main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Torrid Affair -- The next Obi/Trinity story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Rennati, Jun 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rennati

Rennati Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2001
    This is the next story in the saga of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Trinity Salka. This story takes place about six months after "Masquerade." Obi-Wan is twenty, and Trinity is twenty-seven.

This is my first posting of this story anywhere. A JC exclusive!!! tee hee hee

It's still a work in progress, but I will have it finished soon. Still, so far, I have enough to start it here.

As before, words in <> are internal thoughts or Force-conversation.

Hope you enjoy! :) :)

Rennati

A Torrid Affair

?Good morning darling,? Trinity Salka said, rolling into the arms of her lover.

?Morning.? Brine Flaran, her consort for the last six months, wrapped his arms around her. He pulled her to him, holding her tight. Their dating had started almost immediately after the Senatorial Ball that she attended with Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Brine was a wonderful consort, at least he was most of the time. But with him in her life, Trinity rarely had time for anything else personal.

<Obi-Wan,> she thought to herself, <I really need to go see him, I haven?t spent any time with him in a long time.>

?What are you thinking about?? Brine asked as he kissed her on the forehead.

?Obi-Wan,? she said with a smile.

Brine let out a sigh, ?why??

?I haven?t seen him in quite a while.? Trinity said, smiling.

?You care too much for the Jedi.? He rolled away from her. ?Especially that one.?

Trinity let out a sigh. ?They are my family, Brine. They have been for years. Obi-Wan is probably my closest friend.? She pried his arms off of her and scooted off the bed in her small apartment. She grabbed a blanket, wrapping it around her as she walked into the food prep area. ?I don?t understand your angst about the Jedi.?

?You work for them, it?s business. It shouldn?t be personal. And he shouldn't be your friend.? Brine said, sitting up on the bed.

Trinity's jaw locked at the last comment. <Who in the stars does he think he is, dictating my friends!> she thought. ?We?ve been over this before.? Trinity poured herself a cup of kaffe. ?I don?t think it should be an issue anymore. How you do business is your own choosing. I prefer to remain close to my subjects.? She took a sip off her drink. She didn't let her anger show through. That would have been bad. ?It gives me an edge that?s better than anyone out there who writes about the Jedi. I get personal. They can?t.?

?And that?s what makes you a great scribe. But you?re still working for them, and if they call, you run, like a little slave girl.?

?Brine!?

?It?s true. We can?t make any plans, leave the planet for any kind of vacation, because, if we do, sure enough, there will be some kind of Jedi crisis, and you have to go cover it.?

?That would be true whatever I did for the holo-vid. It would be the same with being on the Senatorial press core, the crime core, anything.?

?But you see what I mean.? Brine let out a sigh. ?I don?t want to fight with you this morning.?

?Then why do you do this?" She asked, her voice quivering slightly.

"I just don't get it, Trinity, you are a talented scribe. You waste your time with the Jedi," Brine replied.

"I do what I want to do, what I have always dreamed of doing!"

"You worship them like Gods, putting them above and beyond anything else in your life."

"They are a passion of mine since childhood, didn't you always want to design ships, ever since you were a child?" She asked him, pulling some fruit from her food storage unit.

"No, Trinity," he replied sharply. "I didn't. No one follows their childhood fantasies. That's why they're called fantasies!" He snapped, a bit louder than he should have.

"Leave, Brine." Trinity said, her voice strong, her words sharp.

?Trinity.?

?No! Leave!" She snapped back at him. Her heart began to crumple in her chest, her eyes welling up with tears. <He will not make me cry, not again,> she thought to herself.

?I love you! I just don?t see why everything has to be

2. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

YES!!! An exclusive Obi/Trinity?! :D :D

Great start...even if I wanna smack Brine right in the kisser ;)

aa :)

3. Broken-Sabre

Broken-Sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    Great start. Can't wait to see what happens. :)

4. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001
    Yeppers, this is an exclusive Obi/Trinity! I thought you all deserved an exclusive! tee hee hee! :D

Thanks for the great comments!

Later
    Rennati

5. DantSolo

DantSolo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    Already HATE Brine!! >:) Get him out of the picture and get Trinity with Obi! Brilliant post, Renatti! :)

6. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    hooray! Started right away!

7. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Up- Great Start Rennati! :)

8. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    This is good. I look forward to more. :)

9. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Yeah, sorry, when I posted my last post i hadn't read everything.... I upped it!

POst more soon Rennati!!!!

10. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001
    Here's the next installment. Thanks from everyone, glad to hear you all like it. :)

Hope you enjoy this part!

Later
    Rennati

Obi-Wan sat in his quarters, waiting for Trinity Salka. She was due to arrive sometime in the next twenty minutes, and he sat chatting with his master, trying to pass the time.

?And you would not believe how this man acted toward her! He was so demanding of her! Master, I do not understand what Trinity sees in such a dark person.? Obi-Wan told his master.

Qui-Gon sat still, watching the boy, and listening to his rants about Trinity?s consort

?Master, it was a disgrace. He demanded to know who Trinity was going out with, what she was doing. He yelled at her, Master?? Obi said, his eyes filled with rage.

?Trinity is a grown person. She?s twenty eight, is she not??

?Almost, she will be twenty-eight in a few weeks.?

?She is plenty old enough to know what kind of person she wants to spend her time with. Perhaps she likes his strong, overbearing attitude. Perhaps that is what she craves in a relationship.? Jinn said, watching his Padawan?s response.

Obi stared at his master, his jaw dropping. <I would never do that to her! She deserves so much better than that!> ?Regardless, he treats her like property. She is not property.?

?No, Trinity Salka belongs to no one but herself, I agree with you there.? Jinn laced his hands together in front of him. ?But, my young Padawan, you are not her lover, you have no right to tell her what to do with her life.?

?But as a Jedi, I am supposed to protect all life, correct??

?But that does not include protecting people from the inevitable pain of their own relationships.?

?But??

?Padawan, I think you are letting your personal feelings for Trinity to get in the way of your judgment.?

Obi-Wan stared at his master. His mind began backing away and attacking his emotions logically. <Perhaps I am getting too close to this, that I am getting too attached to her. After all, as he said, I am not her consort. I really am not in any position to criticize her choice in lovers.> ?It could be possible that I need some time away from her.?

?I will arrange something immediately.? Jinn replied.

?That will be good.? Obi said. He glanced at the floor, then back at the large, wise man. ?I still can spend some time with her tonight, correct??

Jinn smiled broadly. ?Of course. You should at least tell her goodbye.? Jinn stood and walked to him, patting him on the shoulder. ?I think that your leaving is a wise decision, Padawan.?

Obi-Wan nodded, his face remaining somber. <Some time away, some time to clear my head, and allow Trinity to see things for herself. That is what I need. That is what she needs, as well.> Of course, the thought of leaving Trinity appealed to Obi?s emotions no more than fighting four hungry rancors while being hand-binded to a hutt.

The door chime sounded, jerking Obi out of his thoughts.

Qui-Gon turned and answered it, smiling, and allowing Trinity into the room. She walked up to Obi-Wan.

?Are you ready??

?I am.?

?Where are you two going?? Qui-Gon asked.

?I thought I would take Obi-Wan to a musical concert.? Trinity replied. ?If that?s okay with you??

?That sounds wonderful,? Obi replied. His voice sounded strangely depressed, even surprising him.

<Be careful, Padawan.> Master Jinn?s thoughts invaded Obi-Wan?s brain.

<I will, Master,> he replied.

Trinity looked at both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. ?Don?t talk like I?m not here, boys, that?s rude,? she said with a grin.

Obi-Wan smiled. ?I thought you would be used to such things by now,?

?Not really.? She looked over at Jinn, who looked unusually somber. ?I?ll have him back at a respectable hour, Qui-Gon.?

?I know that you will.?

?Are you ready?? She turned to face Obi-Wan.

?Absolutely,? Obi said, as they walked out the door.

~*~~*~~*~

?How could you not tell me!? Obi-Wan said, rather irritated at Trinity.

?You didn?t as

11. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Great post! Angsty :D

12. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001
    Thanks amidolee...

It gets better...

Later
    Rennati

13. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    It gets better? :D Can't wait.

14. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001
    it gets better!

mmmuuuhhaahhhhhaaaaaahhhhaaahhhaaaahhhhha!!!!

[face_mischief] [face_devil]

15. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Well, good. I guess my sig can apply to this story too. :D

But stop teasing us and post! :)

16. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Oh my god, that was so, so, it was like it was taken out of some old romantic movie. I love this. Write more! Up [face_love]

17. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001
    Okay, here's the next installment... Thanks for the great comments! Makes the ego swell well... gotta love that! :D

I guess that scene before does sound like Casablanca, doesn't it? :D Not intentional... tee hee hee

And, for those of you who know Dant Solo, the second scene in this post is dedicated to her. It's as close as I can come to anything referencing Princess Leia.. :)

Later
    Rennati <-- never seen Casablanca...

~*~~*~~*~

Trinity walked through the halls of the Jedi Temple, her feet heavy, and her soul even heavier. Nearly a month had passed since that evening on the rooftop. And every night, she cried herself to sleep, missing Obi-Wan Kenobi more than her heart could possibly comprehend.

True, he had left in the past on missions, but nothing felt like this did. She felt like he had vanished out of the Force, his light gone. She still didn?t understand what had been said between them that night on the rooftop, and she didn?t know if she really wanted to know what had been said. All she knew was that the Force told her that it was necessary. No matter how much it hurt her.

Brine had been there for her, comforting, consoling, but nothing he did made her feel any better. She couldn?t explain how she felt to him, what the real ache in her heart was, but he did try to make her feel better. She barely told him what had been bothering her, only that she was stressed out from her job.

He took her out to dinner at all her favorite places, he bought her expensive gifts, treated her to anything and everything she could think of, but nothing seemed to bring the gleam back into her eyes.

Trinity had tried speaking to some of the Masters, especially Qui-Gon, but not even he would tell her why Obi-Wan had left. She knew, deep within herself, that he left because of her, but she couldn?t understand why or for what reason. As time had passed, she realized that she didn?t want to know why he left. Only that he would return. Someday.

So, she carried on. She worked every day, going on interviews, producing stories for the holo-vid, just working. She also made several articles for the Temple Archives. She put together on a holocron a large collection of all the articles that she had produced since she started working for the Temple, to place in the Librarian Assemblage. It was a project that she had started several years ago for the Temple, but she never finished it. Now, she flung herself into the project, creating a large collection of her stories for the Jedi of the future, to better understand the path of the Jedi. Master Yaddle had been most pleased when she handed her the holocron.

Still, the work didn?t replace her feeling of void that Obi-Wan was gone. She had never realized how much she had produced with him in her articles, until she finished this holocron. He was in several of the articles, some about Padawan life, some about Jedi fighting skills and tournaments, some just because he was around when she made the vids in general. And every image of her caused her heart to ache, like her soul was being gutted.

Brine, even though he tried his best to support her in her depression, still seemed distant to her, as if his caring was a generic form of well-wishing. At least it seemed that way to Trinity. Of course, she also felt so detached, she was certain it was her own doing.

?Trinity Salka,? a soft voice called out from behind her.

Trinity spun around, painting a perfect smile on her face at the Jedi coming toward her.

?Hello Master Jinn,? she said, smiling as best she could.

?Will you walk with me, Trinity?? he asked, his voice unusually delicate.

?Of course,? she said with a smile, lacing her arm through his.

They walked a few steps toward a lift, chatting generically about things, the weather, the current batch of Padawans that had recently attained Jedi status, some of Trinity?s articles, just friendly things.

When the lift doors opened, the two stepped inside. As they slipped shut, Qui-Gon turned t

18. DantSolo

DantSolo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    Aw! Thanks, Renatti!!! You are too sweet!! :) :) :) As you know, I loooooooove this scene!! Beautiful power of description!! You are the master!!! :)

Thanks again, my good friend!!!

19. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001
    Comming from the Mush Master, I bow humbly....

Rennati

20. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    I love you Mush Master!!!

J/K.... but I love this. Oh, send Obi back to the temple and let him hook up with Trin!

21. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001
    Patience, ThatJediGirl.. :) here's the next installment!

Later
    Rennati

Trinity sat on a firm chair in Brine?s office. She hated the chair, it was too rigid. Like most of the things in his office. Too rigid for her tastes. She had promised him to meet him here for lunch, but his assistant had told her he was in a meeting, and that he?d be along shortly.

She had cleared most of her schedule for the afternoon, in hopes to spend all of her time with him, but so far, she just spent the last forty-five minutes waiting for him in his office. Her annoyance was underscored by her sharp editing of one of her programs for the holo-news vid.

She sat there, making cuts and edits to the article to have it ready for the weekend publication. It was an article about Master Plo Kloon, and she found herself gutting it like a live animal.

After nearly an hour of waiting, the door to the office slid open, and Brine stepped in.

?Hey there,? he said, smiling at her as he came in. ?Been waiting long??

?Only an hour,? she replied tartly.

He glanced over her shoulder at what she was working on. ?Well, it looks like you?ve stayed busy,? he answered her tartness with his own. He walked over to his desk, and seated himself behind it. ?You plan on working on that all through our lunch??

Trinity closed the program down and stuck it in her bag. ?No, unless you plan on working also.?

?What is with you lately?? Brine demanded, his voice filled with hostility.

?I told you, I?ve been really busy, and I am not happy about some things at the Temple right now.? Trinity said, her voice wavering only slightly at the last part.

?Here we go again,? he muttered.

?I listen to you talk about your work, the least you could do is listen to me talk about mine. At least pretend to be interested!?

?I have been incredibly accommodating to you over the last four months, and all I get from you is hostility! I have taken you out, bought you things, listen to your ramblings about the chu?ellen Jedi, tried everything I could think of to make you feel better, and all I get is a nasty attitude!? Brine shouted at her.

?Don?t you chu?ellen yell at me about the Jedi! You don?t know anything about them!? Trinity fired back. ?They have more honor on their worst day than you have in your entire being!?

?Oh, yes,? Brine began, his voice softer, but heavily mocking. ?The honorable Jedi, the wonderful Jedi, the perfect Jedi! Why don?t you go court one of those chu?ellen Jedi!?

?I should, they are better people that you are!? Trinity fired back at him. ?Obi would never?? she stopped herself mid sentence. <What did I just say? Oh, what did I just say? I didn?t say that, did I? I didn?t! I couldn?t have!> Her face paled at the shock of the words she just said.

?Obi? You mean that kid Kenobi? Your friend?? he emphasized the last word. He smiled, if only a mocking one. ?I get it now. That kid Jedi is gone, isn?t he? He left the Temple, didn?t he??

?What does that have to do with anything?? Trinity said, her voice somber. Rage began to build in her like a churning fire, pulsing and pulsing, ready to explode.

?He ran away from you, didn?t he?? He stabbed back at her.

?No!? she stammered at him. She had told him briefly about Obi-Wan?s leaving the Temple for some reason, but she didn?t know why. The thought that he left because of her had been mentioned, but Trinity didn?t want to believe such nonsense. <Obi would never run away from me,> she thought to herself. <Kest, that Brine!> He stood there, vocalizing her worst fears, her deepest anguishing thoughts.

<Nonononononononono! You?re wrong, you are!> She screamed in her mind. Obi <would never!>

Brine didn?t stop himself. ?I remember now, you told me. He left, left you. Ran away from you, from the Temple. He couldn?t stand to be near you, could he?? He screamed at her.

?Obi-Wan would not do that! You would do that!? Trinity fired back at him. But inside, her walls were cr

22. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Oooo, I hope Obi finds out what that jerk did!

23. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I hate that guy. I really don't like Brine. And now that he is out of the picture, Trin and Obi can live happily ever after!!! :)

24. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Wow...I've missed a few posts and I completely apologize! That scumass Brine...grrr....I hope she can find that he is the worthless one, not her.

aa :)

25. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001
    Here's the next installment... :D Brine is a jerk, ain't he??? Well, soon enough, Obi will know what happened!

Read on!

Thanks to everyone for the really great reviews! :::ego blooming again:::

Later
    Rennati

PS: The next post after this may be a bit, I'm still tightening up the ending, so there is more to come. But it may be a few days.
    R.

~*~~*~~*~

<He?s home! He?s home, he?s home he?s home, he?s home!> Trinity Salka?s mind cried out. She resisted every urge to keep from running to his quarters to see him. She wanted to run to his arms, grab hold of him. How she needed to hold him! Feel his wonderful presence, know that he would always be there for her. All the fear she had that he wouldn?t come back at all had dissipated at the feeling of his lifeforce just now.

A week had passed since the fight with Brine. His malicious and evil words struck her soul, causing her to vomit, not once, but at least four times that afternoon. She ran to her home, being negligent to at least three appointments that afternoon, and calling the Temple, telling Master Gallia to excuse her absence, due to illness.

She hadn?t spoken to Brine since the incident in his office. Nor did she want to. Inside, her heart felt like a stomped on, overly digested meal from a hutt. But somehow, she had managed to press on.

But, being the person that she was, she refused to let her feelings show at the Temple. After all, the Jedi didn?t need to see their link to the outside suffering! She had to stay strong, as much as she could. So, she had been keeping to herself. Her insides screamed with the feeling of abandonment, but her outer posturing showed nothing. And fortunately, no one had asked her if anything was wrong.

Not that they wouldn?t have noticed the circles under her eyes. Of course, those had been there for months, and no one had bothered to ask yet. But now, she knew that she looked worse, she always could tell when she felt truly upset. The emotions hung on her face like a mask. Her skin was sallow, her face, sunken in because she couldn?t bring herself to eat, and her clothing was beginning to hang on her.

But now, she could feel Obi-Wan?s presence! She knew he was home. She no longer felt so alone in the Force. Her steps were lighter, a smile was painted on her face and she seemed to float from end to end of the Temple. She felt like she glowed from inside, knowing that he was here.

Her instincts running rampant, she reached out and brushed his presence with the Force.

<Welcome home,> she thought to him. She felt his response and a warm feeling of thanks filled her, like a special hug.

He felt so much more in tune to the Force! His mind seemed sharper, more open, and much more welcoming of the Force. And of her. Not like he was that night before he left. She bit her lip, trying to repress the grin that filled her face.

Trinity had a little bit to waste before her next meeting. This time, she was doing an interview with Master Yoda, and she had to go over some things before the interview. She headed for the conservatory, her feet still dancing and her heart still singing. The harshness of Brine?s words left her mind. Obi was home. And all was right with the universe!

~*~~*~~*~

After Obi-Wan had cleaned and unpacked his four months worth of belongings, including a deck of sabaac cards that Bail Organa had insisted that he take home, he sat down at the dining table that he and Qui-Gon shared. Qui-Gon had prepared one of Obi-Wan?s favorite meals, something that Obi-Wan had missed on Alderaan.

Obi took a deep breath of the food, savoring the scent. ?I have missed this,? he said, smiling at the meal. ?Alderaanian food is well prepared, but it is a bit spicy for my tastes.?

Qui-Gon smiled. ?It can be a bit spicy, especially at House Organa.?

?Oh, before I forget, Bail Organa sends his regards.?

Qui-Gon nodded. ?So, you had a pleasant stay??

?I did. Bail insisted on teaching me how to play sabaac, and I

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.