main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY anyone up for a fanfilm? - Second Fanfilm in the works! Film schedule inside - updated 11-14

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    ok, I know our members are scattered far and wide, however does anyone want to get together to toss somehting together for a fanfilm?

the deadline is end of march I know we can toss somehting together before then :)

Anyone up for this let me know. I finally have a digi camcorder now, lets use it!! LOL

2. Laszlo

Laszlo Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2006
    Why the end of March in particular? Doesn't give you a whole lot of time. Heck, even the Lightsaber Choreography contest gives you until May, and you don't even need costumes for that.

3. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    well, because we are actually trying to submit this for the Fanforce awards deadline. ;)

4. Laszlo

Laszlo Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2006
    Well... it's tricky but not impossible. Have you some idea what you want to do? Is is just a fight scene, do you want a plot, are you feeling inspired by a particualr fan film or scene from something other than Star Wars, etc? You have any particular skills to add to the mix? Producing? Directing?

I'm not being mean or anything on purpose, it's just from experience it takes a little more than just getting random people together for a weekend. Not that that's not fun in it's own way...

5. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    you know, no offense but its not meant to be a professional film LOL if we all just get togeter and film on the weekend thats great.
    Its for the Fanfilm awards we have every year and its never meant to be serious but fun. LAst years film that one was pretty corny and well, cheesey but they all looked like they had fun and that what mattered :)

I was thinking more of a parody.

At any rate, if anyone is serious aboiut getting together please post in here what dates you are available and we can plan the film accordingly :)

6. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    sorry I have been out with strep all weekend, wanted to finally post this and say...

very special thanks to everyone who participated in our lil film. I know everyone is busy and it was nice to see those who could participate.

Cant wait for the awards this year...... I just hope they dont start throwing eggs at the screen :p

I have copies for everyone involved. drop me a PM I can put them in the mail if you want :)

EDIT: forgot to post this - LOL my hubby is already gearing up for a sequel..... *shakes head* we created a monster!

7. J3DI_B0Y

J3DI_B0Y Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2007
    hi everybody i am new here and i had played a part in strawbary's film, and i was a camera man[face_alien_1] its funny people should check it out

8. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Tom!!! *hugs* thanks for finally coming to the boards! (I expect to see you in here more often now ) *taps foot*

R u up for the sequel? ;)

9. J3DI_B0Y

J3DI_B0Y Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2007
    yeah we should make a trilogy, me and chris should lightsaber battle

10. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    *scratches head* that works ;) get working on that script Jediboy!!!! :D

11. J3DI_B0Y

J3DI_B0Y Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2007
    allright ill start working on it 2morro

12. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    fanfilm links are up and the voting has begun.... *bites nails* [face_worried]

13. Fanfilmvoting

Fanfilmvoting Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2007
    Just a reminder. Please do not vote with socks.

14. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    we have 2 registered users in our household, this u can confirm :)

15. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    cant wait till this weeekend at the awards.. Good luck to everyone.... remember it doesnt matter if we win.... we had a blast making the film and thats enough for me :)
    I already have the sequel ready to go!

16. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    our little fanfilm didnt win in the awards this year but it was still alot of fun. :)

I already have stuff down for the sequel.... anyone else up for a second one?
    I know Tom and Russ and Bill are in....

anyone else?

17. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok, here anyone can sign up for parts in the film... we have our key parts filled with our chapter members however we would be happy to welcome anyone from other chpaters to participate...

We will need characters for a cantina scene, and a Sith :)
    Let me know if anyone is interested!

18. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    I would be interested in being a Mando in the background or the foreground if you need one ;)

19. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    excellent! I will let you know what dates we are filming and see if you can make any of them :)

20. ILoveQA

ILoveQA Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    u figure out a date yet?
    I don't know if I can make it but I keep hoping that someday lightning will strike the same place twice and we will plan something on a day I amfree...

Mike

21. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    no dates yet, still trying to get thru the kids sports schedules, pretty soon though ..... ;)

22. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    for those who still remain active in the group... the filming schedule is 2nd weekend in aug. Please PM me for details and scripts. We will be filming the 2nd movie and also filming some add ons for the dvd for the first film.

As usual there will be food and swimming afterwards.... whooot!
    Thanks guys!

23. jackboot

jackboot Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    Are you serious??
    Do you have any idea what you are filming, script and all?
    Cool
    There is a custom Mando in your area we are in contact with on another board.
    I'll see if he can help revive the SCJ with you.

24. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    we have been working on the script since we started the first film. There was alot we didnt get done on the first film we ran out of time to do we are adding in for special featuress on the DVD ;)

I have found some interesting "props" for the second one recently. The script is pretty much done... we will have more days of shooting but the first wave is the 18th.
    I am spending the weekend before working on set stuff and costuming etc.

The website should be up and running by then too for updates.

as far as SCJ I dont know if we can revive it or not, the filiming doesnt affect that.... filming will still continue regardless of a fanforce chapter in the area.
    It would be great if you can send the mando our way.... even if there is life on the forum I wont have to close it. Right now its just too quiet. ;)

25. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Im so sorry guys I ahve to change the filming date. I just found out there is a conflict on that weekend.

Is the following weekend ok for everyone? I will most likely call to confirm, you guys know who u r ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.