main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Anakin's Episode III Costume/Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DanakinSkywalker, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siLv_Rieekan

siLv_Rieekan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    You know what i have to say Justin, GIVE THEM TO MEEEEE !!!!!

Okay but they are really really nice, congratz to them

2. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    nice boots...

3. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Great boots, Justin!!!

4. -Tank-

-Tank- Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    Ok i have made a costume that was made to resemble anakin from episode 2 but due to me liking episode 3 anakins costume better im converting it over to the new anakin suit but i have a few questions you people may be able to answer.

One thing is that i need a new outer tunic because i have out grown my old one and the bottom does not reach my mid thigh anymore. What i would like to know is what matereal is good for an anakin outer tunic that would be good but not too expensive. I also am wondering where do you people get your pants from? I had made my own pair but i diddnt make them very well and i would like a new pair so that my costume looks proper. The last thing is for all of you with the lightsabers, how did you make them? did you but the MR ones or take apart their FX ones? or did you find a graflex 3 cell by a miracles chance? please let me know cause im open for ideas.

If anyone could help me with some info i would greatly appreciate it, thanks

5. Anakin---Skywalker

Anakin---Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2005
    Anyone who can help me please!!! I've been looking for a Replica Anakin costume (Not one that I have to make but that I can buy). I am willing to pay up to $200 for it. I want to have it for this Halloween. My emails are: jorgeireyes@hotmail.com
    jorgeireyes@yahoo.com I need it to be a Replica of Anakin's costume with the cloak.

6. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Your not allowed to ask upfront to buy things from people.

7. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

For a cheaper material, use crinkle cotton... Its what many of us use/used. It was thought to be accurate until we got to see the tunic in person at C3. For my saber, I used an FX. I also had a 3-cell Parks non-bladed replica hilt as a back-up. Those run for around $100. And the real ones arn't all that rare either.

Also to the other guy, for $200 you're not going to get much. I suggest getting the Rubies costume, finding a cheaper cloak maker online (Ebay has some), and buy some brown vynal boots. You can then use a Hasbro lightsaber. That will probably fill up your budget.

8. weemansith

weemansith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    For my pants I went to one of those uniform stores and found a nice dark brown pair of scrub bottoms. The color is pretty close, maybe just a wee dye and it should be perfect. Also, it's been mentioned a few times in here that the Dickies work pants are great too.
    On a different note, does anyone have more info on the pouches? I think primrodo said he knew a guy, or something along those lines, that was gonna make some? I dunno. If anyone has a pattern or something, that may be useful as well. Later.

9. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Walruslord - great meeting you on Saturday! Your costume is awesome in person - especially the boots! Fun seeing the 'wig-water-dunk method' in action too. :D

Justin, your boots look fantastic - great job!

10. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I used Dickies... Worked great, and cheap too.

11. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Thanks Sola :)

I will be selling my costume if anyone is interested, just the tunic parts though....PM me if interested though.

New fabric is almost here :)

12. Walruslord

Walruslord Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    It was great to meet you too Sola, and sorry I couldn't make the Red Robin event. My wife had a good chuckle at the captioning for my picture on your site, hehehe.

I'm glad you liked my costume, given all that I have seen you make on this board and now in person, that's quite the compliment. See you next year, if not sooner than that I hope :)

Funny story about the boots, during the parade when I went over to a young boy with his mom to sat hi, she asked me to open my robe so she could see my boots. She then said "Wow those are the coolest boots I've ever seen." Rotton Wan Kenobi came over about then and she did the same thing for him, but said "Oh I don't like those boots nearly as much." So Rotton kind of looked at he and said "You know, it's not like I had a choice, these are the boots the characters had in the movie." Then she laughed and said, well, your hair looks more like the one from the movie than Anakin, so I guess you have that!"

We all just laughed at that point.

Anyway, my costume is only going to get even better thanks to primrodo!

13. Walruslord

Apr 27, 2005
    Also, primrodo, if you see someone sneaking in and taking your boots out of the closet, I'm only taking them to uh, clean them for you, yeah, that's it....

Just for kicks ( and to keep primrodo from tearing his hair out again :D ), because I still see people calling Anakin's glove, tunic, and even tabbards black, go through this whole gallery and look at how many different colors my stupid costume takes on depending on lighting, camera useage, and background. It's insane.

Remember, my tabbards are very, very brown, as is my robe and less so my tunic. My pants are almost a light brown. My glove is a reddish brown.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=z110r1q.1g0xpkre&Uy=83j0e4&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=396493419016_221134402106

14. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    LOL! My preciousssss boots :p

The thing I love about brown as a sectrum shade is that it changes drastically...even mine does ;)

[image=http://petridish.net/pics/21520/md-DSC00841.JPG]

[image=http://petridish.net/pics/21520/md-TSO3.jpg]

15. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    Update on the pouches.

THey will be ready in a few weeks as far as i know. He is allmost ready with them.
    So for everyone that is waiting for them, just a little more time.

For everyone that still does not know if he should ask for them or not, you can ask Primrodo Saber_holder or even myself, we are lucky enough to see the first set he ever did and they looked so awesome.

Allmost there guys :)

16. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Yeah, definatly top quality stuff! Like Silv said, we saw them in person in Indy.

17. Walruslord

Apr 27, 2005
    Like I said over on rebellegion, I'm in like flynn for them the first second I can.

18. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Most are :) Once Todd gets me a picture it will be good!

19. Sister_Sola

Nov 19, 2002
    LOL - for anyone wondering, it says under the pic: "Walruslord as Anakin - very popular with the teenage girls in the crowd"

Awww, dude, thanks for that!

20. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Its too bad you guys are at teh wrong end of the continent, would love to meet up :)

Also where this picture? :p

21. Sister_Sola

Nov 19, 2002
    The wrong end, heh! At least it doon't snow here!

My pics from the parade here.

22. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Cool pictures :) I couldn;t find them earlier....bad navigating skills :p

Costume looks good WalrusLord! When I send you your fabic I will get you some finer details as well.

23. Walruslord

Apr 27, 2005
    This is the photo I used to pick color choices, as I thought it was the truest of the promo shots in that respect.

I actually did a better job than I thought, once I redid my tunic and tabbards.

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~walruslord/rpf/promo4.jpg]

I'll be interested in anything you can get me on top of just the fabric primrodo :D you've been a great help.

24. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    Nice done walruslord, looks really nice.
    You do a nice job as Anakin :)

I tried to start a new thing at my last con a few weeks ago. I talked it down with Todd and Justin and both found it to be a nice idea :p so here it comes.

I made a few snippets like Anakin in ep1. And will always take one to every con I will be, and give to the most complete padme around. Not the best looking face wise but costume and face have to fit and if it?s great she will get the snippet. The first time this worked so great the girl almost started to cry, that?s how happy she was :). This will be something very special cause only one at every con or event. I hope I can make a few girls happy with this. I just think that a good Padme needs the snippet as well.

And NO I don?t sell the snippets I just think that selling those things is not nice... this way it would be nothing special anymore

25. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Silv, you sly fox... :p

Cool idea :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.