main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Apart from my Honeymoon, CV was the BEST time of my life :D

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Baco_Sapan, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baco_Sapan

Baco_Sapan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2010
    The subject says it all. This was me and my wife's first Star Wars Celebration and not only was it the best con I have ever been to (and I've been to quite a bit within the past few years) but it was literally one of the best times of my life. I can't even begin to describe how awesome this experience was. I will openly admit that I actually cried a little bit Saturday evening while I was out with my wife at dinner because I didn't want it to end, lol. Not just for the con, but also cause this was the first time my wife and I have gone on vacation in a while and so we barely get any time alone together. And so it was just nice to have gotten the chance to go out with her by ourselves and CV just made it 10x better. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it and this morning I woke up to go back to work and the whole ride up there I was just really sad cause I wish things like this could go on more then once every 3 years. But in any case...it was just awesome :D

We only went Friday and Saturday, but we did quite a bit. My wife wanted to see the bellydancing with Amira Sa'id Friday morning so we checked that out first which was fun. Then we saw Mark Hamill (who I thought was hilarious, lol), then we went to the merchant room and bought a few things, and then we got some drinks at the ice bar (which I thought was awesome). Saturday morning of course we saw GL from one of the stages, followed by seeing Seth Green and the guys for Robot Chicken, and then the wife and I played Laser Tag with the 501st troops.

In between all that, we took plenty of pictures and videos and I was actually surprised at the fact that people asked to take me and my wife's picture. I wasn't expecting that because our costumes (at least I felt) weren't up to par in comparison to the other jedi or trooper costumes. But that was cool. And I felt that the staff was very helpful, very nice, and very organized. So yeah...it was just awesome. Hope u guys enjoyed it as much as my wife and I did. Now I just gotta find something else to keep me busy for the next...3 years :(

2. Vayder

Vayder Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2010
    I feel you man. I could definitely feel the sadness growing as it got later on Saturday night because I knew it would soon be time to leave and had to fight back some tears on Sunday morning as we walked out of the hotel lobby.

So glad to hear that you and your wife got to spend time together and make some awesome Star Wars memories. I had my wife and son with me on the first day and just my son on Fri. and Sat. so we got some great father/son time. He was so excited after seeing the Clone Wars S3 trailer at the panel. It was awesome. I know it is something he will remember forever.

Definitely had an amazing time and looking forward to C6 !!!

3. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I am also not ashamed to admit I felt sad when it was over and I would not have expected that going in. On the plane I couldn't read (or sleep, which I needed badly), just kept going through pictures and videos.
    -Loved meeting people I'd talked to on and off for years even though we really hardly know each other.
    -The Lucas thing was incredible. The energy in that room was off the charts. What can I say, it was a childhood dream made real and that just doesn't happen every day.

4. Baco_Sapan

Jun 10, 2010
    Ya know, the SAME thing happened to me. I couldn't sleep on the plane and I just kept going through the pictures and videos on my camera over and over again, lol.
    The GL interview was awesome of course. The only thing that sucked for me was the fact that the stage I was at while watching the interview...everyone was like...dead. And by that I mean when Mark (the black guy who was hyping everyone up) was trying to get the crowd pumped and getting them to stand up and dance and sing, everyone in the room with GL was doing it, but in the stage room I was at the only ones that were getting into it were me, my wife, and my brother. IDK if that was cause people were pissed that they couldn't see GL in person, or if they were just tired, but that was a major mood killer, lol.

5. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I know what you're saying; I've felt like that at concerts where I'm like, "Really? No one in this area is going to get up and move?"

I was in the big room where my spastic excitement was masked by other the general movement.

6. Baco_Sapan

Jun 10, 2010
    Yeah, I mean they got all excited when GL first appeared and of course they laughed anytime him or Jon stweart said something funny. And they all went NUTS when GL announced the blu ray. But apart from that...the room was dead. My wife and I were like "Oh come on man! Just cause your not there in person doesn't mean you still can't get into it and have fun!" But oh well, we still enjoyed ourselves.

7. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Awesome man! I feel the same way, I never feel as good as when I'm at a Celebration .

8. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I can't say that CV was the 'best' time I ever had, but I'm quite glad I went. Lots of things to do and see and more or less organized. CV was a HUGE improvement on previous Celebrations.

If they have it in the same place again I hope:

- they have it during a cooling time of year.
    - they block out the entire Rosen hotel so that more people (especially those of us with costumes) can be next door to the convention center.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.