main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    There was activity here?

I didn't notice.

2. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Ex, the opposition TRIED to block it but it ended up going through. I know the details as I was at an MP's office the other day and it's coming.

3. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Thanks, guys. :p

And hi Katana. How are you? I don't think I've met you before.

4. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Hello Rew, is that short for Rewind?

5. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Nope, short for Andrew!

However, I am egotistical enough that whenever I do see "REW" on a remote control, it inevitably reminds me of myself. :p

I took a gander at some of the Wook stuff linked on your profile--looks like some of those would be good reads! I'd particularly like to check out the Vergere article in your sig, but I haven't read NJO yet. I should probably read through Traitor first.

6. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Well, when I see katanas everywhere I am reminded of myself.

And you should read Traitor and make up your own mind before reading my essay.

7. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Thank goodness you changed your icon, Katana. The way Brood was staring right at me.... creepy. So they passed it through, eh? A lot of people are going to blow it on alcohol, just you see. It's the families who will benefit the most, and farmers. Surprised I didn't hear of it...

Welcome to the boards, Rew. Didn't see you. I was a newbie once...so long ago...feel old...

8. RebelJoseWales

RebelJoseWales Jedi Master star 3

Sep 10, 2008
    Hey, it's still stimulating the economy.

Of course, the problem with stimulus-type things is that the government gets money from taxpayers, so they're just taking money from people to give it back to them.

9. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Hey, I drew that icon! :mad:

Your one didn't get approved though, neither did my Obama Jedi ones.

And some people, students who are on benefits, get TWO payments. I am not making this up.

10. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Thanks, Ex. Wow, 2002 you were a newbie, eh? That was back when I was in college!

Anyway, good evening everyone. Just got back from a Shrove Tuesday pancake "dinner." Tomorrow is an Ash Wednesday service. I'm actually giving up novels (including EU) for Lent this year. [face_blush]

11. S1thari

S1thari Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 13, 2008
    Oooh that's a good one. I'm not sure I could do it myself...

12. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Ex, you are old.

I could easily give up novels for Lent. It was an unusual thing for me to read two novels in the last week. Most of my reading is either for study or is nonfiction. :p

13. S1thari

Oct 13, 2008
    Well, unfortunately for my job, we have so much downtime now that it would be painfully boring for me if I couldn't read any novels... Star Wars or not. Still, I could do it if need be. My shifts would just drag on insanely long. I-)

14. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

True. I don't see why if 400 new icons can get uploaded, why the one you made for me couldn't too. How long does it take to upload an icon, seconds? These Icon Managers are just lazy. If I was a manager I'd just do it on the spot each night, bang, it's done.

You drew your Brood icon, Kat? How'd you get such talent? Why can't I draw like that? Why is my venus flytrap dying? One lousy fly I fed it and all 27 baby heads are slowly turning black... :_|

Cool! If I'm an oldbie that's means I can call you all youngsters whipper snappers.

15. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Don't you do that already?

16. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

Call people whipper snappers? No . . . Mad fans. Immature fans. Fanatics. Freaks. Elf lovers. Hardcover vermin . . . :p In a good mood this evening... my poor little flytrap is going to die soon, but I snapped Galacatica season 1 and 2 for half price. [face_dancing]

Could have watched it for FREE if it weren't for Aust tv station's bias against anything sci fi. Damn you Aust stations....

17. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I hate to be all Doctor Whoy again but I just found this on YouTube and thought it was pretty impressive. This guy is making a Doctor Who (Third Doctor) anime.

Awesome.

Well, some of the VA is weird....

18. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Ex, it's a screenshot as as the other TFU icons I have done. Most of the TFU and Fanboys icons are by me, but they are VOTED in.

19. S1thari

Oct 13, 2008
    Very nice. Fortunately for me, my DVD/CD store has all the Battlestar's used - in excellent condition as well - and so they're like $15-$20 each. But I've still yet to find 2.5...

And Katana - I'll never forgive you for that ruckuss of a thread you started over at TOS about Jacen and the 2 Vergere's!

...Okay, I forgive you. [face_blush]

20. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    What, it's STILL going on?

21. S1thari

Oct 13, 2008
    No, it finally died down a week ago *knocks on wood* but for a while it had turned into a feeding frenzy. [face_worried]

22. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Sorry, all this new BG nonsense can't hold a candle to the awesomeness that was Battlestar Galactica: 1980...

23. S1thari

Oct 13, 2008
    I guess not. Tried to watch a few episodes but couldn't finish. Maybe I'll try again soon

24. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

That animation is cool. Memories . . . I first discovered Doctor Who in 2004 when ABC was showing repeats. I remember Pertwee wasn't hesitant to get martial with the bullies. But always held himself back. Then the last episode on the spider planet . . . he was in serious trouble with the sinister spiders . . . he needed to get to the TARDIS and he finally went all brucelee on the villain chaps. Almost made it to the door when the spiders zapped him. It's sad. The one time he really let himself go, is the one time he failed...

A system of voting is ridiculous and outmoded. Everyone should have the option to personally upload an icon. One a month shouldn't overload the system. Mario's jumping, there's heaps of boards out there where you can load your own avatar. I think it's also ridiculous they must all be star wars themed. Why the strictness? Where here for fun,a ren't we? Lets be leisurely in avatars.

[image=http://photos21.flickr.com/25580407_9b6b3bd93e.jpg]

How can you not love this pic? It's pleading to be iconed. I use on the Malazan forum....

25. S1thari

Oct 13, 2008
    Animation for BSG? Definitely.

Still have never seen Doctor Who, but all the DVDs are cheap... will definitely check it out one of these days...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.