main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are we still having the meeting?

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Jedi_Junkie, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    I was just wondering with all this snow and ice if we were still planning on having the meeting? Most of Greene County, and a few parts of Montgomery are totally shut down. Channel 7 weather is even predicting more of this tomorrow, if I'm correct. And my sister (her accuracy is questionable, however) even said that the Sheriffs even requested people stay off the roads tonight.

2. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    The meeting is still on for tomorrow. The roads should be cleared and salted by then. If you don't feel comfortable driving in these conditions then just stay home and stay warm. It's not worth risking your life over. But I will be at the bowling alley regardless of the conditions. Once again I don't think the road conditions will be an issue and I haven't heard anything about the sherriff closing down the county. If anything changes I will post it immediately.

3. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Ah, well that's great to know. ^_^ Hope to make it to the meeting!

4. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    For some of you coming this will be your first meeting, I thought I would tell you what i'll be wearing so you will be able to find us. I'll be wearing a X-Wing t-shirt and a Yoda hat. Can't wait to see everybody. :)

5. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    I hate to do this but I don't think Im going to make it tonight, the roads in Xenia are not the greatest and I heard were supposed to get another 1-3 in. of snow by tomorrow. I hate to miss this meeting as it would be my first but I can't risk getting stuck halfway to Kettering tonight. I will definitly be at the next one, I was really looking forward to tonight! Please don't think my weather wimpiness is a sign of disinterest, I have been hoping there would be a Dayton fanforce for a long time! Well, till I get to meet everyone face to face, may the force be with you!

6. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    I would hardly call you disinterested, or a wimp because you're staying home tonight. In fact, I think you're rather intelligent for staying off the roads! It seems I won't be making it either, for the same reasons, although Dayton recieved considerably less snow than Greene county cities the roads are still smothered in it. My mother is very reluctant to drive in it.

7. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Not coming either. I'm sure some people have already left for the alley but I'm not going out in this stuff. My car is still burried and with the wind blowing around I'm not going to risk it. Maybe we can try again in a couple weeks. I'm busy next weekend attending a prop party in Michigan but I'm probably free the next.

8. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Right-on! I say we snowed-in folks have our own online party! ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.