main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN Active Members?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Layren, Jul 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    Hey drthmrl. Yeah, computer problems and life (not neccisarily in that order) plays havok sometimes. Anyway, things seem to be back under control to where I can devote more time to our little fledgling group of ragtag rebels.

The 23rd at 7:00 at Sir Goony's it is. Ya'know... that's in 3 weeks. This will be a day long remembered... (oh... I should have used that in the quote post).

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Alrighty! First meeting is in three weeks! We need to decide who's going to be the official liason and let them know and we also need to let them know our official group name. Anything else we need to talk about before the meeting?

3. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    Layren, why don't you be our rep and let Minancia know about our meeting and be our contact. I volunteered, but I'll (hopefully) be getting a job soon, and I'm not sure I'll have as much time to commit to this. If you are still interested, go ahead....unless someone else wants a shot at it?

I'm so glad we have set the date and time! I'm planning on bringing my hubby, and we may even bring the kid (she is a star wars fan too--even has her own yoda lunchbox, plus it will be funny to see her chase people around with her golf club). :)

4. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Sure I'd be more than happy to! Bring the kiddo! I like kids :D Never too young to start training them to love our favorite movies ;) I missed out on star wars when I was a kid. :p I didn't discover they were good movies until I was in high school with the special editions :p

So are we going with The Chattoine Mountain Brigade as our chapter name?

5. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    OK, so how are we going to know who is who? I don't want to end up playing putt-putt with some weirdo star wars freak strangers I don't know! lol
    seriously, we need some kind of secret handshake, or identification...lol
    ok, ok, SERIOUSLY, we need some kind of info so we know who each other is (so we can SHAME any who don't show)

6. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    That was a worry last time. We picked a place that didn't have a lot of traffic so it would be a little easier to figure out who was who. Hmmm...

I would say to wear a Star Wars shirt, but would that be targeting everyone as "a Star Wars geek"? Probably. We could always pick one person to look for and we'll all just kind of gather around her (hint hint).

7. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    I will very willingly wear my Star Wars shirt--I got it from starwarsshop online and I love it. It's white with blue rimmed collar and sleeves, and it's got the original trilogy stuff on it. My kid loves it too, and if I end up bringing her along, then you'll see me wearing my SW tee holding the hand of a tiny terror. :)

8. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    LOL@ Vesper's hint.

My dad is bringing my star wars stuff up next week that he got down out of my parents attic and that includes several of my star wars t-shirts which I will happily wear. :p I thought about the idea of making name tags for everybody too to wear while we play so we don't forget who's who.

I have a picture I can post of me and my husband if ya'll want to hunt for us :p

Edit -- I went ahead and sent the e-mail announcing our first meeting :)

9. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Ok guys, I promise I'm not trying to get out of this, and I'm not trying to be difficult, but the 23rd will not work for me either. I have found out that whole week is horrible for me. Can we move it up (to say, the 16th) or back (to maybe the 30th)?? I hate asking you guys to move it just for me, and we just got in touch with Minancia and all, but I really don't want to miss the first meeting.
    Please let us know something soon, if we are going to change our meeting time, we'll need to let Minancia know asap.

Please? *pitiful, pouty, begging look to all* [face_praying] :_|

and yes, Layren, we want to see your pic!

10. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    I'm pretty flexible as far as dates go. If the date is moved to the 16th, we would have to let Minicia know since all the announcements about meetings are made on Friday, and I don't know how long in advance she has to send it to whoever is above her.

These first few meetings might be a little strange until we get to know each other and our schedules. We should probably work toward a set day each month once we get our 3 official meetings out of the way. Right now, we just need to make sure that we have at least 3 people attend 3 consecutive meetings. With that in mind, we should try to accomadate everyone we can. With that said, let's take a vot on which date would be better... the 16th or the 30th. I hate to throw out even more possibilities, but are weekends out of the question? Again, I don't know what works for everyone, so let's decide quick if we plan on moving the date.

My .02... I say we move it UP rather than back.

Oh... and if everyone else will wear their Star Wars shirts, then I'll be happy to as well. Depending on what day we decide, I may get to bring Anakin with me. The Dark Side is definitly within him!

11. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Ok It sounds like so far the 16th is good for everybody. I can e-mail Minacia back and let her know we changed the date if that's good for everybody.Here in a day or so.

Here's a link to a pic of me and my hubby. Of course I won't be in white though in theory I could wear it and play golf in that if everybody wants a good laugh :p
    Tim and Lauren pic

Something else that occured to me. This is an outdoor activity. We need to have a backup plan just in case it rains.

12. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Well, around here, when it rains... everyone goes to WalMart.

OK, ok... We might still have to start out at Sir Gooney's then go from there. I agree that we should probably have an idea of where we could go from there, though. Bowling? (just throwing out ideas... I haven't bowled in years). Maybe out to eat? There's an Amigo's near Sir Gooney's (who wanted Mexican?) or several other places around.

13. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Bowling would be a good alternative. I haven't bowled in ages -- Can we have bumper guards? :p hehehehe. We could eat out at Amigo's too either would be fine with me. No walmart hang outs please :p We used to do that in college cause there was nothing better to do lol in the tiny town of Henderson TN :p

14. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    16th sounds good to me. Eating out sounds like a good alternative in case of rain.

15. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    alright so for the record our date has been changed to the 16th at 7:00 Sir Gooney's since this seems to work for everybody.

16. Jedi_Sha

Jedi_Sha Jedi Master star 5

Oct 13, 2002
    :_|
    no fair! i wanna come! stupid school up in stupid kentucky. [face_pouty] good job putting everything together. i guess we have our chapter leader, huh?

we'll have to do something in December when I'm home. well, y'all have fun without me.

17. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Good to hear from you, JediSha. How are things up in Kentucky? We'll definitly make sure that the December meeting has a place for you, lol! If all goes well, we may even be an official chapter by then. Things are looking up.

18. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Yesterday I looked at my calendar wondering out of curiosity which date the 16th fell on. I was shocked to find that that's next week! Hehehe. It's hard to believe it's mid-september almost already! This year has flown by for me. Any suggestions for future meetings? If we have three in a row soon we might get the chance to host the IMAX Revenge of the Sith. I think that would be an excellent goal for us to try to do. Any thoughts or other feelings about that?

Edit-- JediSha Sorry things didn't work out in time for you to meet with us! Like Vesper said we'll definetely plan something while your in town :)

19. Jedi_Sha

Oct 13, 2002
    woohoo! :D

things are fine up here. i love four classes, detest one. that's a good ratio, i think. it's a bit rainy and dreary though.

20. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Glad your classes are going good so far! That is a good ratio. Hating one out of five isn't bad at all :) Good luck with school! It was rainy here on Tuesday. What was left of Hurricane Frances drenched us.

21. Jedi_Sha

Oct 13, 2002
    that's what my parents said. they told me the wind was fierce. i'm glad we've only had the nice drizzly rain. the kind that feels good and is nice to walk in, ya know.

22. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    If we have three in a row soon we might get the chance to host the IMAX Revenge of the Sith. We could host the imax version? :confused:

23. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Yeah something like that. Sarka Vrae and I were chatting about it the other day and she mentioned that and I think it would be great if LucasFilm chose our city as a place for an IMAX presentation of Revenge of the Sith since we do have an IMAX theater here.

24. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Weeeeellll... don't hold your breath about that. I'm pretty sure out IMAX has no intetion of playing anything longer than their usual 40 minute shows. We can bug them, of course, but it's a long shot.

25. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Back in Hunstville at the Space and Rocket Center they usually show shows like you're talking about. But they did special stuff every once in awhile too. They hosted the IMAX version of AOTC which I got to see :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.