main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii AOTC at Sunset on the Beach 3/1/03

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TB-7432, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TB-7432

TB-7432 Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2003
    Episode II-Attack of the Clones, will be shown at Sunset on the Beach March 1st, 2003. The 501st Pacific Outpost will have a trooping at the event.

2. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    ok, I'll try to reach Eric, so he can bring his full size R2D2, and maybe even C3PO might be there, too. :D

3. soopatroopa

soopatroopa Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2002
    unfortunately I wont be making that one.... previous commitment with family. Tory, pics!! get Pics for our Site!! :)

4. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    I'm assuming this is at Queen's Beach in Waikiki. Am I correct?

5. soopatroopa

Nov 22, 2002
    I believe you're right on that.

6. TB-7432

TB-7432 Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2003
    Ok, here's an update. Sunset on the Beach takes place at Queen's Surf, near the pier at the Kapahulu Ave groin. Entertainment starts at 4 and the movie starts at 6:30 or 7, when it gets dark. I haven't met with the coordinator yet, but we're going to try and get a dressing room at the Kapiolani Park bandstand, we can park there too, its not too far. We'll also try and get a viewing area near the pier so people can take pics with us and we don't block the sidewalk. I'll keep you posted as I get more info. If any other costumed characters are coming please let me know (email me). Oh, and we'll definitely post pix on the 501st Pacific Outpost page.

7. TB-7432

TB-7432 Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2003
    This Saturday we'll be on the beach by 6:00 pm to meet and greet people before the movie starts. When the movie starts at around 7:00 pm we'll be introduced onstage with the mayor and do a little skit. Hope to see all of you there.

8. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    ok, we'll see you there. I have not been able to reach Eric, left lotz of messages. Normally he works late on Saturdays. I'll call him again tomorrow.

9. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    great show tonight, guys; the 501st has made a lasting impression. The fans were so excited to see you all. congrats.

10. The___

The___ Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    Hey I was there. It was fun. Seeing people in costume made me act like a child. I got to take a picture with the TIE pilot.

It was awesome! I'm still glowing from the whole experience.

And yes, I do need to get out more.

11. soopatroopa

Nov 22, 2002
    glad you enjoyed it :) I had a blast myself!! And yep, I was the TIE Pilot :D

12. The___

The___ Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    Wow, this is cool. I didn't expect the actual people I saw to be on this board.

Anyway, thanks for being so nice and letting me jump in and take a picture with you. I'm not around Star Wars fans too often, so it was definitely a cool experience for me! :)

13. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    we're here in the board, and in real life, too. Keep tuned to this forum; we try to post what's happening.

14. TB-7432

TB-7432 Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2003
    Thank's to everybody for coming. I had a great time, it isn't too often we get to don the armor. We'll let you know the next time there's an event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.