main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Anything BUT Star Wars .... lol

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rotag21, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    This link will be well....

For anything not Star Wars. Duh!

It can be sports, gaming, New place to eat, A new shirt you just bought and feel we all need to know about it. lol Anything you wish to post that is not Star Wars. It's that easy..... Will I hope it is anyway's?! lol [face_thinking]

SeeYa,
    TK

2. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    How about this...

These have got to be the worlds COOLEST business cards. Pretty sweet.

TK

http://positivesharing.com/2009/02/coolest-business-card-ever/

3. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    I thought maybe you all would like to know what the worlds longest word is? Any guess out there....a few maybe?

Well I'm pretty sure you are ALL wrong! So I'll just let you know....

OK class today's word is...

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcaniconiosis.

(even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious...)

OMG! Is that some word or what?!

*searches it in google* Oh wow, I spelled it right the first time!(Yeah Right!)lol

(Btw it's pronounced like this: New-minno-ultra-micro-scopic-sillico-volcanic-ony-osis)

That's the longest word in the oxford english dictionary. It's the scientific name for "the black lung." (Well, a volcanic incarnation of the disease anyways) Woulda liked to see Zoolander try to pronounce that lol.

Knowledge is power!

SeeYa<
    TK

4. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    Now I know why even the doctors call it black lung. Jeez!

5. Nadia-Oomia

Nadia-Oomia Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2009
    Now that's what I call a mouth full [face_laugh]

6. flightmech73

Aug 5, 2007
    Went to circuit city yesterday. Wanted to see if they had the $100 wire harness they told me I needed for my car a few months back. They actually had one. I got it for 32 bucks [face_money_eyes] Now I just gata figure out how to put it in.:confused: I also got GTA San Andreas for 3 bucks.

7. Nadia-Oomia

Jan 4, 2009
    I am practicing Mozart's Turkish March and it's a very big pain. No literally a big pain. I practiced so much my right forearm is really really sore

8. flightmech73

Aug 5, 2007
    wow Nadia. That's quit an undertaking. You playing piano or guitar. I play a lil guitar but never had the drive to try classical. Keep practicing. Its a beautiful song.

9. Nadia-Oomia

Jan 4, 2009
    I play the piano, I did originally want to play the guitar but piano was available at the time for free lessons, so my mom just enrolled my brother, sister and myself and now I have been playing for 5 years and can't seem to get the Turkish March right

10. Nadia-Oomia

Jan 4, 2009
    What kind of music have you tried? [face_thinking] and which one is your favorite

11. flightmech73

Aug 5, 2007
    Well to be perfectly honest Im all about the glam rock. Jovi, Motley Crue , Skid Row, Poison things of that nature. But I dabble in country a bit. I was in a band a few years back. we did some originals and stuff like U2, talking heads, smashing pumpins. One year we came in second place in a big battle of the bands. We did two CDs. one was recorded at a live show and the other we did like 4 song in a studio. That was real fun for me. What was also cool is the guy that recorded our album was the old drummer for Till Tuesday. I miss it. But life happens and I don't play as much anymore.:_|

12. Nadia-Oomia

Jan 4, 2009
    That's really cool :D! I was asked to be a pianist in a band but nothing like that though. I'm sorry that you don't do it anymore, it sounds like you had a lot of fun:D. Why don't you play as much anymore? [face_thinking]

13. flightmech73

Aug 5, 2007
    Well I guess not being in a band I need need to practice as much. Also having 2 kids will take allot of time I used to have To just jam. I still love music. but there's just so much more i end up doing now. Its sad really. Every time i go see a local band or concert, that's when I really miss it.

14. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Guy's...

Just thought you all may like to know that next Tuesday...

"Howard the Duck"

Comes to DVD/BR for the first time ever! Next week marks the 25th. anniversary of the movie. I think we should all get together for a movie night next week and celebrate this auspicious occasion. So mark those calendars.

SeeYa,
    TK

Long live George!!

Props to John ;)

15. flightmech73

Aug 5, 2007
    you mean Ill be able to pause Lea Thomson in her undies and it will be all nice and clear?:D I gata get me that DVD.

16. Nadia-Oomia

Jan 4, 2009
    Who's Howard the Duck? :confused:

17. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Believe me, you're better off not knowing... [face_sick]

18. flightmech73

Aug 5, 2007
    Don't listen to Baron_Soontir_Fel.[face_shame_on_you] Howard the Duck is the worlds greatest hero. Hes a master of Quack Fu. Hes Brave (mostly) and hes a great rock star with incredible stage presence. Its not his fault he fell into the Dark overlords beam and ended up stranded in Cleavland. But its lucky for us he did or the world as we know it would be ruled by the Dark Overlords of the Universe.

19. Nadia-Oomia

Jan 4, 2009
    It sounds kinda weird, and strangely familiar [face_thinking].

20. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    So...

Howard is in hand!! I'm thinking Sunday night if anyone is game? Let me know.. I'll be rocking the show. just setting singing "Howard the Duck...Ummmm..Howard the Duck" .... lol

Later,
    TK

PS> I not kidden' If anyone wish to get together let me know... Drinks ..popcorn :)

21. Nadia-Oomia

Jan 4, 2009
    I would come over but I have this thing called water that separates me from the U.S :p

22. flightmech73

Aug 5, 2007
    So I guess hopping in the car and driving over is out.o_O

23. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    What no star fighter?

Seeya,
    TK

24. Nadia-Oomia

Jan 4, 2009
    [face_laugh] Germany's not that advanced. Japan maybe [face_thinking] but not Germany:D

25. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Well at leased they make realy good cars. lol

So Nadia-Oomia how did you fine us over here in the state? I've seen you post on a couple times, which is cool. We're glad to have you. I think it's neat that you post here all the way from Germany. Very cool.

I have a couple friend from the 501st. that live in Germany. I met them at the Rose Bowl Parade in Ca. A few years ago. I see the mon line ever now and then.

well.. I'm glad to have you here. hope to see you post more.

Later,
    TK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.