main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Another view of nationalism(sensible view!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by Super_Ska_Master, Jul 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super_Ska_Master

Super_Ska_Master Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2002
    Alrighty kids..actually I'm still a new kid on the block(haha what a bad band) but i was reading some people of what they thought of all this extreme nationalism and I decided I'd post my feedback, I would've just replyed but it was locked.(dog gone it!)

Ok heres my view on this thing. Waving the flag, being proud, nothing wrong with that. But if there is hate towards others, yes thats wrong. For instance may people just think "bomb the afghans" but thats a terrible thing to do. most of them are suffering terribly. Yet you may say, they killed our civilians why cant we kill theres?! Well do we really want to be no better than they are. We classify them as monsters, do we want to become mosters ourselves? I mean the US gives us a ton of cool freedoms but there are some things wrong. The good ole US isnt perfect, we at one time were planning on negiociating(bad spelling! sorry no time for spell check!) With the Taliban to build an oil pipe line in Afghanistan. At that time the Taliban were just as bad, they killed women and children(worse than Anakin!) just like they do now. But we the USA didnt see them as monsters until the harbored Osama and Co.
    (luckly for us some Feminists protested the oil pipe line and Clinton was forced to cease it)

Now I also think that alot people here are being unfair to the Muslims and Arabs ect. in the USA. I'm your average White, Blue eyed, male 17 yr old guy (sounds handsome!)But I feel treating them lower than us, just cause some crazy people of their own raced commited the 9/11 thing, isnt right. Some people might say "Go back to yer own country!"

Well lets face it we are all immigrants(i do have good spelling and grammar, believe me haha) except for the native americans, who might I add were treated very unfairly!

So lay some opinions on me, and remember be civil to one and other, just cause we dont all agree doesnt mean we aren't all human beings!

why can't we all just get along!

2. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Why create a new topic when you could have posted this in the current thread?

Nationalism & More

3. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    exactly.

4. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    Why create a new topic when you could have posted this in the current thread?

Nationalism & More

Ahh, thats because it got closed down!!! BOOOOOO!!!! :mad:

I cant help myself, a Crusader will give his last drop of energy for the Crusade!!!

Who is with me in thinking that having one Earth Government would do alot to unify humanity and foster a feeling of true community amongst its citizens???

Also who on these boards are tired of paying taxes that are used to help people who are lost causes??? Life in Prison inmates for example!!!

5. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    stupid taxes.

6. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    Jedi Finney , What are your feelings on the concept of a "Unifed Earth Government"??

7. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    is it something where i can drive my car with tinted windows and have flowmaster mufflers without getting pulled over and hassald?

8. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    The Unified World Government that I envision is one that doesnt really care what individuals do to their vehicles as long as its safe to drive it!! You wouldnt have to worry about tinted windows and Flowmasters getting you in trouble!!

9. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    well apperently the tinted windows are unsafe... i dont know how? but i'm getting a note from my doctor saying i need them because my skin is sensitive to the light.

10. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    Police seem to be quite worried about tinted windows around the valley! How dark is your tint?

So to sum up your feelings about nationalism... You are saying that you dont really care who is running the show, as long as they dont mess with you car??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.