main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anybody going to Megacon?

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Jayna, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    erm, how are we going to fight eachother in the bathroom? ;)

2. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Just a public service announcement from your friendly neighborhood Jedi, last day to buy tickets to MegaCon online for the reduced price of $15 is Sunday, Feb. 23 at midnight. :)

3. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Bummer. I missed out.

Oh well- I guess it looks like I'll be buying them there.

4. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Are you going to be able to go on Saturday Q99? If so, if we meet up with Karma while we're there, we could consider that our third meeting- and officially become a FanForce. I think it would be really cool to become official at a convention!

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I'm still waiting for word from the MegaCon people, but I've already told the ERFSEDS prez that I can't make it, so my Saturday is now free. If worse comes to worse I just go twice! :D So when/where do you want to meet? It looks like a straight shot down I-4 to the Beeline, so I would guess maybe about 45 mins, depending on how fast you fly ;)

6. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Did you want to drive over there together or what? I'm thinking that I want to leave relatively early. I'd like to get there before 10:30am if at all possible. As for a meeting place, I have no clue. Whatever you think would be best.

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I thought going together would be a good idea, kinda make it seem more official. If you didn't want to, lemme know. Early is a very good idea :) Should I PM Minacia_Brightstar?

8. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Sounds good. So what if we met at 9:00 tomorrow? Where do you want to meet?

As soon as we have these details worked out, I'll pm Minacia_Brightstar.

9. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Sounds good to me. How's the Villiage Lobby sound as a meeting place?

10. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Beautiful.

9am, Village Lobby.

Two questions for you:

Do you want to take my car or yours?
    and
    Are you going in costume or were you planning on changing when you get there?

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Ah yes, beautiful thing are good.

Your's would be the better choice if it's going to run, mine leaks like Yoda's hut on a bad day. I'll go ahead and pay for gas and tolls

I'll be going in constume, mine isn't that comlicated. Besides, I want to see how many people in the villiage I can freak out ;)

Did you know that David Prowse and Peter Mayhew are supposed to be there? I forget where I heard that, but I'm bringing my sharpie just in case :)

12. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    My car will do fine. It's good on gas, so that shouldn't even be a problem.

In that case, I'll be in costume as well. I just finished washing it in my bathtub (which worked great!) and now I'm drying it as I write this.

I did know that David Prowse and Peter Mayhew would be there. The Rebel Legion and the 501st are having a dinner tomorrow night with them. I wish I was a member!!! :)

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    OMG!!! That's awesome!! *is extremely jealous. Q, jealousy leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate... leads to suffering *oh but Mr. Yodie, it's Darth Vader and Chewie!!!*

14. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I know. I was hoping that if I hung around the Rebel Legion table in my Jedi costume long enough, they'd make me an honorary member and invite me to dinner. :D
    Hey- it could happen!

15. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hmmmm, *Mr. Yodie, would a little Force pursuasion to help out a friend be of the Dark Side?* YODIE STEW YOU EAT! SHUT UP YOU WILL!

I think that's my cue to go jogging and hit the sack. See ya tomorrow :D

16. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    The dinner was a lot of fun, very relaxed. We all met in front of Planet Hollywood, marched over to their new memoribilia store (which has a Star Wars display that opened last night), then marched back for dinner. I was at David Prowse's table and we got to talk with him on a non-star wars basis which was neat, since I'm sure he was tired of always talking about the movies to all of us geeks. Peter Mayhew seemed to have a good time at his table too, on his way out he palmed one of the rebel trooper's heads, and his hand covered practically his whole skull. It was too funny. Get your butts over to rebellegion.com and join!!!!!
  17. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I need a picture!! That's all!

18. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! Yes!! Picture!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.