main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Adapting Pseudonyms

Discussion in 'Archive: Episode IV: Spoilers Allowed' started by Tabula Rasa, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    With having the entire galactic Republic on their tail, I doubt Obi-Wan and Yoda will be keeping their old names. Much like Luke and Leia will undoubtedly take the names of their foster parents (Luke Lars & Leia Organa) they will change theirs. In this thread we guess what pseudonyms our two remaining Jedi will be going by when we see them in Episode IV.

The most obvious choice for Obi-Wan Kenobi would be Ken, though I'm not sure if a name like Ken is all too common in a Galaxy far far away. I was thinking perhaps something along the lines of Eugene? As for Yoda, I was thinking Yancy, though the possibilities are endless when it comes to Yoda, there's really no telling what he would come up with. Whatever it is though, it will undoubtedly have a Y in there somewhere.

2. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I don't know. I don't know if it would be the same having Obi-Wan called something else... He's always been Obi-Wan. [face_worried] I really don't think we should mess with that. It might be taking it a bit too far, although Lucas does love those Pseudonyms.

3. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I have two thoughts on this....Lucas will probably make an anagram out of Obi-Wan Kenobi's name (take a look here for ideas), and knowing GL's love of mythology, Yoda will take on a name that has some sort of mythological reference to Yoda's endgame. I'm guessing probably some sort of Asian character that embodies redemption and restoration (of the Jedi Order)...or maybe sacrifice...something like that, which if/when people find out, would foreshadow his plot line.

4. Celestial_Bling

Celestial_Bling Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2004
    You guys have no idea what you're talking about.

Can you imagine all the bureaucracy that would be involved in setting up *believable* pseudonyms for everyone. It would be ridiculous. Paperwork all over the place.

EDIT: I don't want to see a movie filled with scenes where people are filling out forms.

5. LeiaAmidalaSkywalker

LeiaAmidalaSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2005
    i like yogi for yoda.

6. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Please... it's just plain "Yogurt."

7. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Ken? This film just raises my expectations every minute. [face_plain]

8. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    There's no way they'd keep the babies with the skywalker name, that'd just be idiotic

9. Blood_of_Yoda

Blood_of_Yoda Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2002
    Wasn't the name "Minch" connected to Yoda at one point? I seem to remember reading that in some obscure source...
    might also be a good reference to Spielberg's "Munich" since he and Lucas are so great buddies lol

Obiwan... maybe he'll call himself Cody. Or Obiwan Antilles, since there seem to be so many of them running around :p

10. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Boogs, you know I love you, but you are going to hate this movie no matter what it seems. C'mon. Don't set yourself up, just go in there with an open mind and allow the magic of Star Wars to take over.

11. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    I see your point, Roo, but it's hard to keep an open mind when an open grab for cash seems to be taking precedence over telling a good story.

12. Sweet and Sour Porkins

Sweet and Sour Porkins Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 1999
    They should just call Darth Vader "Jeff" and he'll be in charge of catering.

13. The-Godfather

The-Godfather Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.