main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Advertising

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Crazed_Ewok, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    Hey all! Here's your evil little Ewok friend, with something to say! As you know, we should try to expand our FanForce, as we only have 4 active members. Now, there are alot more people fanatical over SW in this area, so, maybe we should try to attract those people. Some ideas I already have are laying flyers in the SW isle of your local store (K-mart, wal-mart, those kind of things) about our FanForce and where you can find it. Maybe if you have a friend in school who likes Star Wars, tell him to come and join us. Any ideas you might have to bring people in. So, start throwing some around, since the more ideas we have the more we can expand!

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Good idea, Crazed. I asked a few people at school who are big fans and they said they would come on over...but so far, they haven't.

And I like the flyer idea as well. I might be able to whip something up in photoshop. What do you think?

3. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    hmm...doesn't matter...anyone can print them out...though, something in photoshop WOULD look nice :D it can be as simple as just plain text...hmm...too bad about your friends at school :(

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    So...yes or no to a photoshop flyer?

5. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    sure...what the heck...send it to me too ;)

6. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Better yet...I'll post it here when it's done...

I have a good idea in mind too...how does have the pagoda in it sound?

7. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    oooo....that would be cool! the pagoda with a falcon in the backround :p it might be nice to have something on the ground too ;)
    Hmm...send it to me seperatly too...sometimes I have trouble seeing pictures on the web

8. jedimasterbryan

jedimasterbryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    remember we need to get the store's permission before we can post fliers in their toy aisle. :)

9. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Oh...yes, yes, of course....*withdraws flyers from K-Mart* :p j/k

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I have it done and I showed it to Crazed and Wesmin...and I got a positive response from both. I'll put it up in here in a little bit. :)

As for putting the flyers in stores...I don't think we have to tell them if we just lay them among the racks of figures like we left it there by accident. :p

11. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    yes maybe, but don't put your name on it or anything, or they might try and track you down.

12. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Umm...right :p I don't think they'd care if you just left a few flyers there ;)

13. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    From what I've seen so far they look cool.

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I have a little surprise for everyone. Yea, I know I promised to post this a while back, but I was kicked off the internet and I didn't get a chance. So, here you go...the Fan Force flyer and potential t-shirt design! I hope you like it! :)

Reading Flyer

15. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Hehe...I saw that awhile back ;)

16. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    whats with the pagoda? Does it represent something or is it just there?

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, the Pagoda is one of Reading's well-known landmarks and we are the Reading Fanforce...so, I thought having the Pagoda present in the flyer would be the best thing to represent our city.

I was also thinking about a train...but I don't think that would have worked as well. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.