main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    As I'm remaining unspoiled by the books, I'm going to assume that books 4 and 5 involve an invasion of xenomorphs.

Gorefiend likes this.
  2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000

Margaery: Brother dear, why don't you have a date for the Highgarden ball?

Loras: Because I've decided that I'm going stag.

3. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    And now for something completely different

4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    So, I'm looking forward to the new ME3 multiplayer DLC.

I'm especially looking forward to playing as this guy:

[​IMG]

Oh, BioWare. How easily you win me back.

Gorefiend and TrakNar like this.
  5. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    The Story DLC also looks pretty interesting especially as it takes part on the Citadel.

6. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    So my uncle decided that I was a nuisance (he found out my plot to kill him), raised his armies and kicked me out of Finland. I'll try to refight that war tomorrow, but it won't work, he has too many men. Not fair, it took me two decades to convert Savolax and get a small amount of troops from there, but he just inherited lands in Sweden. I should have killed him when I had a chance, but it "cost too much".

And just when I had betrothed two of my daughters to the heirs of the king of Sweden (my other uncle).

This is a brilliant game, like The Sims: A Game of Thrones. It has all the back-stabbing, messed-up characters and gods-are-not-good twists of both.

Gorefiend, RC-1991 and Ulicus like this.
  7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    You've gone too far this time, Nick.

[​IMG]

8. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I'm definitely looking forward to it. The key part is that it's supposed to give a lot of the Mass Effect 2 characters send offs. Too bad Zaeed likely won't be part of it, as his voice actor died about a week ago :(

Personally, I couldn't care less about ME3 multiplayer DLC.

9. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Zaeed's in it.

Fair enough... but your loss! As skeptical as I was about the MP, it was a freakn' triumph.

I enjoy it a lot more than the main game, if I'm honest. Though I've not played for a fairly long while.

10. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    That's great news.

And what I've played of the ME3 multiplayer is great, Bioware really surprised me on that one. I'm just not big on multiplayer in general. I might be living in the stone ages, but when I play a game I like to have some kind of end point, something to work to and call it a day when you reach it. Might explain why I don't adore Skyrim as much as some others (though I do really enjoy it).

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  11. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    I just figured out that Zaeed was voiced by the guy who played Ethan Rayne on Buffy. He was a really good actor/voice actor. What a sad loss. And the current Angel & Faith arc involves his character as a zombie... unfortunate timing there. :(

I'm glad he got to play Zaeed again though. That character and some others from ME2 (coughJackcough) didn't have very much to do in ME3. I'm excited for the new DLC.

12. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
  13. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Book-Tyrion would be so jealous of TV-Tyrion

krtmd likes this.
  14. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I spied snogging in a cave. My shipper heart is happy.

RC-1991 and JackG like this.
  15. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I refought the war, and for some reason my dear uncle just beat my army up and left Finland to fight other people in Sweden. I put sieges on his territories in Finland, and then received a note: "War is over, your uncle Duke Bengt II died in suspicious circumstances when he arrived to Sweden. The King now commands the western Finland directly. You have inherited one county from your uncle." I tried immediately to ask the King to let me rule the whole Finland as a Duke, but he said no. Magnus The Wise, they call him. Well, with two of my daughters married to his sons and me being his Chancellor I think I'm in his good books.

I was content with just three daughters, but felt that my realm would prospect better under one ruler instead of three (if I died then the counties would be divided to every daughter), and so I asked for a divorce, left my old wife-aunt and married one who was not a relative and who immediately gave me a son to rule the realm by himself. That was good, but then she gave me another son, whom I first named Suuramiraali Hillo as a nomen est omen thingy, but then realized that my realm was again in threat of dividing between two rulers. So I said to my wife "Look! A direwolf!" and hid the baby in the dungeons. Then I tried to banish him to Iceland but that wouldn't have stopped him from coming back before my corpse was cold. So I asked my Commander of the City Watch if he would do it with no questions asked. He asked "How much?".

Suddenly everyone looked at me like I had done something wrong. That lasted for some years and I couldn't get small talk going properly at parties. Then I found out that I could ask the Pope to forgive me. I wrote a letter, included two hundred gold pieces in the envelope and sent it to Vatican. And that was it, I was loved again. Even my former wife number two, of whom I took a divorce to stop her making more sons, was happy to see me again, and I allowed her to tutor her son.

GOOD WARU I'M A MONSTER!

Gorefiend likes this.
  16. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
  17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Despite being stuck in a room with me and a bunch of colleagues for 9 hrs yesterday, one of my friends still wanted to watch ROTJ with me last night. This is one of those people I mentioned who'd never seen the OT before. I realized it was actually kind of cool to see it with someone who doesn't have memories of the original versions, and so I asked what she thought about Vader's "noooooo" and the Jedi Rocks bit. She thought the latter looked really dated (in comparison to the original stuff, which looked "spectacular" on bluray) and she thought the "nooo" was unnecessary and that more was less in that scene. Despite never having seen the films before, she could still read the emotional turmoil on Vader's face... err, mask. Just goes to show that Lucas's meddling doesn't just irritate people like us. :p

It's actually funny watching ROTJ with someone who knows -- as all people do -- the sibling revelation and all that, but didn't know how Vader died, or that the Ewoks worshipped 3PO etc. It's rare these days to watch the films with someone who isn't a child and yet it's all new to them. We then proceeded to watch ROTS (which she hadn't seen since 2005) because she wanted to understand the "political situation" of the OT better. In some ways, watching ROTS with a n00b was even more entertaining because of all the questions -- when the clones attacked the droids on Utapau, she asked "wait, so who are the good guys?" and I was like "err, that's a really complicated question... even before I get into my 'I love the Emperor' stuff." Even better was when she asked whether Palpatine was a Jedi because "he knew so much about the Force." When I said no, and explained that the Sith were the dark side versions of the Jedi, she asked me "so wait, are the Sith a bunch of teachings or are they a species?" I was like "well, since you asked.... it all started with these comics, see." :p

Actually the most surprising part is that I found things in ROTJ that I'd never noticed/seen before: I. a Jawa fanning Jabba II. that parduung or whatever that funky two headed species you see in the Taris Cantina in KOTOR III. there's a freaking fresco of Jabba painted on the wall of the Sail Barge. It looked amazing. And ridiculous. But amazing.

18. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Perhaps you should have showed her the Empire Strikes Back. Or perhaps that would have been even less n00b friendly. Still, no Ewoks!

19. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    You mean this guy? Can you screencap it or give us the time in which it appears?

[​IMG]

20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000

Already seen it. ROTJ was the only one left.

And yes, I'll try to screen cap that sucker.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

"A relief in Nal Hutta sandstone. Hand-carved by slaves of the great Hutt artist Dreyba. Commissioned by Jabba to illustrate his vast influence. Titled 'Ne Ganna Dateel Jabba.'"

[​IMG]

22. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    And I heard they finally found the "1138" in ROTJ; it's on the wrong side of Boushh's helmet.

23. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
  24. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I would never be able to use that. In part out of the great respect and admiration I have for the admiral, as well as the fact that it would be terrifying.

--Adm. Nick

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Quest: Whoa, it was a relief? Even cooler! My respect for that disgusting slug has increased slightly.

RF: No, it looked like the other end, the end that doesn't talk in Basic. I think it was scrambling around after Jedi Rocks, or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.