main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN Anyone here collect SW stuff?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Vesper2112, Jan 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    I do. I used to have lots of the vintage stuff, but that was when the "vintage" stuff was current :( I don't exactly remember when, but I think my brother eventually got hold of them and broke all their heads off (or something like that). I guess the other stuff was sold in a yard sale or somehting.

When the Orange carded figures came out, I started up again and haven't looked back. I don't have all of them (who could?!?) but I'll try to get a couple here and there. I also have a pretty good 12" figure collection going. I opened all of them at first (the 12" ones, not the regular ones) but the past 10 or so I've left in the box. Plus a bunch of miscellanious stuff here and there makes my computer room very crowded.

What Star Wars or related stuff do you have?

2. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    I just saw that Target has got the new Cartoon Network Clone Wars figured there. There will be 8 in all, but I think there's only 4 released (although I could be wrong). I got the Anakin and Asajj Ventress, but they also had Obi-Wan and Mace Windu. The other 4 that I didn't see was Yoda, Count Dooku, Durge, and Clone Trooper. They were a little more expensive that I would like ($6.something) but they didn't have many, so I went ahead and got a couple. My son is named Anakin (Jordan Anakin, but he goes by Anakin) so I HAD to get that one. lol. Anyway, they also have a few of the older figures on sale for $2.84. I think they had Bail Organa, Sasee Tinn, one of those dignitaries from ROTJ, and some of the Outlander Club patrons. I was looking for the Leia Biker Scout 12", but they were not to be found. Oh well, ya snooze, ya lose.

3. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    At Target today, I saw that they now have some of the figure/glass collection. There's 5 in all (one for each movie). They each have a 3 3/4" figure and a glass similar to the old Burgr King Star Wars glasses back in the day. I got a few of those for Christmas one year, so I thought I'd try to complete the set. Anyway, the new ones have Obi-Wan (A New Hope), Luke in X-Wing gear (ESB), Leia (RotJ), Darth Maul (TPM), and Anakin (AotC). It's funny that all of them have lightsabers except Leia. ANyway, they only had the Obi-Wan and Dart Maul ones, so I picked them up. They run $9.99. They had a few other new figured like Captain Antillies and a band guy from Jabba's Palace, plus all the Clone Wars figures (but those are $6.99 each!). The 3-pk Jedi Council scenes are on sale for around $12.00. That's it for now...

4. drthmrl

drthmrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2003
    i collect everything starwars! if you go to www.thejawa.com, link on the comunity under collections, then my name(mearl crumley) you can see a "small" bit of my collection. those pics where taken awhile ago and id say my collection has doubled since then. enjoy and if you have any ? just ask. im going to go and buy the set of the fig/glass's next week. i think that for ten bucks
    you cant beat the price. ive been waiting for them
    since i saw them in the toyfare mag last month!!
    (-o-)

5. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    NICE COLLECTION! Man oh man.. I need a bigger room as all my stuff is kinda condensed. I submitted some pics to that site just now, so maybe they'll get up soon. I thnk you have me beat, though... I love the "wall o' figures" you got going on. I had mine like that for awhile, but I had to start putting them on pegboards as I wanted to have the posters and pictures hung up. (Plus I have a small room that my wife allows me to use as a storage place for all this stuff). Anyway, I'd love to see it in person someday. Impressive... most impressive...

6. LoyalJedi

LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 22, 2002
    I was looking in Insider today at some of the new figures coming out and they look amazing. They're scheduled to release Aayla Secura, Chewbacca, Luke in his fighter outfit, and Han solo, I think. But they look totally incredible...really really detailed, really nicely painted.

7. drthmrl

Jul 31, 2003
    yeah ive seen them as well. they are great look'n fig's. if you like to collect then you should buy Toyfare magazine. its has all the toys that are coming out like up to 6 months before they hit the shelves. and, they have a toy prise guide in the back of each copy. not to mention its pretty funny reads in it. ill bring one to the next meeting...(-o-)

8. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Hi TN folks.

One of the guys on our thread keeps us updated on the latest releases:

Toys and Collectables

I only started collecting a few years ago. The toys I had as a kid in the 70s/early 80s disappeared while I was in college :(

When I moved to my new apartment last year, I finally had a place big enough to set up a "Star Wars" room to display everything. I don't get complete sets, just those items that appeal to me. for example, I have a very extensive Qui-Gon collection, but almost nothing as far as Boba Fett. Lately I've been drifting away from figures and into trying to find 'unusual' pieces like store displays.

Since I'm collecting not based on value (real or future) but on what catches my eye, I do (with a few exceptions) open packages. The better to display my pieces. Where do you guys stand on the open VS. mint in box debate?

9. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I have a ton of Star Wars Legos. They've all fallen apart because my display got moved around after I got married and they keep getting banged around. Eventually I'll get around to fixing them up and re-displaying them. I have an x-wing, Slave 1, TIE fighter, a-wing among others.

10. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Cool! I love the SW legos, although I've only got the smaller stuff. I drooled over the AT-AT that Target has, but at $99.00... I think I'll just pray for a clearance sale someday.

11. obivolkenobi

obivolkenobi Jedi Master

May 24, 2002
    Okay guys, for each of you: what do you think is the coolest Star Wars item in your collection?

Mine is a three-foot tall R2-D2 ice cooler Pepsi put in stores to promote Episode I. It can actually work as a cooler but I just have it as a tribute to SW. It currently is in storage at my in-laws house, but I've made it clear that when we get a bigger place, R2 will have a place of honor.

12. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    The AT-AT's at Target?? Hops in car, tires squealing and heads for the red store!

My coolest thing is my Lego starfighters. My lightsaber is a close second.

13. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Hey obi... I tried so hard to get one of those R2 coolers when they were out! Yeah, those were way cool. Hopefully you'll have a place for it soon.

I know I just got it, but the ANH Master Replica Force FX Luke lightsaber is pretty darn cool. Other than that... I'm trying to think of something that really "stands out". I don't know how rare this is or anything, but my wife got me this huge Photomosaic framed Yoda. These are the the pictures that are made up of smaller SW pictures. Very cool. I think they also had a Darth Vader at the time as well. Other than that, I've got lots of the figures and a bunch of the 12" figures (not dolls! well... maybe the Padme one...).

14. drthmrl

Jul 31, 2003
    man my collection is to big to have a "favorite" piece. but if i was to chose the one in room and not storage i would have to say maybe my set of 24 karrot gold cards released in 1997 to celerbrate the re-release of the classic trilogy to the big screen. they are pure gold with the original movie posters lazer-etched on them. they only made 1997 of them. i guess that would be mine.

15. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    Vesper--I got my hubby that same Yoda picture! They did have a Vader one, and it was really hard for me to choose, but I got Yoda b/c it just looked so cool. We have it up in our office. I really like it too...

My husband says the best part of our collection is our "really nice trashcan" that we picked up from some outlet store. It's tin, and has all kinds of SW stuff on it.

I really like the Darth Vader bank--it's just too cool. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.