main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist AG88's SW images***UPDATED 30 March 2013

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by academygrad88, May 12, 2005.

1. Havoc_Wing

Havoc_Wing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2006
    Oh god, that is NASTY.

I don't mean the painting, I really like the style, I mean the actual scene. Poor Mara would have had her heart broken if she were witness to this [face_worried]

:_|

--HW

2. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I know. I can't believe it happened. What a sad state of affairs.

Thanks for taking a look and taking the time to comment.

AG88

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    The "Inferno Spoiler" is heartbreaking!! :_| Poor, poor Ben! Of all the horrible things Caedus might have had in mind for Ben, this was the last thing I expected... After what he himself endured in the Embrace, I couldn't begin to imagine Caedus would inflict it upon his young cousin (who we're led to believe he cares about in some fashion...yeah, right...). **shaking head** The pain in Ben's face here is so pronounced--so real...great job with that--and that black b/g is perfect for keeping the focus where you want it here: on the looming figure in the foreground, and on poor Ben... Wow...great job (even if this was the part of the book I hated most!)!

FF

4. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks FalconFan. When we were discussing your WIP it got me thinking about this scene. If you recall one of my first non-photomanips was the drawing of Jacen in the embrace of pain. I thought it would be fitting to draw the second version of this.

I wasn't quite sure exactly what the chair looked like. It sounded organic, so I just winged it.
    I am glad you think it is technically good. Sorry that is is so disturbing. I guess it fits my mood lately. [face_worried] Either I am drawing depressing stuff or parodies. Talk about mood swings. :p

AG88

5. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Once again I am in one of those moods.

[image=http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8708/lostlove3ez2.jpg]

This was done with Corel Painter.

AG88

6. LittleZion

LittleZion Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2006
    Your work is very impressive !
    I'm a big fan of lotf so I like the scenes you choose !
    And your Sith [face_worried] I have a weird feeling when I see him [face_skull] loool ^_^

7. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks LittleZion. I love the writing in LOTF, but I really wish my favorite EU character did not have to die. It is a major disappointment to me. Well, at least there is fanfiction. [face_tired]

Last year I did a Poser rendering of Luke and Mara's first kiss on Nirauan. Well, technically it was their first kiss. Mara was in a healing trance at the time so she couldn't enjoy it. :p

Anyway I thought I would remake it:
    [image=http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/5432/astolenkissonnirauan4as8.jpg]

Here is a comparison of my Poser Rendering and my painting, which I made by basically painting over the rendering: Before and After

What do you think?

This may be the last drawing for a while. My soldier is returning home this weekend... this time for good. Retirement finally has arrived. [face_mischief]

AG88

8. LittleZion

LittleZion Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2006
    OMG :eek: !!
    It's wonderful !!!!! No doubt about the second version (painting) !!!!!!!!!!!
    It's so beautiful. Maraaaaaaaa :_|
    "je suis sur le cul !" (I don't know the translation in english lol it's like... "I am on the ground" somedoby help me lol my "english cool expression" is bad lol) :oops:

Well, congratulations ! =D=

And good time with your soldier ! (I know army too, my husband is in the french national navy ^_^)

9. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    This is a beautiful peace, very romantic. I love the detail in the hair and in Luke's arms. Great addition.

10. -DARKSITHLORD-

-DARKSITHLORD- Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2007
    so many pictures you created!!!
    the Star Wars Halloween pic is really a wonderful poster!!

11. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Yes, I know... she should have never died. She was the best EU character in my humble opinion. I am glad you like this pic!

Thank you! Yes, Poser makes the arms to scrawny. I wanted a buff looking Luke.
    Thank you. The Halloween pic took the longest to make. I drew the various Sith individually and then put them together for the Halloween poster. My boys liked it.

Thanks everybody for taking the time to look and comment.

I did another painting this week. It is of Cade Skywalker and his 'friend' Deliah Blue.

[image=http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/2425/delilhablueandcade3uw9.jpg]

AG88

12. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    <Cadeliah shipper>

[face_mischief] [face_love] :*

Hells yeah! I mean - ahem - great pic!! :D Love her abs. ;)

</>

13. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks Trace. I actually like Deliah better than Cade. She seems like the ultimate loyal friend! Cade is lucky to have her.

AG88

14. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Caught up on all things yummy, AG88. =D= As always wonderful work. Congratulations on your soldier's return. Happy that he is safe and sound with you! Many thanks to you both!

[:D]

15. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    So nice to see you doing some images that's not related to the terrible LotF series. How I love Deliah blue! I've been meaning to do (an image of) her one of these days, but haven't gotten around to it. The only thing is, I don't think Cade would be caught dead with his arm around her in such a seemginly public situation, lol! Legacy issues can't come out fast enough!

16. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks guys for your responses. I am sorry that I have not responded lately. October was a horrible month for me. I don't want to go into details but a person known to my family started harrassing me, first on DeviantArt, then TFN, then found out my home address, then email address then phone number. I got to the point where I was ready to get a restraining order. The restraining order threat ended the contact, but I still am on edge waiting for the next harrassing PM or email. Since I knew I was being watched by this crazy I have been offline for a long time.

But screw it, I did nothing wrong and if some crazy decides to make my life miserable, I can't help it and I can't live in a cave waiting for the next attack.

Anyway, I have been working on a unique Star Wars creation. It is a work in progress. I have some finishing touches to do, but I give you my Master Bathroom:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2446/mybathtubfp4.jpg

AG88

17. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    Whoah! That mosaic is so cool:cool: I love it!

18. SUGARBANTJINN

SUGARBANTJINN Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2007
    those mosaics are AWESOME!!!

19. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm so sorry to hear that :( [:D]

But amazing bathroom!! I can't even tell you how cool that it :D

20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh wow, that's really neat and very original! I call something like that dedicated. ;)

And I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope everything gets sorted out for you! [:D]

21. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    WB! Just send a wookiee after the scumbag.

And hey, great work on the bathtub! Will you come do mine? =D

22. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thank you! I am really happy with how it turned out.
    Thank you! I appreciate you looking and taking the time to comment.
    Thanks! My husband jokingly wondered how it would affect the resale value of the home. :p I am hoping this is the last house we will live in. After 25 years of military service and over 12 moves in that time... I am tired of moving. This is our retirement home.
    Thanks HS29. Yeah, things have been quiet for almost two months. This is that little problem I had you look into for me about 6 months ago. The person was persistant in harrassing me. Hopefully they are gone.
    Hey, I am willing to do commissions. I just glue the mosaic onto nylon mesh and you just mortar it to a wall or floor in place of a regular tile.

Thanks everybody for your feedback!

AG88

23. asfnone

asfnone Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2007
    I Found Your Fan Art Googling Jacen
    And Your Painting Of Mara Coming Back As A Force Ghost To Get Jacen Came Up

I Think It Would Be Exactly What Mara Would Do

Your Star Wars Mosaic Is Really Cool!!!

24. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks for your kind words.

I decided to do some more mosaics. This one is a Mandalorian version:

http://ag88.deviantart.com/art/Mandalorian-mosaic-tile-trivet-81492634

AG88

25. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Here is a Rebel mosaic: http://ag88.deviantart.com/art/Star-Wars-Rebel-Logo-Mosaic-81493810

If anybody is interested in buying them there is a link in the description that will send you to ebay. They would make a great gift to your favorite SW fan.

AG88