main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN Adventure Con 3.0 in TN! Anthony Daniels and David Prowse will be there!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by K9-Rod, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    Hey all, long time no see!...or hear.

I thought I would drop in and let you all know the latest on the upcoming Adventure Con 3.0, another chance to meet some big Star Wars celebrities...and some non-SW too.

For those of you that ahve never gone to one, this is the third year and every year it gets bigger and bigger.

They have a huge amount of tables with dealers and companies being represented. Fan Groups like The 501st, Tennessee SW Collectors Group and Alambama Syndicate have tables set up and the list of celebrities this year is bigger than ever!

David Prowse
    Anthony Daniels
    Felix Sila (Ewok in glider in ROTJ)
    Brad Dourif (Grima Wormtongue form LOTR)
    Tanya Roberts (many films)
    Richard Hatch (Apollo from Battlestar Galactica)
    Dick Durock (Swamp Thing)
    Jason Bostwick (Shazam from TV Series)
    Alex Vincent (from Child's Play)
    KathY Garver (Spiderman animated voice actress)
    And several more guest are being finalized as we speak

Go check it out!

2. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    Hey Rod, what's going on? It's been a while since I've heard from you too. I've been meaning to call you to see about doing some kind of joint activity in the summer sometime. Maybe like a cookout or something I dunno but whatever should be fun. If not then we could always do something when the OT DVDs are released but we'll discuss that later.

AC3 sounds like a blast! I'll spread the word about it up at work and I'll let my friends know about it for sure. I definitely plan to come though I doubt I'll do a table this year. As I learned last time I just get too distracted by all the cool stuff going on to sit at a table all day. You guys had a great booth at AC2, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll do this time around.

Good luck with the show, and I'll give you a ring here sometime soon.

3. TheWombat

TheWombat Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Wow, I didn't know Anthony Daniels did the voice of Legolas in the 1978 LOTR, weird. And Felix Silla has done lots of stuff too. Twiki!

4. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    JarJar,
    Hey man, that would be cool...a sepcial event where the two groups get together for a one time joint meeting. Talk about it amongst you guys at tomorrow's meeting and if you all want to do it let me know. And if you do, get some tentative dates cause trying to get so many people together in one place is always tricky....

5. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Yeah I was thinking probably summer, say May/June sometime would be perfect. I figure that we might just do a cookout at a park or someone's place or something but I'll definitely bring it up at the next meeting and I'll let you know what I find out Saturday sometime. I still have your cell phone number from back in the day so if that's different PM me and I'll call that instead.

6. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Hey gang- looks like a few of us from Memphis will be heading your way for AdventureCon. I've never been, but I've had friends tell me it'll be a blast.

Looking forward to it- hope to see you all around!

7. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Well I thought I'd make a correction and let you guys know that I may not make it Ad Con this year. My friend Dave is getting married in Johnson City that weekend and I won't be back until some time that Sunday. If I am not working that day (I have a pending request for it) I am pretty sure I'll make it back in time to catch most of the day, but if I have to work I won't make it.

I knew about the wedding date before I knew about Ad Con, but I just didn't put the two together. Sorry about that, but I'll do what I can to make it.

8. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Hey gang- just wanted to let you know the folks from Memphis had a great time at AdventureCon this weekend. We did a day trip on Saturday. Anthony Daniels and David Prowse were both great. Lots of great SW costumes running around, too!

9. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Saw JAckson Bostwick in Metropolis this weekend at the Superman Celebration. I asked if he had a good time at AdventureCon and he said yes, and that it was a REALLY well run show!

10. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    How far is Knoxville from Winston-Salem? Looks like a decent Con to come to.

edit:looks like I just missed it, I would have rather came there instead.

11. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Oh well, there's always next year!

EDIT:At least that's what I keep telling myself.

12. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    If ya like toys it seems he place to be!

I'll be back next year.

13. YodasQueen

YodasQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2003
    toys are good :D

14. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Hey gang- lots of pics are up now of AdventureCon. Check 'em out if you get a chance. There are two albums- one with a thumbnail of me and a facehugger, and another of Stabbo attacking Vader.

15. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Very nice! I didn't know that a predator was out there and having Stabbo the clown around was awesome! That made my day, so thanks a lot!

16. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Very nice! I didn't know that a predator was out there and having Stabbo the clown around was awesome! That made my day, so thanks a lot!

17. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Double-posting is the coolest!

18. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Hey gang-

Anthony Daniels has posted some new pics of AdventureCon on his site in Gallery 2.

http://www.anthonydaniels.com/galleries/gallery2

There's even one of me!
    [image=http://www.anthonydaniels.com/galleries/gallery2/images/knoxville/dorkside.jpg]

Thanks to Bamatrooper/TK-152 for the heads up!

If you haven't checked out the pics the HauntedWeb R&D team and I took they're here. There are a few AdventureCon albums, plus you can see some of Stabbo's adventures in Memphis and at HAuNTcon in NC.
    Oh, speaking of Stabbo and HauntedWeb.com, Stabbo says, "Kill ya later!"

19. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Any word yet on AdventureCon4? Didn't see much new on their website. Going to try and get a few more folks from Memphis to make the trek with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.