main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Anyone here watch Stargate SG1?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by OBI_JEDI, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    No worries. Glad I could be of help.

2. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    hey all,

I haven't been here in ages

Great to know this is still up and runing :D

3. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Yep and it will get better as we work our way up to the Season 7 finale.

4. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Cool

lost track of where SA is....mmmm must keep track

5. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Well in W.A. we are in Season 7. It seems alot of the other states are way behind for some reason.

6. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Over here in Qld Channel 7 have been playing it every week, sometimes two episodes, and we're about a third of the way through season 7. I am quite frankly amazed and delighted because their usual treatment of any show other than Australian cop shows, "reality" TV and life style shows is disgraceful. I remember one time they had Blackadder on a Tuesday night, only to pull it off to put on The Amazing Race!!!!! :mad:

Anyway we've got some good episodes coming up which is good because some of the recent ones have been a bit meh.

7. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Channel 7 here in W.A. has been doing the same thing. Alot of two hour episodes which is good. I think they are doing this to get it out the way but it's good to see that Stargate SG-1 is being treated well since science-fiction get's treated like crap here in Australia.

I'm glad that Channel 7 is still showing it along with ABC showing Doctor Who. They seem to be the only Sci-Fi shows shown at reasonable hours now.

8. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Reasonable hours?? Yes I agree about that with the Doctor but... eg. this weeks SG-1 (NSW) is being shown at 11pm after everything else, they seem to be doing that most of the time :mad:

I did like the last episode thhough about the Unis alien guys, well portrayed me thinks! (i think thats what they are called)

9. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    In W.A. our episodes are usually on at either 8.30pm or 9.30pm :)

I like the Unas as well. They are a great race :)

10. JediMasterKieca

JediMasterKieca Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    The episode last week was brilliant.

I just loved the scar across the eye of the alpha male, it gave him so much character :)

Anyone else notice how Daniel is getting an awful lot of attention in the latest episodes? :D [face_love]

11. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Tonights double episode was quite good.

I loved 'Space Race'. Reminded me alot of TPM with the Pod Race. Some excellent special effects as well ;)

The following episode, 'AVENGER 2.0' had a good storyline but I found the scientist who created the virus very annoying.

By the way, Stargate: Atlantis debuts in 2004.

12. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Space Race was hilarious! [face_laugh] No double ep tho, I guess Qld gets Avenger 2.0 next week.

I wonder if they'll give O'Neil and T'eulc some screen time soon? The last few have been very Daniel and Sam oriented... not that thats necessarily a bad thing.

13. JediMasterKieca

JediMasterKieca Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    .........there wasn't a doubel ep on in NSW was there?

Don't tell me I missed it?! :eek:

That ep was good last night, I loved the way it blatently rips off other sci fi ;)

14. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    ?Space Race? was a little bland for me. The visual effects department really excelled, though.

I adored ?Enemy Mine?. It?s probably my favourite episode of the entire season. I?m usually not into the unas, but it was so enjoyable.

Yeah, Sam and Daniel are getting a lot of screen time. Jack doesn?t show up much because he wanted more time with his daughter, Wylie. Don?t know what the go is with Chris Judge.

Am [face_love]

15. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    No Stargate SG-1 for W.A. this week :( I guess we are letting all the other states catch up.

16. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Anyone have any idea when Stargate SG-1 returns to Australian screens?

17. darth_brutus

darth_brutus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Well, knowing channel 7, once the ratings season is over, which means near the end of the year.

18. SW-SG-1FanNZ

SW-SG-1FanNZ Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2004
    even though i am from NZ,i bought Stargate SG-1 Season's 1&2 dvd boxed sets from ezydvd.com.au., Season 3 is due out on 13th May, i can't wait.I am a big fan of SG-1, i have seen every episode since the show has started, my favourite character is Apophis,i thought it was awesome when he and Klorel tryed to attack earth back in Season 1, and i thought it was even cooler when they bought in back to life in Season 3, i was dissapointed when they killed him off in Enemies, well Death Knell is on this friday and i herd that it is a really good episode.I have already seen Lost City, Parts 1&2 and they are great, i won't give anything away though.

19. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    There's an article over at Gamespot that just caught my eye. JoWood secures Stargate SG-1 titles

Basically Australian developer Perception has the rights to produce games based on SG-1 as well as any spin off material i.e. Stargate Atlantis

Sound be very interesting to see how it turns out. I just hope that it's coming to Gamecube as well....

20. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I just hope it isn't like the Farscape game that came out last year. I'm guessing a 1st or 3rd person shooter would be the way to go.

21. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    That's excellent news. I think either a FPS or a RPG would be the best genre for a Stargate game.

22. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    Anybody know when this comes back? I quiver in anticipation.

23. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Dunno, Channel 7 seem to be sticking to their tried and true strategy of "not showing anything that people remotely want to watch".

24. VladimirZhirinovsky

VladimirZhirinovsky Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2004
    Did you know, that in the USSR, we once uncovered an alien object? It came out of the skys, and crashed into the Kremlin, and killed a mouse, and also the mouse house. To cover it up, we blamed it on lazy workers and killed them all.

25. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    LoL, when did this happen?

The rest of session 7 and the new session 8 and Atlantis should be on around mid-end of Winter if it follows the same pattern as previous years.

For the SG-1 game, I really hope it's coming on Gamecube or the Next Generation systems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.