main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho A word about fanfilms....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedi5150, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi gang!

I just wanted to put in my $.02 worth about making fanfilms. THIS IS MY OPINION, not necessarily the opinion of the IFSWA:

Making fanfilms is great. It's fun, challenging, and rewarding.

However. Be careful putting too much emphasis in making fanfilms AS A CLUB. Many, many fans aren't interested in making fanfilms. In addition, it's difficult to make everyone feel involved in making a film (especially as the club gets bigger).

From experience, we've found you really need to diversify your activities. Costuming is one area that more members can feel "involved" with. We also drew numbers to set a playing order and now 3 different members play star wars trivia (game show style) each month at the meeting.

I guess what I'm saying is this: Utilize club resources (email lists, this board, etc) and members to make films, but avoid making it the main focus of the club.

Just my opinion.....please don't deactivate me! :)

Doug

2. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Hey Doug,
    I'm in total compliance. I think it's vital to diversify your activities and never just focus on one thing. However, this film is sort of our "this is our fanclub-LOOK!" film. It is an advertisement so to speak for the club. It's a humorous little skit that also gets our name out. However, it shows no mercy to Star Trek fans....sorry all you Trekkies.

3. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    Kasey,
    Yeah, I've read the script and I think it will be great! I just wanted to throw that out there because we made the mistake....

Doug

4. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    I am not really into fanfilms, but I am looking forward to participating in this one, because of the star trek slamming...

5. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    Certain fans are repelled by costuming and fanfilms as they are virtually embarassed to admit in public that they like STAR WARS, yet they seek out a fan club anyway. We are continually trying to brainstorm ways to get these people involved in anything, but they take real life too seriously and too concerned about their "rep".

6. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    Certain fans are repelled by costuming and fanfilms as they are virtually embarassed to admit in public that they like STAR WARS...
    ...but they take real life too seriously and too concerned about their "rep".

How shallow... Why do people like that have to be so dificult. Just drop the act, no body cares but you, right?

7. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    No kidding... Another great thing about this film, is once it's done we will "move along" to other films that won't necessarily be type casting our fan club members. As you have been told by me Doug, you know of Malcolm and my quest to make a post-Episode II fanfilm. This is going to call on people from all over the Idaho area. I'm hoping and praying that we can pull it off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.