main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Draft 3rd Impact: All of You, Draft Like You Want to Win! -- Winner: Shurron

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by BartSimpson-SithLord, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    It's amazing how every time I get on these boards I feel more and more sane.

Especially since EF sent ME his numbers.

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I don't know what happened there.

3. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    FINALS!

Murdertrain a Comin' vs. Special Duty Combat Unit Shinesman

Let's begin the Final with FIVE!

[color=blue]Kagato (Tenchi)(PREPARED)[/color] vs. [color=darkblue]Ryo Sanada (Ronin Warriors)[/color][/b]

4. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Ryo is definitely faster, but I'm strongly leaning toward Kagato with his variety and intelligence, and also power. Any whining complaints disguised as sensible objections?

5. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Yeah. He's absolutely not more powerful than Ryo. I'm ain't doin' this again!

6. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    You am ain't doing it again? Well then we will won't judge in favor of you.

7. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Great eye there, Chim. You really got me there. Good job.

8. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Yeeeeah, Ryo is more powerful than Kagato. That said...

9. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I don't... Really think... I said Kagato was more powerful...

Basically, what Durron said. Kagato

10. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I like Ryo, here. In terms of speed and likely offensive power, too, I think he comes out ahead. The fact that Kagato is prepared, however, makes things extremely difficult for him. The fight probably drags on for some time, since Kagato is hardly the fastest attacker, but I have trouble seeing Ryo getting past Kagato's defenses, especially since he has no idea what he's up against. Fun fight, and I'd be favorably inclined toward Ryo if both were unprepared, but based on available evidence I'm going to have to agree and vote Kagato.

11. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Why was I worried that in my unexpected leave this would have gone anywhere...

12. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    You're not bright?

13. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Sorry, had some DRL stuff hit hard. Should be able to keep plugging here from now on to the finish though.

FINALS!

Murdertrain a Comin' (1) vs. Special Duty Combat Unit Shinesman

EIGHT!

[color=blue]Ulquiorra Schiffer (Bleach)[/color] vs. [color=darkblue]Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)[/color][/b]

Emo vs. Optimism
    Resurrección Segunda Etapa vs. Gear 2nd and 3rd
    Reiatsu vs. Haki
    NO BACKGROUNDS vs. DETAILED BACKGROUNDS

14. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Here we go...

15. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    So, uh... yeah, I get that it's a big-time matchup, but hasn't just about everything that needs to be said on the subject of these two guys already been said?

Well, whatever, I suppose I can spare a few words.

In case you haven't seen it, here's Ulquiorra's entire final battle. Just follow the links in the description to the next part and so on.

Mostly I think it speaks for itself, but I guess I see two things that deserve special mention.

1. The instant that Ulquiorra realizes that Ichigo poses any kind of threat to him (after he starts to use his mask), he doesn't waste any time whatsoever in getting himself to the outside of Las Noches so that he could use his release. A lot of baddies would fall victim to what I like to call "villain stupidity" in situations like that. Their egos would take over, they'd stand there in disbelief, they'd futilely keep attacking the hero while somehow expecting the result to change... you know, any one of a dozen different idiotic reactions to suddenly being outclassed. Ulquiorra doesn't do that. He's powerful, he definitely knows it, but he's not stupid about it. He's capable of recognizing if he's in trouble and doesn't waste any time in kicking it up a notch himself.

2. He didn't go to his second release state out of any kind of necessity. In no way whatsoever did Ichigo pose any kind of danger to him after he'd gone to his initial release. He was already completely and totally outclassed, and Ulquiorra went to that second release to prove a point. Nothing more.

If anything, that really kind of made it difficult to know just how much more power that second release granted him. Because, you know, nothing really shifted in terms of how the fight was playing out. Ichigo was already getting curbstomped, but then he gets, I dunno... double... curbstomped?

(And yeah, that right there just makes the whole "Beserchigo" plot device all the more ridiculous. It goes from Ulquiorra >> Hollow mask Ichigo, to Ulquiorra >>? Hollow mask Ichigo. But then that nonsense conveniently happens and he makes a quantum leap to Ulquiorra << Beserchigo. Bull****. I swear, Orihime may just be the single worst plot device I've ever seen in any fictional work. As long as she's around, Ichigo never really has anything to fear. Even if someone or something did come along that could destroy Beserchigo, all she'd have to do is shriek "Don't die, Kurosaki-kun!!!" at the top of her lungs again and he'd, of course, have some all new level of power to go to. So no worries.

"Don't die, Kurosaki-kun!!!"

"I'm sorry, Grimmjow. I can't afford to take any more injuries... you see, I was just ****ing around this whole time. Now that I've heard that, you're just no big deal. Never were, really."

**** you, Bleach.)

Anyways, Luffy's pure badass, but what he isn't is as good as/better than Beserchigo. No way. The question is, is he really even all that much better than regular ol' Hollow mask Ichigo?

Does he have more variety in his attacks? Absolutely. Does he have that same exact never-say-die attitude that Ichigo has, only amped up at least one level further? Yep. Physically stronger? In gear 3rd, definitely, but that's about it. Faster? Eh... no, not really.

I'm just sayin'. Is he really so much better than Ichigo that he, not only could force Ulquiorra to go to his second release when Ichigo wasn't even remotely close to doing so, but then overcome that as well?

I... really kinda doubt it. As far as I've been able to find, that fight against Lucci was pretty much his best overall display. And awesome as it was, I don't see that as being good enough. But he could've gotten better since then, it's just that, well, I ain't seen it.[/Yak]

16. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, so long as we're using manga still, he's had better showings post Lucci, yes. Am I bothered enough to go grab manga scans? No(especially since, apparently, One Manga has been shut down).

It looks like I'm not going to be around to enjoy it even if I did win this thing, so I'm definitely not going to bother doing further work on Luffy, one of the characters I've done the most for already. I doubt arguments are what is holding this draft up anyway.

17. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Whoa, yeah, it has been shut down. Jeez, I was just reading some stuff on there, like... Saturday.

18. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Yeah... I'll get to this... Sometime...If there is a next time, manga has to go. Seriously.

19. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Physically stronger? In gear 3rd, definitely, but that's about it.

No, actually. His fight against Crocodile alone should be proof of this. Maybe Ichigo has displayed that kind of power output before, but it wasn't physical strength that did it. And let's not forget that, at the time, Luffy was fatigued, heavily injured, bleeding profusely enough to keep his limbs wet enough to actually hit Crocodile, and had poison running through his veins that should have easily killed him. After that is when he opens up a can on Crocodile, without using Gear 3rd. Or 2nd.

But, anyway.

20. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Ehhhhhhh, I would then have to point you to Ichigo's fight against Kenpachi. The fact that he was able to lock swords with Kenpachi and be able to hold his own at all tells us a lot about his early strength levels (in that they were definitely substantial). And that was reeeeeally early on in the series. That was pre-bankai and pre hollowfication, both of which amp up his physical strength significantly.

I think you may be underestimating Ichigo's physical strength. Nowadays they may not focus on specifically displaying it nearly as much as they did back in those earlier episodes, but it's still there, and it's at a really, really high level. Even just under normal circumstances, let alone when he uses his mask.

Relatively speaking, even this fight is a pretty impressive display of strength from Ichigo. And given the level he's at now, that's just nothing. If that Ichigo fought current-Ichigo, it's... it's... I don't even know a good word to describe how lopsided it would be. Not only in overall ability, but just purely in a battle of strength.

21. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Stop linking me to Bleach barrghhhh.

22. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    That's gonna be difficult...

I know who I think is gonna win. I think you all know how I am gonna vote.

23. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    For Luffy, the obvious curbstomp.

And if we all know how you're going to vote, why didn't you just do it?

24. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Because I LOVE getting your panties in a bunch.

25. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, I have to tell you, you do a horrible job of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.