main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone selling EU books?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Theron Solo, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theron Solo

Theron Solo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Sup guys, Die hard star wars fan here. I read this forum often but usually don't have time to post. I'm a avid reader. After seeing some peoples reaction in the Disney threads, i've noticed some people said they were selling their collections. I know that a lot of that is just snap judgement's, however if anyone is actually selling books give me a shout i'm interested. Personally i'm worried about the Disney thing. Lost sleep over it last night, it just puts a bad taste in my mouth, but i guess we'll have to wait it out. I'm going to try to post more on here.

2. hawkeye forever

hawkeye forever Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    Personally I won't be selling any of mine. Even if Disney makes drastic changes to the canon and much of the EU is no more, it will still be to me. Thrawn and Pellaeon will always exist in my books and my mind. Same goes to the Yuuzhan Vong and everything before and since. (Other than TCW cartoon of course). If the canon gets changed I will personally view the new canon like that of the new Star Trek. Its just a different dimension with the original one being so much better and awesome (seriously, it has Mara Jade).

But seriously, Disney, please don't screw this up. I don't want to despise you until the day I die.

Adrian the Cool likes this.
  3. TypoCelchu

TypoCelchu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 1, 2005
    I don't think I'll sell what i have, but I certainly won't be buying what they're selling.

4. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I was going to sell a few, but not because of this announcement - I've been trying to downsize my book collection for months (and failing). Likely I won't be able to sell what I want to get rid of, though, they're mostly the less popular books.

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    My EU Books are like my extra children.....would never sell them....but I fear after Im gone my kids will....

6. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Sell my books, thats just crazy :p

7. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I would never sell my books. But, I'll take the books that others sell! :D

I was planning to sell Rogue Planet, but I discovered that it is great for killing flies, so I'll keep it.

Mitth_Fisto and Adalia-Durron like this.
  8. Theron Solo

Theron Solo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Hey I wouldn't sell mine either!! Just wanted to take advantage if anyone was! Star Wars will always be a part of my life. I just hope Disney isn't a disaster.

9. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, was thinking about a thread like this and realized... odds are no one will actually sell them. there's a lot of memories there, and hey you can still go back and read them if you want.

10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I have a couple books that I bought off other people that used to own them, same goes for my SW posters except that they were a gift by a guy that saved them from being thrown in a dumpster at a construction site and didn't think they would survive the trip. So if anyone is selling and you don't want the books and Traknar doesn't beat me to it let me know :D

11. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    hey now, get in line mitth! i was here before you! :p

12. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    No way! In fact, I hope they continue the EU, maybe as an alternate universe?

13. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    These books are more than twenty years of my life!?? Why would I part with them? On top of that, after the announcement my son came to me and asked to read Truce at Bukura! OMG! He commented the next morning... "Wedge nearly lost his fingers mum! It was terrible!'. Arh.....the joy of brainwashing your own child.....

Mitth_Fisto and Gorefiend like this.
  14. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    My bookshelf looks so pretty with all my EU novels. I can't part with them. Too many good memories reading these things. If they get wiped out of the continuity, so what. I love the Marvel comics from the 70s-80s and those haven't been canon for a long time, have they?

15. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I'm curious, what books are you after Dash? Do you have a hit list of must reads?

Actually, does a consensus exist on what is the best of the best Star Wars literature?

Edit: It appears I have found just such a list in the Literature forum. Sticky, top of the page. Do you agree with this list OP?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.