main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Absolute Worst Cliffhangers

Discussion in 'Community' started by I Are The Internets, Jul 11, 2013.

1. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005

I got my brother-in-law into BSG, he's into the first few episodes of Season 4 right now. We were hiking together yesterday and it was all I could do to bite my tongue and not tip him off. Can't wait to see his reaction.

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    The absolute worst cliffhanger in the history of the written word is

3. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  4. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Yeah.

The inverse of this was Millennuim's second season ending. What would have been an interesting way to end a series early becomes a crap cliffhanger where they killed all but 3 major characters when they were given a third season late.

5. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
  6. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    YES THANK YOU. There were some decent moments in the first season but overall I never understood the hype.

7. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    To think that that shot of everyone standing around on Earth looking utterly crushed almost became the last shot of the series.

8. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I'm in the middle of watching that show right now. I'm at Season 5 the last season. Apparently Spider Man Unlimited follows on but also ends in a cliffhanger.

9. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    RDM talked about that in the podcast too, didn't seem to upset by the prospect. He's a sick man.

Moving on to other shows/books I've become obsessed with, I am very much looking forward to GRR Martin's death well before the final two books come out.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I mean I liked Zachery Quinto's character. I hated the cheerleader, and Hiro was absolutely irritating. Actually, I hated every single character in the show except for Sylar.

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I love the 90's Spiderman series but yeah that was a terrible ending. There was supposed to be another season I think. Something about going back in time. Spider-Man Unlimited was not as good so it was cancelled after the 2nd season.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  12. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    What about the New Animated Series? I haven't seen any of that show yet but I know it has finished.

13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

The show was cancelled. That's why. The plan was to do another season with Peter searching for MJ and finding Carnage as Jack the Ripper, in 1888 London. But the show was cancelled and showrunner John Sempler said that he opted to end it with Peter meeting his creator and then going off with Madme Web, because meeting Stan Lee and understanding the point of his hero's journey, was more important than reuniting with MJ. "Spider-Man Unlimited" was designed to take place after all that. It had good ratings, but the success of "Pokemon" and "Digimon" hurt the show. It initially aired for four episodes in the fall of 1999, before going on hiatus and resuming in January of 01 and burning off the rest of the completed episodes.

14. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Carnivale's ending because it just ended without any closure on its mythology as it was untimely canceled by HBO.

15. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Rome Season 2. Pullo walks off with the boy? That's it? What about Vorenus? Is he dead or what? Maybe not a horrible cliffhanger but a sad ending, imo.

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It wasn't cancelled... that was the 5th or 6th season, and the 65th episode, and no FOX shows back then got more than 65 episodes. I know the creators said that's what they would do if FOX decided to make an exception for them, but that ending really was supposed to be the finale.

I know the message was supposed to be "Spider-Man saved all reality, and is the best Spider-Man of every dimension, and he's finally happy with who he is and what he's done even if he never finds MJ again" but still, Madame Webb should have just presented him with MJ at the end.

But even then, finding MJ wouldn't change that Peter married her clone and is a widower, and the real MJ won't remember all that happened between him and her clone (like revealing his identity, the proposal, marriage, honeymoon, etc.)

And Spider-Man Unlimited was hardly related to the original series. That was an aberration :p

17. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    The Silver Surfer series that aired on FOX in the late '90s ended on one doozy of an unresolved cliffhanger: Thanos succeeding in destroying the universe!

I hated how the Adult Swim series Stroker and Hoop ended (The main characters dying due to a villain's plot), but then I learned how the creators planned to resolve it if Adult Swim picked it up for another season, so I felt somewhat relieved, although the part about the characters inadvertently killing God left me :rolleyes:, despite myself being rather agnostic in my own personal beliefs.

18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I wasn't a fan of the Assassin's Creed III ending mainly because I wanted complete closure dammit.

19. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    How did you even see that cartoon? As I recall, it literally got yanked off the air after part 2 of the pilot. I couldn't find it anywhere in the listings, and it was bad enough that it seemed plausible they would do something like that.

20. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Now watch ladies and gentlemen as DantheJedi leaves Wocky on a cliffhanger by never responding to him in regards to his query![face_devil]

21. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    [​IMG]

"Mac and Me"

They promised they would be back, yet they never returned.:_|

22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    In many ways, The Matrix Revolutions has a cliffhanger of an ending since the machines are still around and everyone is ****ed.

23. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    You mean the Desmond story? That was damn annoying.

24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yup. I fear that the story is going to become more and more nonsensical after each game progresses.

25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Red Dwarf