main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animation Cartoon Mania!

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by Stridarious, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2003
    Trigun does get serious but in the later episodes. And the stuff on Adult Swim is still edited. They do, however, leave more stuff in than normal. Sadly even Cowboy Bebop is edited still.

2. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
  3. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I think that a great Clay Animation show that is no longer on is Mr. Bill I don't know why, but it brought me pleasure to see the little guy fry everyweek. 8-}

4. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    WALLACE AND GROMIT! That is one heck of a clay animation show! That was funny and great! [face_laugh]
    The dog and man! [face_laugh]
    The sheep one! [face_laugh]
    That was funny! [face_laugh]

5. Jedi_Blues

Jedi_Blues Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2003
    Seifer, Cowboy Bebop isn't edited on Adult Swim. o_O At least, I don't think. I have the series on DVD, unedited, and all the episodes are the same as on CN.

And, heh.. Wallace and Gromit rocks..

6. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    I know this may single me out for a egging later, but who are Wallace & Gromit? 8-}

7. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    'WALLACE & GROMIT' is about the best claymation you'll ever see. It's done by Nick Park (he did the film Chicken Run), and Wallace & Gromit was where he got his start (that and 'Creature Comforts'). Wallace is an absent-minded inventor, and the straight-man is played by Grommit, his dog. Wallace is committed to comfort and laziness by developing inventions to enhance their "modern lifestyle", but they usually turn out wrong. Wackiness ensues.

There are a total of three animated shorts featuring Wallace & Gromit, "A Grand Day Out", "The Wrong Trousers (the best in the series, IMO, and one involving Sheep whose name escapes me (it's forgettable). This is a cute, hilarious, and extremely well written series of cartoons. Grommit never says a word, but speaks volumes with simple eye movements. It's great, I urge anyone to seek these videos out and watch them. Now.

Oh, yeah. I'm new to the Mojave Desert FF Boards. I'm from OC and see that you have a much better animation discussion going on than on my home-boards. Hi.

8. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Great explanation there! :D
    And Alex that's sad that you don't know Wallace and Gromit! [face_laugh]
    But yeah Chicken Run was hilarious too! [face_laugh]

9. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    I am so sorry that I do not know those cartoons. Yet, upon further hearing the description, I think that it is on PBS and I may wish to view it sometime. If you all say it is good. :)

10. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Yeah it's good and funny. [face_laugh]

11. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Sounds that way. [face_laugh] Perhaps a nice little visit to their site may help me to understand their show better. :)

12. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2003
    One animated movie that I think was awesome was the Lord of the Rings videos. Some other good ones that i've seen are the Animatrix cartoons. You guys should check them out.

13. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Oh some cool Comp. Animation movis are that of Xiao Xiao He does som cool :cool: Stick fighter sequences. Much like that of the Matrix. You have to see them. Trust me you won't be disappointed.

14. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    I saw all 4 of the downloadable Animatrix movies.

Program.

A Detective Story.

And The Second Renaissance Part 1 and 2.

And let me say, it makes you look at the Matrix in a whole new light.

[image=http://www.intothematrix.com/rl_img/anime_gallery_sec_ren_2hl.jpg] [image=http://www.intothematrix.com/rl_img/anime_gallery_detective_3L.jpg]

15. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    And let me say, it makes you look at the Matrix in a whole new light.

[face_shocked] Your freaking me out man! [face_laugh]

16. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Wow! That looks awesome! I do want to see Animatrix just to see how it is. :D
    No but now I've heard there's a Kirby show and they have a new Teenage Mutant Ninja turtle show! lol How wacky is that?! [face_laugh]
    Cool too! :cool:
    Then on MTV on July 11th the premiered the new Spider-Man show! That is mad tight with computer animation! :D

17. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    You need to check this site out, it is a great one which one may view funny SW animated cartoons. They're short parodies, and shouldbn't take too long to upload :D .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.