main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anybody have any Jokes

Discussion in 'Archive: Connecticut' started by hchristensenfan, Aug 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Boston has a good joke thread going, so I was wondering if you guys would want a joke thread as well.
    A cop pulls over a car load of nuns. The cop says, "Sister, this is a 55 MPH highway. Why are you going so slow?"
    The Sister replies, "Sir, I saw a lot of signs that said 41, not 55."
    The cop answers, "Oh, Sister, that's not the speed limit, that's the name of the highway you are on!"
    The Sister says, "Oh! Silly me! Thanks for letting me know. I'll be more careful."
    At this point, the cop looks in the backseat where the other nuns are shaking and trembling.
    The cop asks, "Excuse me, Sister, what's wrong with your friends back there? They are shaking something terrible."
    The Sister answers, "Oh, we just got off Highway 101."

2. Saturniia

Saturniia Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2004
    Hmm... no jokes, per se, but I was thinking of starting a thread for coding Connecticut, or more specifically New Haven County, into Star Wars terms:

Yalies= Imperials (don't get me wrong. I know Yalies. I like Yalies. However, Yale=New Haven's Empire.)
    Townies= Rebels
    New Haven=Coruscant
    East Haven= Tattooine (only colder and wetter)
    Branford= Naboo
    Hamonassett= Dagaboh (okay, I don't think I spelled either of these correctly)

... and so on.

Hmm... here's a riddle.
    A Yalie walks into a bar. What does (s)he say?

3. EndorRebelScum

EndorRebelScum Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Hamden can be the Politicians since it's all corrupt, and our mayor is Palpatine. I have a joke,
    One Day Princess Leah was going down chapel street. She passed the Bowl and said to ben, who was next to her "Have you ever been in one of those" and he replied "I don't ever recall being in a stadium, but then again, I dont recall ever meeting R2-D2 and other things that dont make sense in the prequels. "

4. Saturniia

Saturniia Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2004
    By "Ben", we mean Obi-Wan Ben, not Leia's nephew, Ben, right?

And hey! Hope you don't mean the town employees, as well... my mom's on Hamden's payroll!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.