waited for Taliessar's response, as she folded her wings patiently behind her.

19. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Zanaek Grahorn

The cleric glanced at Skadi, unsure as to whether they should answer that question or not. As far as any of them could see, no one in Brindol had been warned of the coming threat. Certainly the soldiers and guardsmen had been told something but the rest of the city obviously had not for obvious reasons. To tell everyone that an army was descending upon them with the intent to wipe them out would cause mass panic and do more harm than good.​

"What have you been told of recent events concerning Brindol's safety?"​

TAG: Livi-Wan Saintheart Rilwen_Shadowflame cassie5squared

20. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000

"Ah, well," said Nathys, and there was a touch of the young, pimply-faced youth about him again, "there's a lot of rumours in the community at the present. Lord Jarmaath's issued orders that the city be marshalled, that the levies be called up. There's a lot of repair work going on to the city wall, and talk of some sort of invasion coming, but he's not issued public notices or anything like that as yet. And we've had a stream of giant owls, elves riding them so the story goes, moving in and out of the city over the past few days or so. The Keepwood up on the hill's been decreed off limits to the citizenry until further notice. So, um, it doesn't take a lot of brains to know there's something serious in the wind. Are you saying you know more?"

TAG: Mitth, Livi, Cassie, Rilwen

----

Ariel Elandinai

"Then draw your blade, and come fight with us," said Taliessar.

It was an exhausting but thrilling session. Even if it had been decades since she'd last trained with a courtblade, the memories came back as easily as the memory of flight. Sulsalka was just as finely balanced and potent a weapon as it appeared; though at least half her height, it could be moved and changed in its direction with half a second's thought, and in a good ten minutes or less she was warmed up and into it, the weapon's heavy blade arcing and falling like a crescent moon.

The Tiri Kitor were gracious enough to switch their training regimen to suit her; they made space in their lines, so she could practice fighting in a group on the ground. It was tense, and unfamiliar territory for one used to fighting on the wing as she was, but Sulsalka was more than equal to the challenge, and she didn't feel any less at home than she already was.
    "Hoa!" called Taliessar, and the glade came to a silence once more. Then he grinned mischievously at her, and snapped his fingers. Half the troop moved back, and Ariel suddenly found herself surrounded by six elves, all with weapons raised.
    "Let's see how you really handle that blade," he said, and folded his arms.
    The elves attacked!

OOC: Ktala: relax, this is just a kickass scene for you. No dice rolls or mechanics required, just impress me with an IC account of knocking down or defeating six elves all armed with short swords. Pull out all your Duskblade abilities if you like, too.

21. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Sa'adi Adim

Skadi shifted uncomfortably. She'd said too much already, but she couldn't exactly lie. Careless. The same rush-ahead attitude that served her well when fighting monsters was always going to be her downfall in more delicate matters.

"We know a little. I'm not sure that it would help overmuch, though. Surely a, er, bright young man such as yourself might be able to piece it together."

She gave him a meaningful look. "The word must not get out, though. Imagine how less level minds might panic."

Hopefully appealing to Nathys' pride would stopper his tongue, at least for a while. She winced internally. Well done, Adim.

TAG: cathedral group

22. cassie5squared

Dec 8, 2010
    IC: William Marshall

The wizard looked between Skadi and Zanaek, and then decided to speak up. "If it has not yet been made general knowledge, then it might be wiser to direct you to speak to Lady Goldenbrow on the matter. She will know better than we do how much you need to know. Regarding the demon, I think Zanaek has the right of it," he added, shifting the focus back onto the issue that really needed a decision. "We don't even know where the beast may have gone if it's freed itself already, and if it's teleported away then it really could be anywhere in Toril right now. We don't have the resources or the time to go chasing it down. All we can do is prepare for what we know is coming."

TAG: Mitth, Livi, Rilwen, Saint

23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Evelios D'Rtan, Master Door Opener, and Poe the Raven
    Perhaps we had oughta make like a banana and vamoose.

Evelios stared blankly into space for a few seconds.

He blinked once.

Twice.

Thrice.

The sound of a cough echoed from the rafters where Poe the Raven sat.

"I'm sorry, what?" the bard finally asked, shaking his head in surprise.

<<I believe these various patrons were about to rearrange my intestinal track.>>

<<You mean my intestinal track.>>

<<The intestinal track. Regardless of ownership.>>

<<Right, that.>>

"Wait, how could they be just about to do something when it's been nearly six months-"

<<FIVE MONTHS AND A WEEK!>>

"since anything happened? ... Did I just say that out loud?"

"Yes," called Poe.

"Fascinating."

<<Intestinal track.>>

<<Right, right.>>

"So I guess we've got a pretty lively crowd for the past six months."

"That's good, that's healthy, you know in a past life I used to be a psychologist by the name of Roy G. Biv. Then they found out indigo wasn't actually a color, and that made me Dr. Bv, which is silly, because Bv's only got two letters and so does Dr. Er... Doctor. But anyways in the past six months-"

"IT'S ONLY BEEN FOUR SECONDS!" Poe shouted

"Third base! Anyways, over the past six months, two calling birds, and a partridge in a pear tree, I've done a lot of thinking, and ultimately I've come to a conclusion. It's a profound philosophical statement of shocking magnificence and importance, and I think it really sums up the whole crazy situation we find ourselves in. Me and myselves can all get behind this statement."

He stood up and adjusted his color. "Screw all of you. You are all terrible people who are so blinded by your own prejudices that I have to make up some bollocks about not being a Harper that you then decide you're going to lynch me over anyway. 'Ooo, save us from the big bad Harper! There's like an entire army of monsters barreling down the long and winding road that leaves us to your door, but the bloke with the mandolin, there's the real enemy! Nobody expects the Harping Inquisition! Their chief weapon is fear. Fear and surprise. Their chief...'

"Eh, you get the point. What I'm trying to say is you're the most reprehensible human beings I have ever met in my life, and just to really get on your goat, I am going to save you all from the advancing horde if it kills me. I am going to save you so hard that your children and your children's children will feel saved and their children and children's children will at least feel comfortable walking the streets alone at night. I am going to bring peace to this vale so hard that the sound of laughter will fill the streets. I am going to ensure your tranquility so intensely that you're going to have nothing to do but go about your business for decades.

"In conclusion: sod off you beautiful examples of human individualism. Our ability to hold diverse cultural beliefs is what makes us so great. I hate you all so much that I love you. Bring it on."

<<This is the stupidest plan in the history of stupid plans.>>

<<Could be worse. I could've said 'Screw all of you.'>>

<<... You did.>>

<<Bugger. We're going to die, aren't we?>>

<<For this we wait six months?>>

TAG: Saintheart Penguinator

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: OOoh...! A chance to try out some stuff :p Need it. Im Rusty!

Ariel Elandinai

Ariel, invited to practice with them, easily joined them. Sulsalka was moving swiftly within her arms, as if it had always been there, and Ariel fell into the flow of combat with the others. It was a comforting feeling, and she enjoyed the intense workout. The Tiri Kitor were gracious, allowing her to join them in their lines, as they made space for her. It was tense, and unfamiliar territory for one used to fighting on the wing as she was, but Sulsalka was more than equal to the challenge. She felt the lessons of old flow through her, as she moved the blade. Yes, Sulsalka would do quite nicely.

"Hoa!" called Taliessar, and the glade came to a silence once more. Ariel looked over at him, curious as to the next bit of training to come. He grinned mischievously at her, and snapped his fingers. Suddenly, members of the troop moved back, and Ariel suddenly found herself surrounded by six elves, all with weapons raised. "Let's see how you really handle that blade," he said, as he folded his arms.

Ariel had a brief period of totally being surprised...but then she quickly spun, as she realized the six elves were now attacking. Ariel grinned as she understood the opportunity given to her. And she planned to use it.

Ariel suddenly expanded her wings outward, snapping them, and then quickly bringing them back in. As she did, she spun Sulsalka quickly in a small arc. She used her wings, barely hovering in order to move herself quickly as she concentrated on the gifts the Winged Mother had given to her, when she made her, her Duskblade. Keeping a keen focus, in order not to cause damage, she called upon her ability of her dexterity and speed, as she concentrated on her ability to strike true, to deal with the elves in front of her with a light tap.She seemed to be able to move faster than she had before, and she concentrated, listening to the Winged Mothers will, as it sang thru her. It was different with no shield to block an attack, but again, it did not seem to hinder her. Quite the opposite, in fact. She swung at the other elf almost the instant after she had tapped the first one, changing the arc of her weapon, bringing it in an upward swing and to the side, as if she would do if she was doing an flyby attack, letting her momentum carry her.

Almost as if she is dancing, Ariel twirled about to take on the next set of elves in front of her, she tried something she had not had chance to practice yet. It was something she KNEW she could do, but until now had been unable to. She concentrated, moving to channel a spell attack within the strike of her blade. Of course, not wishing to do any damage to them, instead of a spell that would cause damage, she channeled the ability to tire her opponent, within her blade. It would cause no permanent harm, but it gave her a chance to try such an attack. Ariel then had a moment, as something else came to mind that she could suddenly do ...

With a quick movement, Ariel charged another of the elves, as she did she touched his weapon with her blade...

And he disappeared, only to reappear where she had been standing in the middle of the circle, a few inches off the ground, while she quickly turned and to the elf nearest her, she called on blade to stun her opponent. Something which was the least damaging of attacks she could think of at the moment. Ariel felt the magics course through her. It was a comforting feeling, as she felt it course through her. It was hard, to resist the urge, to suddenly fly up into the air, and then power down the way she would in open battle. To feel the power and strength of the wind, as it flowed past her wings. The feel the Winged Mother's blessings as she flew. But Ariel knew that this was important as well. Not all battles could be fought within the skies. Out of reach of allies. It was just as important to be able to bring a strike here as well.

She lightly dropped down to her toes, and moved to deal with the last two elves. She move lightly, and then suddenly leaped high into the air. While not a high dive, it should be just enough to qualify as once, as she moved. She left off doing a power attack as she might normally do, instead using her weapon finesse once more, to move. She rolled through the attack, most likely something they would not expect her to do, but she had found it useful, since being within the party.(Dragon!) She then swung, as she turned, in another cutting arc, as she moved to tag the last elven warrior. The last one was quicker than the others, and having seen her other tactics, had anticipated better than the others had a chance to. Staying grounded was much harder than it looked during a fight! But she moved with him, making herself compensate. She did use her wings to help move her about faster as she moved, until she saw an opening. She spun Sulsalka, as she called upon the power of the Winged Mother once more. This time she channeled a tiny blast of frost, nothing to do any real damage, but enough to let the warrior know that he had been touched.

Snapping her wings shut, Ariel stepped back. She felt winded, but exhilarated at the same time. Now she REALLY wanted to fly, but paused as she waited to see if Taliessar was finished with his 'training'. Discovering her new skills along with her new weapon was a double blessing, and she could not help but smile slightly as she waited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.