main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone interested in a Sept. Lightsaber Building meeting?

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by PadawanNick, Jul 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Another thing that I haven't seen too much, but works really well, is to use bicycle fork pegs as grips.
    These things are used by kids that to extreme stunts on their bikes, so they can put their feet up front on the fork.

They are very strong, shinny and hollow, usually with a machined grip. You can get them at Toys'R Us for $10-15 a pair.

This is what I used for the grip on the saber that is second from the top in the image linked in my first post.

Have fun.

2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Nick you mentioned a few posts back about meeting some of us at the Home Depot to shop for parts prior to the workshop, and I was wondering if that would still be possible & when it would be.
    Also, any chance on which date this workshop will be, the 14th or th 15th? I just need to know soon so I can arrange for a babysitter for my son. Thanx!!:)

3. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    OK here's the scoop...

For anyone who happens to be in the King of Prussia area during the day, I'd be happy to meet at the KoP Home Depot during lunch hour virtually any day in the next couple of weeks. Evenings are much more difficult for me since my daughter is now needs shuttling to and from soccer and karate classes all just about every night.

If this doesn't work for anyone, please let me know by posting here ASAP. What I could do is just go to the Home Depot with a digital camera and photo graph the isles and products to look for, then post them on a little Geocities page for you guys to print and take with you to the store whenever you can make it.

As to final details, I'm trying to nail this all down this week.
    Sadly, (believe me ... very, very sadly :( :_| :( ) I am not going to be able to host or attend this myself. I've really been looking forward to it for months, but due to complicated personal conflicts, I just can't do it.

I have two alternates in the works for the same weekend. One is definitely available in Drexel Hill, the other (in Plymouth Meeting) will answer one-way-or-the-other in a day or two. I'm holding out for the Plymouth Meeting location, since it's just off the Blue Route and Turnpike and should be easy for everyone travelwise.

My tools will still be there. Dremmels, hacksaw, files, other misc. stuff. I'll also try to assemble as much advice and ideas to post here as possible over the next several days.

Ok. Guess that's all for now. As far as I know, Calixte, Maleficant and Iycis are definitely planning on going. Anyone else? Jacen_Solo3? TenguJedi?

Have fun!

4. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Lightsaber Building has been postponed indefinitely. Sorry 'bout that everyone but we need Nick and he's unable to attend. If anyone wants to build in the meantime, PM me and I can connect you to people who can give you info and tips.

Thanks!

5. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    I have a design for a super easy one to build. All you need is a hack saw, screwdriver and some parts (under $25) to build it.

I'll shoot pictures of buying the parts at the KOP Home Depot next week and post the instructions here before week's end.

Sorry for the delay guys.

I am working on re-scheduling it though.
    Please stay tuned.

Have fun!

6. Mil-jata

Mil-jata Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    Patience is a Jedi?s greatest strength

7. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    I went to the Big Yellow Box and have chosen my lightsaber design. I'm going to start collecting my parts in the next month. If anyone else is interested, we can shop together sometime...

J

8. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Count me in on that shopping trip, I too have decided to make a saber from the Yellow Box. I'm going with the "Vader" style.
    PM me when you want to go.

9. Mil-jata

Mil-jata Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    Fellow Jedi and Jed-ets (just a joke)

I bought one of those Anakin Skywalker lightsabers, the $25.00 kind at places like Toys-R-us. Anyway I took it apart, their is a cheap motion detector inside. It's very simple to remove. I plan to use the motion detector in the Light Saber I build so it will have that --JUN-Jhun-JUN-KHERR
    sound when I move the lightsaber around

yes I was making that sound aloud when I wrote this post)

Just an Idea,
    Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.