main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA AOTC Charity Screenings. Info.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by sacul-1138, Mar 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    Ok I just had to call and check on it.

But here's the scoop.

It's 500 bucks to get in.

This gets you into a screening of the film on Sunday May 12th.

You go to the big party afterwards where Uncle George himself and many "other" familar faces will be there as well. (they could say who)
    See we are lucky were so close cuz they are doing this in 12 cites and we get GL!

The lady was very juiced about it all, I could maybe call back for more info but with a ticket price that high I don't know.

Now 500 clams may sound alot but I thought I'd throw this out there. (Cuz I'm crazy enough to find a way and you know what they say when there's a Sith there's a way)

Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones Premiere to Benefit California Mentor Foundation
    San Francisco, Calif. - The California Mentor Foundation (CMF) has been selected to host the San Francisco premiere of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones on Sunday May 12th. This charity benefit will raise monies to support "mentoring of youth" throughout the Bay Area and California.

Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (www.starwars.com) will premiere at 11 charity screenings in cities in the United States and Canada to raise money for children's programs. Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox selected the California Mentor Foundation for the San Francisco premiere based on its strong efforts to reduce drug and alcohol abuse, teen pregnancy, academic failure, and gang participation by matching children with caring adults.

"We are grateful to Lucasfilm Ltd. for recognizing the importance of mentoring of young people in our communities," said Dr. Andy Mecca, President, California Mentor Foundation. "We are excited about the new opportunities this event will provide for youth in California."

"Throughout the years, Star Wars films have entertained generations of children," said George Lucas. "I'm delighted that these premieres will provide an opportunity to benefit the children who need it the most."

For sponsorship, press, and ticket sales information for the premiere, please contact: the California Mentor Foundation at 415.789.1007 or bridget@calmentor.com.

About California Mentor Foundation
    The California Mentor Foundation (www.calmentor.com) promotes mentoring as the most effective means of preventing at-risk youth from making choices that are detrimental. The goal is to grow the capacity of quality mentoring programs, to better enable linkages between those in need to those willing to help. CMF is committed to growing private sector investment in mentoring programs.

2. Cial

Cial Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2002
    hmm... looks like i'm going to have to start mooching early to afford those ticket prices :p

3. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    The Jedi Droid was invited into that last time for TPM. Unfortunately the guy from Fox couldn't find her when he had the tickets for her. We did have another friend who camped in front of the Coronet who got in though. He got to meet George and Rick. He also got all the crew patches and a crew jacket given to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.