main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Anyone down for a TFF fanfiction contest?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by GrandAdmiral_Frank, Aug 31, 2008.

?

Anyone down for a TFF fanfiction contest?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    It's just an idea. I thought what if we had the TFF put together a contest where we all wrote a piece of fanfiction and then we could have the mods decide who won or something. The general question is would anyone actually be interested in some fanfiction in the TFF?

2. Hero_Of_The_Force

Hero_Of_The_Force Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2008
  3. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    ^^

That's what I'm talking about.

4. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    that sounds fun to just write and share, not sure how I feel about the voting.. but I'm game either way. where are ya RebelMom? This is your bag as well.

5. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    Since it's all positive so far I suppose we could do entries in this thread. What would anyone like to write? I'm thinking freestyle.

6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    freestyle is the only way I go... I'm not organized enough for any other way.

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    My muse is AWOL. I might try something short.

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    oh mine will definitely be short.. I guess I should have said freestyle short story is the choice I pick.[face_blush]

9. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    Very well then let us have at it.

Since I got everyone all riled up here's what we'll do:

We'll keep our stories freestyle and preferrably short stories because I would prefer that as well. If anyone would like to have a certain era in the saga to write about then let me know. I would like to do something with clones but let's see what everyone is game for.

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    that's a harder question.. clone timeline suggests fighting sequences, and shooting sequences.. I will have to really think to get in that timeline as I can't write either of those. I'm game though.

11. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    Very well then since I'm the one who seems to be the leader the first entries will be related to anything you want to do with the Prequel Trilogy Era. A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G! However I am sure we all know what we can and can't do in terms of our writing and how graphic we would want to get. ROTS is PG-13 people so remember that. I'll have to start writing my own story so I shall return with one.

"And here we...go"

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I haven't started yet. I always have trouble getting started. My mind is on so many things at once.

13. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    ^^

Ditto, I wish I could eat a pill that would keep me alive for a month and somehow pay my bills so I could sit around and execute some Star Wars material non stop.

I've had a general idea of what I want to do but I need to actually start to write. I will try for this weekend, we'll see.

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I can relate to that.. I have time on my hands, but anxiety and stress keep me from feeling free

15. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    Bring It Down
    Author: GrandAdmiral_Frank
    Timeframe: The Clone Wars
    Characters: Blast
    Genre: Sci-fi/Fantasy/War
    Summary: Clone Heavy Gunner Sergant "Blast" takes a squad of Republic troops into the capital city of Praesitlyn on a mission behind enemy lines.

Smoke rose in thick rolling black clouds over the skies of Praesitlyn. A Republic LAAT/i(Low Altitude Assault Transport/infantry) sped at a few feet off the ground towards the Seperatist controlled capital city. Clone Heavy Gunner Sergant CT-806/1945 or "Blast" stood calmly at attention. His squad of four clone heavy gunners, four clone troopers from infantry, and one clone medic were checking their equipment.

The bay doors on the sides of the gunship opened up and the LAAT/i or "larty" as clones called it slowed to a hovering stop. Blast was the first to jump down to the ground and then his troops followed him. Immediately they had begun to fan out from the larty finding spots to take cover. Blast watched the larty rise higher and higher and then a torpedo slammed into it from the side creating an explosion. The remaining structure was surrounded in flames as it crashed into a nearby building sending debris and rubble in all directions. Blast had just lost four brothers. It was never easy to lose a brother yet the clones had been trained to endure.

Blast made a hand gesture signaling to his squad to move out from their current position. The streets of the capital city were quiet save for the distant rumbles of battle. Buildings were covered in cracks and scorch marks proving that war was a reality on Praesitlyn. The CIS had sent its Droid Army to Praesitlyn to seize control of the ICC(Intergalactic Communications Center) and so far the Droid Army was successful. If the CIS continued to hold Praesitlyn it would mean communications within Coruscant and the Core Worlds would be severely compromised. Ever since the Grand Army had landed on Praesitlyn they had been outnumbered by the Droid Army so taking the planet back was a task for certain. The CIS had the advantage strategically on the battlefield and as a result the front lines of the Grand Army were being bombarded constantly with little or no progression for the Republic. Blast and his squad had been sent behind enemy lines to sabotage the Droid Army's HMPs(Heavy Missle Platforms) so the front line could progress. It was a suicide mission yet Blast and his squad saw it as another part of their duty.

Blast had opted for the gunship to remain under his command so that they could make runs on the HMPs however Jedi General Anakin Skywalker had declined. His reasons were that the Republic needed the lartys for extraction of the wounded and also for air support. None of that mattered now as the wreckage of the larty was well behind them. One of his clone troopers was in charge of the reconaissance on this mission and at this moment he was motioning to a building. Blast nodded and so the squad moved into the building.

Stealth was important on this mission and especially now since this building could be loaded on each floor with battle droids. The lights on the DC-15 blaster rifles for the clonetroopers lit the way as they hurried up the stairways. Blast had gone up over twenty levels when the clonetrooper on recon took them through a hallway that led to a room with three quarters of its walls gone. Debris littered the floor and the clones had to be careful to make sure that their boots did not make too loud of a crunch. In the midst of all of this tip-toeing they spotted their first target, a Sep HMP.

It hovered in the air, a brand new addition to the Seperatist Forces. It resembled a crossover of a flying saucer and an insect. Blast remembered back to his training when he had first learned to incapacitate a flying object. One phrase stood out and that was "Bring It Down" and that is what he would do now. He loaded his rocket launcher and took aim with an infrared scope. Slowly and steadily the HMP was in the crosshairs and then he squeezed the trigger sending a sp

16. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    I've decided that what we'll do is have topics of the month to write about so this month will be about anything PT then next month whoever else is involved like cathiecat or someone could pick the next topic.