main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Draft 3rd Impact: All of You, Draft Like You Want to Win! -- Winner: Shurron

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by BartSimpson-SithLord, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Harder to hurt? She stopped Rowen's mountain splitting arrow attack with her finger! Before she had better armor and weapons!

And let us pretend that he is faster. She still has teleportation, and that nifty little ability to be invisible and/or a disembodied voice. I'd love to know how he has the advantage over someone with area attacks (multiple, different area attacks), the ability to turn the ground he's standing on into a trap, as well as more mid-long range options.

I'm just really scratching my head on this one. Someone who is not as powerful, easier to actually harm despite having regeneration (she has shields on top of her own tremendous durability), and is, in some people's opinions, only faster than she is.

I mean, she's carrying one of the most powerful holy weapons ever. I'm not sure how that does not push her well over the edge.

2. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    What're u saying? Watch more film? Bleh, fine.

3. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    No. I'm saying take my word for it. Do it.

4. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    What exactly has the staff done? I haven't seen anything that would be a huge trumping factor vs. Aion, then again I haven't seen much in terms of using it for actual battle.

And all these mid-long range attacks... I just don't see that being much of a factor in this battle, like I said.

5. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    The staff has done shields, blasts that level an entire city block, allow flight, dispelling evil magics, etc. I dunno, I'd have to go back and review about the staff particularly myself, as I haven't exactly refreshed myself on it since I made the posts, and even then I think I went pretty light on the staff stuff.

Anyway, how do mid-long range attacks not help with someone who can travel incredible distances in an instant? Aion may have shown the ability to teleport, but Kayura has that stuff mastered -- including teleporting other people -- and can do things like be invisible. Her teleportation/travel skills absolutely trump his.

6. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
  7. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Yeah. It's all very boring.

So far, I've seen Aion make a bunch of humans lose track of his movement, and dodge a few bullets. Oh, he's done the little speed flash thing, sure. Meanwhile, Kayura has, nonchalantly, dodged Ryo, someone who is fast enough to not only dodge someone else who is fast enough to move so that it looks like he has multiple limbs and who attacks with only two swords but appears to be attacking with several, but also to beat that person, while also fighting Rowen (someone who can re-notch his bow so fast that he appears to have a fully automatic weapon), and she did it with her eyes close, and has also flashed out and into frame, and dodged Rowen's arrows, etc.

And, wow, he regenerated from a bullet to the head. That's pretty cool, but he did not stop an attack that can level a mountain (or anything even remotely close to that power level) with one hand, while laughing about how pathetic Rowen is.

But I guess you missed all of that, considering you, at one point, thought the show was over at the half way point. I don't know. I guess I'm supposed to be impressed by a couple of music videos.

Chrono Crusade's power level doesn't come close to Ronin Warrior's. Maybe he's as fast, maybe he's faster. If he is, if you want to believe that, it's not by much, and it certainly does not begin to close the gap between the two in terms of power, skill, experience, or versatility. He has nice regen, but he was killed by Chrono, and Kayura easily has that kind of power. Easily.

8. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I just don't see mid-range attacks hitting Aion, that's why I don't think they matter. Unless it's some huge beam but even then he can move incredibly fast, teleport and fly. Furthermore... Whenever I see Kayura inside a building, like this fortress, she seems to go H2H. At least from what I've been looking at. And I don't know when it became that the battles started 200 yards apart... What's all this traveling business? Is it a race? Even if it is, Aion can travel pretty darn fast. From nowhere in the area to stealing Chrono's gun before he even knows Aion is there. In a wide field, no less. So, mid-range attacks aren't really impressing me.

And the reason I don't see forcefields mattering too much is because, again, it's going to be a close-range battle. I haven't seen anything showing her having a forcefield up in a melee. I guess I'll look at some more film, but not tonight.

9. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Okay, I'll assume that the blocking of the arrow is to be taken as is, without any gimmicks, and that it really can level a mountain. I still think it goes to melee, and... Well, I just think there's a reason she actually dodges their melee attacks and doesn't just take them, since her durability is so great. Logic says they're a threat to her, and I think Aion's horns would be just as threatening especially since they have real weird powers.

And wow, she just got the staff like the ep before the final fight? She did nothing with it.

Yeah, if I thought she was likely to run him through with the staff, maybe I'd give it to her. And don't act like Aion was just taking a bullet. It was specially designed to kill demons. And that's not the only thing he's taken or the most powerful. Rosette herself is an anti-demon weapon but he was fine kissing her, fine with her blood, and Chrono was, well, not, from what I've read.

I can't deny Kayura's speed and skill though, except when she was fighting Talpa, that was not speed or skill. But I'll chalk that up to the "you're-not-the-main-char-and-you're-facing-the-main-villain factor.

So, Kayura with the staff vs. Aion with the horn, or perhaps 2 horns, is what it comes down to for me. And I think Aion can take more because he's taken supernatural good-guy weaponry before. He can probably turn Kayura to stone by pricking her with his horn, if he's powerful enough to do that. Maybe the staff can stop it, iono. It's a slow process.

This is a very hard decision, one I'd really rather not make to be honest. I'll give it another day but I'm still leaning slightly toward Aion at this point. I'd really rather see what TLI and Bassil have to say about it.

10. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Yeah, not confident at all but for what it's worth, sticking with Aion

11. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    You're dead to me.

The Chim was already dead to me, so that's the same.

12. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Aion (Chrono Crusade) vs. Lady Kayura (Ronin Warriors)

For one, the mountain-leveling arrow is true: I've seen the clip for that. Aion is good, certainly, and quite fast. Of course, so is Kayura, and there's a rather lot more evidence available for her to draw from than there is for Aion, which makes judging this a bit tricky. Based on what I've seen of both, however, and on the kind of power that gets thrown around in RW matches, I think I'm going to have to give this to Kayura. She just has too many ways of being able to counter the rather limited array of what Aion has to use, for me.

13. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Yeah Bassil I dun care what u do with my vote.

14. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
  15. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Even if Aion pushes this to melee, Kayura is too durable and has too many shields for Aion to get through without forcing him back to mid range eventually. It may even become a bit of endurance. Eventually, she'll get through with something and he'll have to regenerate. Which, while fast, still will leave him open just that little bit for something more powerful. Defense/Offense vs. Speed/Offense. I've seen this kind of match before, and I usually see the Defense/Offense win in the end. So, Kayura

PLAYOFFS! CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS!

NHK Conference

"We Kill Everything We See" (3) vs. Murdertrain a Comin' (3)

Cartoon Network Conference

AH-HA-HA! AH-HA-HA! AH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA! (3) vs. Special Duty Combat Unit Shinesman (3)

EIGHT.

[hl=green][color=yellow]NHK Conference[/color][/hl]

[color=black]Ban Mido (Getbackers)[/color] vs. [color=blue]Ulquiorra Schiffer (Bleach)[/color]

[hl=blue][color=red]Cartoon Network Conference[/color][/hl]

[color=orange]Black Ghost (Cyborg 009)(FORFEIT)[/color] vs. [color=darkblue]Happosai (Ranma 1/2)[/color][/b]

The Emo Arrancar, correct?

16. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    That would be my initial reaction, but I haven't looked at Ban in awhile so I can't say for sure.

17. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I agree with that. Bleach. Yes.

18. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    BLEACH????

Yeah, haven't done that in awhile.

19. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
  20. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    PLAYOFFS! CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS!

NHK Conference

"We Kill Everything We See" (3) vs. Murdertrain a Comin' (4)

Cartoon Network Conference

AH-HA-HA! AH-HA-HA! AH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA! (3) vs. Special Duty Combat Unit Shinesman (4)

Before eight, comes SE7EN.

[hl=green][color=yellow]NHK Conference[/color][/hl]

[color=black]Buttercup (Powerpuff Girls)[/color] vs. [color=blue]Itachi Uchiha (Naruto)[/color]

[hl=blue][color=red]Cartoon Network Conference[/color][/hl]

[color=orange]Mukuro (Yu Yu Hakusho)(FORFEIT)[/color] vs. [color=darkblue]Ryo Sanada (Ronin Warriors)[/color][/b]

21. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Hm... Hm...

This might be where it pays to have Buttercup rather than one of the other two.

22. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    ... *sigh* Yep, looks like I came back just in time here. Of course, it's not like I needed to see that post to know that I'd be fighting an uphill battle against Yak here. Actually, uphill? **** that. I might just be climbing K2.

So yeah, I just got back and I'm not dealing with anything in-depth here tonight, but lemme guess. Because it's Buttercup, she's going to speedblitz him the picosecond the match begins (even though she has no prep and she, you know, never does that)? And, of course, the level of speedblitz she comes at him with will not be the attacking speed that she and the other girls use some roughly 98% of the time (You know, at speeds that Itachi is perfectly capable of dodging... at least for a little while. I wouldn't say indefinitely.), but at those ungodly speeds that usually only happen once in a blue moon for plot purposes (the time travel episode comes to mind)?

Am I pretty close?

23. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    No. Not even a little bit.

24. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Um... I think there's a wide gap between the specialized eps and the speeds he's capable of dodging, but maybe that's just me. I'm definitely thinking she'd attack faster than the other 2 girls, but I'm not thinking Doomsday speedblitz here. I just think she'd attack before Itachi, hit him, and probably kill him.

I also think his arsenal of attacks hurts him here rather than helping because, even let's say he gets first attack, tsukiyomi is the only thing I could see having the potential to beat her (amaterasu may possibly hurt, but it'd probably incite her to end him very quickly), and he doesn't have prep or anything to know to go straight for that. If he did get 1st attack, which again I doubt he does anyway.

Climb, Durron, climb! Home is just over those rocks.

25. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Next draft, Buttercup and friends definitely have to go. Along with another hundred or so name I'm working on, but that's another story.

That having been said, until that glorious day arrives, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, for reasons stated for this match above and in all previous matches in which she participated, and having to rely on secondhand impressions and likely misleading video evidence, I must cast my vote in favor of Buttercup. Bleh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.