main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Anybody from Pittsburgh here?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by SnakeWesker, Mar 16, 2013.

1. SnakeWesker

SnakeWesker Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2006
    I am not too far from Pittsburgh. About forty-five minutes. Anyone else live near me?

2. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Where at in Pittsburgh? I'm in the North Hills.

3. SnakeWesker

SnakeWesker Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2006
    I live in Vandergrift, like thirty minutes east.

4. mjbrown

mjbrown Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2013
    Oakmont area here. Does Pgh have a jedi lightsaber dueling group?

5. SandmanE11

SandmanE11 Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2013
    Uniontown here

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

6. BIGMAC

BIGMAC Jedi Master star 1

Jan 15, 2004
    If any of you guys are collectors of vintage & modern SW collectibles,feel free and check this out!

JediCon WV is West Virginia’s original Star Wars show. And in 2014 we’ll be celebrating Episode XI – fanboy speak for our 11th convention.

We started this way back when as a way to have some fun and meet other Star Wars enthusiasts.

And we have.

But we also discovered it’s a great vehicle to raise money for our charity of choice: Children’s Miracle Network ( CMN ).ALL money made from ticket,food and silent auction sales go to CMN .

So, while this is a marketing ploy it’s we’re also gonna bring you some entertainment and introduce you to some phenomenal people we’ve met over the years. And we’re gonna invite you to participate.

JediCon WV – Episode XI – will be held at the Matthew Barker Memorial Complex in Paden City, WV, June 21, 2014. This is our first time at the venue but we needed a larger location.

Yeah, we’re excited about that.

And our panelists.

On tap we’ve got – in no particular order :

Brian Stillman, producer of Plastic Galaxy: The Story of Star Wars Toys. Stillman is making a documentary on the Kenner line of licensed likenesses we first gen fans grew up with. See what he’s been up to at www.plasticgalaxymovie.com/.

Bill McBride has agreed to be a part of our show. McBride is the curator of The Darth Vader Toy Museum. His Web site is www.sithtoys.com. Go check him out.

Bryan Prosek, author of Earth United, is another first timer with us. His book is available at Amazon.com.

Kim Simmons, billed as the Man Who Shot Luke Skywalker, returns with wife Pat. What the loosely veiled reference to the Jimmy Stewart western refers to is Simmons was the principle photographer for much of the Kennner Star Wars toy line. And just a great guy. He and Pat have been long-standing guests of JediCon WV and we appreciate their help.

Finally we’ve signed on Blind Wave Productions ( https://www.facebook.com/BlindWaveProduction ). These guys are two-time winners of the Lightsaber Choreography Competition and makers of fan films. For a sample of their work slip over to YouTube. They really are amazing.

That said we’ll also have our vendors with SW collectibles for sale including - modern,vintage and everything in between – video game booth, local 501st and more.

As time goes on I’ll be posting updates on the show.

For more info check us out at www.jediconwv.net and like us on FaceBook ( https://www.facebook.com/jedicon.wv.9 ) or if you have any questions please feel free to send me a PM and I'll answer as soon as I can.

Thanks for looking and hope to see you at this years show!

7. TheLightsider

TheLightsider Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2015
    South Hills here. Does anyone know where i can focus on my lightsaber skills?

8. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Any luck getting together? Keep talking here. People are encouraged to participate if they see activity.

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  9. DarthAhem

DarthAhem Jedi Master star 1

May 6, 2014
    North hills here.

10. Holiday Special

Holiday Special Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2015
    I'm in Bloomfield.

11. Xaznfalconx

Xaznfalconx Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2016
    I joined this website as soon as i saw this thread. I'm downtown for college and would be so in if we wanted to mess around with sabers

12. t-65bjedi

t-65bjedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2016
    I am - Cheswick. Anyone know what's around in terms of groups (saber academy, cosplay, social, any combo of these) in Pittsburgh? Thanks -

13. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Hey all, I'm in Mt Lebo (South Hills)... not much action lately but anyone around?

I am no help in this department, but like you am curious! [face_dunno]

14. RuralFarmboy

RuralFarmboy Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2015
    Saw someone said Vandergrift...that's where I am.

This thing still work ?

15. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Homestead area here.

16. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001

Considering my post directly before yours was almost a full year prior, barely. :p

17. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Yo! The NJ section is totally dead. Pittsburgh & Buffalo are the nearest live FF sections to me!

Guidman likes this.
  18. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    [​IMG]

Darth Basin and QueenSabe7 like this.
  19. bom_bad_boy

bom_bad_boy Jedi Master

Aug 30, 2001
    Pittsburgh - EAST SIDE here... (North Huntingdon / Monroeville / Greensburg.
    Into da toys, da sabres, da mini-busts, da models, da diz-nay, da *everything* SW.
    Going to C8 in a month. Also a member of PSWCS.
    -Bom Bad Dave
    (aka Bom Bad Dad, BigBadR2Daddy, Danger Dad, Clone Wolf, Crusty Ol' Fossil)
    (used to belong to SWAP -- any of them still around???)

20. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    Hi everyone, a little necro posting here, but a long long time ago there was a large group here in Pittsburgh, I know most of it broke up and was a SCIFIPittsburgh for a while not sure if its still around as a FB group or not.

If anyone sees this and wants to try resurrecting the group I say lets do it.

Guidman likes this.
  21. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    Hey there. Yeah, the Star Wars Association of Pittsburgh re-branded to the Sci-fi Alliance of Pittsburgh a while ago, we still have a Facebook group (I'm one of the two Mods)
    Been thinking we need to try and start some stuff back up.

Facebook group is https://www.facebook.com/SFAoP/

Guidman likes this.
  22. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    Would anyone be interested in having a 20th anniversary party for The Phantom Menace? I just recently found my Jar Jar cake topper...

Guidman likes this.
  23. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    May 19th is a sunday this year.

Guidman likes this.