main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Any similarity to real life buildings/settings is purely intentional. :p

2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    So I'm also trying to wrap up all the loose ends on brotherhood(-SP) and some of them have reached maximum annoyance. I'm stuck at 89% total-sync and I'm ready to claw my eyes out. :p

Final thief missions are impossible, can't run when I'm getting shot all the time... No damage on the two Copernico missions = awful. No damage against the 13 lair-guards is insane and I can't find two Borgia flags hidden in separate lairs. Can't do the apple a day, or the apple of eden perfect syncs... no matter what I try. The final cluster's quarantine puzzle is driving me batty and my last two thorns are the 8 minute run throughs that take me 10 minutes, each time.

Now that my rant is over, I love the Revelations trailer.
    I have it burned directly to my PS3 and play it on loop... alot.
    The action is better than the latest TOR trailer with Bastilla 2.0 vs Vader 2.0.

3. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I've only just finished BroHood. I sort of spoiled myself on one thing that happens during the ending, but I didn't know it was literally the last scene, so a Creed ending caught me by surprise again (the short dialogue during the credits doesn't count).
    Gameplay-wise... well, I played hours on end, even doing a lot of the little things, which I normally don't. Not the flags, though. I don't think they'll ever make me collect flags in an AC game :p. These games are just so much fun. The long trek from A to B is a game unto itself. Runny, climby, murdery. The recruitable assassins were an extremely nice touch, especially during idle travel. That dude is in my way, someone kill him pl0x. Oh look, someone does. Yay.

Can't wait for Revelations. The first AssCreed I got for free with my graphics card, so I wasn't that annoyed with all its flaws; AC2 I got cheap on Steam and BH now cheap-ish from amazon. Rev. will be the first one I buy at launch full-price. For one, because I enjoy then so damn much; but also because anything with Istanbul in it deserves money. It breaks my heart that it's been 16 years since I've been there.

4. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    If I was better, my rant would have been moot...

I've traveled over 513,000 miles according my gamesave file.
    Brotherhood has offered the best replay value and I have never once went online for MP.
    To bad I can't solve it all.
    ;)

5. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Stupid mobile.

6. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I've never bothered much with 100% synch on all mssions isnce it can be too time consuming or otherwise too frustrating. Since there wasn't an achievement for that, that pretty much clinched it for me. If things change for Revelations, well...

As for the flags and Subject 16 glyphs, YouTube and IGN are your friends there. Getting all the flags is not impossible, just time consuming. The hardest flags to get, IMO, would be a couple hidden in the Romulus lairs at the Colosseum and the Vatican. What makes them difficult to get is that you're racing against the clock in those missions and your window to succesfull nab them is limited. As for the glyphs and puzzles, I admit I cheated my way through most of 'em because theyre otherwise unsolvable.

Definitely agree with you though: Brotherhood's replay value is quite solid, especially if you enjoy its multiplayer mode. Sadly, I suck at it; it seem's I'm better at shooting aliens than doing stealthy assasinations.

7. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    On Bro's glyph puzzles I absolutely hated the phone record ones. Aligning the circle pictures is great, because it's visual and logic. The sound wave thing is either trial&error or math, both of which I despise. Still, I "only" looked up the last one.

Still, I'd much rather collect pointless stuff than find my way around Rome's ******* annoying cliffs.

8. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Got the last of the Lair-flags, finally...
    Without help, I never would have found them, seriously.

Figured out where I was screwing up with the chase/kill the cardinal sync. When he rolled up the ladder, I kept blowing past and headed back out the window to my death. Silly, I just needed to follow him upwards. Beat that with a minute and a half of the eight to spare. Delivered the chest under three, don't know why I ever took that long to go back and finish it. Still can't get the Il Lupo with no damage or, the 8 min run through. No matter what I try... And why can't I find/use my parachutes? I can buy them, but they don't show up on my wheel.

Has anyone HERE beat the tanks with no damage?
    I can't.

All in all, I had fun re-familiarizing myself with the game-mechanics.
    Looking forward to closing-out Ezio's story.

9. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I beat the tanks with no damage (entirely unintentionally, in fact). It's mostly a matter of always moving sideways and avoid bumping into anything that might slow you down.

10. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    You deploy the parachutes by simply jumping/falling from a great (or maybe not so great) height and quickly hitting X (or the appropiate face button on the PS3 controller). That also stumped me for awhile until I tried to get the Fly Like an Eagle cheevo. Taking that dive off the Castello was simply lolawesome.

11. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    THAT.did.not.end.well.

And it's the last time I jump off a building just cuz someone told me to.
    :p

12. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Oops...forgot to mention that you have to purchase them from tailors first, didn't I?

13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    No worries, I respawned shortly thereafter....
    ;)

So I'm down to the final 2 trophies for the single player:
    2012 artifact -is it true that I must start a new game?
    The aforementioned parachute jump. - I now know that key.

I have sync'd it up to just under 92% and am ready to search the youtube archives at this point. I also dont like that there are MP trophy requirements, as I never game online... but what can u do?

14. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    2012 artifact? That cheevo is for discovering any of the five artifacts hidden in and around the Villa Auditore and Monteriggioni in 2012. Simply take a break from the Animus and have Desmond explore the Villa and the villa. First one is pretty easy; just climb up to the villa's roof and you should find one on a broken section of the roof. IIRC there's also a trophy/achievement for opening your email in 2012. You simply take a break from the Aniums and have Desmond check his email on a nearby terminal.

15. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Seems I can't leave the animus after completing the game...
    Already have the email cheevo, must've done that one early on, last year.

I did read in someone's walkthrough article that there are five artifacts?
    I wonder how much of a new replay I would have to endure to get them.

And for as much as I hated the animus-virtual-training last year, I love it now.
    Which is surprising in and of itself because I absolutely loathe the Thief races.
    Well, the two I can't complete, I mean.
    :p

As for Revelations, I am seriously stoked for the Vlad mission.
    Can't wait to see their take on his-story.

16. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Gameplay video was posted on the network, today.
    ENJOY.

No need to ssspoil anything, the action speaks for itself.

17. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
  18. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Wow...it's 2009 all over again, as Gotham City's Dark Knight and Il Asesino Veneziano compete for my attention. I hope I'm done with Arkham City before Ezio, Desmond and Altair come knocking in November.

19. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Just beat Brotherhood yesterday.

Whoa. What...

20. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Wow! Finally! ROFL!

Yeah, that ending is just pure WT*.

21. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    I know :_|

22. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
  23. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Awesome. This game looks like it promises non-stop cool from beginning to end. However, am I the only one to notice that - just like old man Ezio - the current AC graphics engine is starting to look a little rough around the edges? I sincerely hope a serious graphics overhaul is in order for AC3.

24. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Well I have heard they plan on pumping out AC3 next year. So I doubt it. Unless of course they have been working on it since before brotherhood.

25. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I actually thought the graphics needed an upgrade during Brotherhood. The character models are so ugly sometimes.