main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX AOTC Midnight Showing??

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by BigChris, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigChris

BigChris Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    I got this from a rep from Regal Cinemas..

Thank you for you interest in our theatres.
    At this time, Twentieth Century Fox is still working out the details for the release of Episode 2.
    Please keep checking your local theatre for more information as it becomes available.

Laurie A. Stevens
    Executive Assistant-Film
    Regal Entertainment Group

Big Chris

2. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Whaaaa?! I just went to the AMC website to find their contact info to ask about AOTC.

Since when did they make Barton Creek Square 14 an AMC theater?! YAY! There is a God! AMC in Austin...about time!

3. BigChris

Mar 11, 2000
    Wow, I thought BC 14 was a Cinemark theater...

4. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Well wait...which is which? I know the one inside the mall was General Cinema and the one right outside was Cinemark. I actually like both of those theaters, so whichever it is, I'm excited I can now use my Movie Watcher card.

How are you contacting these people? Via email or phone? I emailed AMC & Cinemark.

And I can't imagine that Regal won't have midnight showings of AOTC. Gateway is a huge, popular theater up here.

5. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Okay, so my email to AMC included:

I was wondering if you could give me some
    information concerning the upcoming release of Star Wars Episode II: Attack
    of the Clones on May 16. I was wondering if there will be any midnight
    showings and if/when advance tickets will go onsale.

Their response:

We appreciate your interest in AMC Theatres. This information has not been
    given to us yet by the film studio. Thank you for contacting AMC.

Awwwww. When?! I want tickets now!

6. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    agg! does anyone know when Fandango starts selling?? and i'll probably see it at Gateway, i'm right by it and i'm sure they'll have a midnight showing, otherwise i'm skipping school.

7. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I don't know. I check Fandango every day. If, by chance, I end up having to be in Austin on May 16 (two days after finals), I will most definitely see it at Gateway, since I live like 3 minutes away, and it's a nice theater.

I'm getting so tired of opening up the TF.N homepage and seeing about all the advace tickets on sale all over the world...except in AMERICA! This is the USA! Why are we not more with it?!

8. Grendelbob

Grendelbob Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2000
    patience...

if you hit gateway, watch for my group...we are expecting good numbers again.

9. infallible

infallible Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2002
    I wrote to the owner of Alamo Drafthouse (who is showing Ep2 at the north location) about lines and tickets, and he said that he's still waiting to hear from Lucasfilm/Fox about what's going on with tickets. You'd think that they'd have this stuff figured out already, but I guess not...

10. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    That is exactly what I thought. I mean, it is, afterall, only a little over a month until the movie is released. Why are they able to have it all together internationally but no one in the US knows what's going on?

11. darth_saul

darth_saul Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2001
    Why do the tickets need to be available now? What can you do with a ticket and no movie?

12. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    know that you're getting in.

13. BigChris

Mar 11, 2000
    Well, it looks like the tickets will be going on sale on May 3rd, and it going to SUCK if they are not going to be sold online because alot of us (including Brian and Trace, who are heading the line) will be at Celebration II!

Big Chris

14. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    SURELY they will go onsale online. How would they not?

Oh wait, I take it back! Don't jinx it, I take it back!

15. neumera

neumera Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2000
    I believe Brad said that he could cover in the line. We'll ask him at next Saturday's meeting.

-anne

16. DarthBarf

DarthBarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2001
    I will be getting tickets for the midnight showing at the Pflugerville Tinseltown (Chris' favorite theatre). I would be happy to pick up a few extra for anyone else who would like to see the film there.

17. Jedi_Leroy

Jedi_Leroy Jedi Master star 1

Apr 3, 2001
    I'm not going to the Celebration, so I could stand in if you need somebody.

18. BigChris

Mar 11, 2000
    Tinseltown...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! To their credit, they were very good to the people who lined up there for Episode I, but they just refuse to do anything about their theater foot odor problem. Brian has said there was a plan B, so I think we will have tickets at Gateway covered. But, I still may need you to get me a few tickets for May 16th in the early afternoon since Tinseltown is STILL my wife's favorite theater, and she REFUSES to go to Gateway because they only have Pepsi products.

Big Chris

19. Darth_Homer02

Darth_Homer02 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2002
    Count me in!!

20. vader327

vader327 Jedi Master

Apr 22, 2002
    Can I get in on this? Who do I need to contact? I would only need 2 tickets max.

Steve

21. Darth Arash

Darth Arash Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    I may be interested in getting advance tickets. I am though trying to get my own. I have a feeling advance tickets may go on sale this weekend.

22. Darth Arash

Darth Arash Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    Just out of curiousity, if you order movie tickets online, will they give you a ticket stub at the theater when you see the movie? I really want my movie stub when I see AOTC.

23. Lightbringer

Lightbringer Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    I wish Tinseltown South would go away. The funky theater rules about competitors within a certain radius getting the same flick at the same time and Regal's unwillingness to fight for anything means that my fav films keep missing the best theater in town. Instead of the Metropolitain 14 with nice seating and the best sound I have ever heard outside of the Harkins theaters in Tempe, Arizona.... I have to snap my legs in half at the Gateway or suffer with random presentaion problems at the Tinsletowns. Barton Creek as an AMC would be cool....if they upgraded the horrible setup that the mostly dead General Cinemas had.

And yes...I am a cinema snob. It happens when you see way too many movies. :p

*wants his Ep II in the Met*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.