main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidSouth Arkansas fans?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by JediDoKarate, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDoKarate

JediDoKarate Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2000
    I can't seem to find Arkansas anywhere anymore! I just moved back out here, and it looks like all the fans here have split. Chime in people! Let me know where the Arkansas threads are at!

Thankee Sais!

2. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Looks like they destroyed it... well I'm back. If that means anything.

3. JediDoKarate

Nov 22, 2000
    Well thanks for hanging around MatRags. I guess we're all that's left?

4. DARTH_CONFEDERATE

DARTH_CONFEDERATE Jedi Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I live on the border with Arkansas.

5. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Hey there-

I know of a couple folks in Arkansas; a lot of their online posting is done in other forums.

PM me your email address and I can get you in touch with some other Arkansas fans- I know they're out there.

Cheers,

Ian
    TI/IG-1420
    Lubbock TX

6. uubergeek

uubergeek Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2002
    Hey there... sorry i rarely visit these boards much anymore... but just to let you know, there are a few 501st members here in Arkansas now and we are growing. There are plenty of Star Wars fans in Arkansas, i think a lot just don't visit these boards or are closet type fans... lol... i know that's the way it is here in Russellville.

Actually I'm in the process of planning a big event in LR this summer involving some stormtroopers.

If you ever wanna just talk SW or anything, let me know, and what part of the state are you in?

7. JediDoKarate

Nov 22, 2000
    Cool, I knew we were still lurking about. I'm the artist for Yoda:padawan Jedi on theforce.net's fan comics page, so you can find my email addy there. I just moved back to the "suburbs" of Mountain View, AR in the north central area of the state. Yeah uubergeek, if there's a group around here, I'd love to know more.
    I've seen some pretty impressive fan-films, artists, and fan force shenanigans out there, and for Arkansas to not even have a thread somewhere kinda bugs me. I think we oughta do something about it. It's bad enough AR doesn't have any sports teams, not that I like sports but it does put one on the map, but we're often overlooked in different areas. Oh sure, there was that one guy who was president, but what about today? What about our AR fanforce? I realize that our interests here are but a hobby, a fascination with a series of stories, it is difficult to be any much more than a distant spectator. But we can at least make ourselves be heard. I AM AN ARKANSAS STAR WARS FAN!!! Let's start by getting a thread back for us. One of those nice permanant ones like some of the cities have. Ok, so who's where? Do we have more fans in Little Rock, or are we spread around the state? Should we try to get a thread to represent the whole state, or just the city? Can we even get enough people together to get a fan force rating? And if we do, will we be able do the nifty fan force gatherings other cities do? What collective skills can we bring for say a fan-film/fiction/art/etc. Ok, I'm getting way ahead of myself. Let's hear it ARSW fans, anybody have some comments, ideas, or gripes?

8. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Hey now you enough for your own forum.

9. MatRags

Feb 5, 2001
    Good to see more people... I'd love to get this goin'. I've got a few friends who are closet fanboys, and I know they'd get involved...

BTW, I live in Conway.

10. JediDoKarate

Nov 22, 2000
    Sweet. Ok, let's kick around some ideas here folks. Say we get our forum, we need a nifty Star Warsy type name. Any ideas?

11. MatRags

Feb 5, 2001
    I'm not good at coming up with these names. The best I can think of are...

The Arkansas Laserbacks
    The Laserback Squadron
    Darth Huckabee's Brotherhood of Jedi Debautchery

Personally, I like the last one... it sounds frightening.

12. JediDoKarate

Nov 22, 2000
    Actually those all sound pretty good, heh! I like the Laserbacks, it sounds good. Though I do like that last one too, who would pass up Jedi debauchery? But would we need to change it every time there's a new governor? Hmm, Red Saber Rednecks? Red Guard Rednecks? I seem to recall some kind of asteroids/Little Rock attempt way back when. Any others?

13. MatRags

Feb 5, 2001
    How about Sabreback?

The Crimson Sabreback Consortium

14. DARTH_CONFEDERATE

Mar 14, 2003
  15. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Wow, Arkansas comes alive once again! I remember when we all started posting back in the now-deleted Little Rock forum, and there were maybe 2 or 3 of us. Looks like a gathering is at hand! I live just outside of Russellville in a little town named Hector.

16. DARTH_CONFEDERATE

Mar 14, 2003
    Y'all know where Texarkana is? I live about 20 miles away from there and two miles west of Brightstar, Arkansas. My dads whole family, except for him and his brothers, were from Arkansas. We own a bunch of land in Arkansas.

17. JediDoKarate

Nov 22, 2000
    Welcome back Elan-Rai. Yes I realize that Arkansas is often overlooked in alot of areas, but I believe we still deserve a thread of our own. So, glad to have you back and let's see who else we can dig up! Darth Confederate, yea my dad was born here and we have some family land here too. Beautiful country without question. I just kinda miss being able to go out for dinner at 3am if I wanted to. They roll up the sidewalks where I live now at about 8pm!
    Ok, let's get some more names tossed about for an Arkansas thread. Is anyone doing anything with Kashyyk? I know the pacific northwest is Bigfoot territory, which would be a natural for wookies, I haven't looked in the threads over there though. What other "natural" environs have been explored in SW? Myrkr?<sp?> Dantooine? Ithor?

18. byrdnest

byrdnest Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2001
    So i live in Ark and want to know why we dont have a forum. Is this our forum? Somebody needs to make one. I have loved sw since 5th grade-1977.

19. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    We had one, Little Rock, but only about two of us ever had any conversation in there. Maybe that'll change soon.

20. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Hey, just checking back in to see if there is enough interest to warrant a forum for Arkansas. If you want this, please drop a line in here so I can get this going. Surely there is enough of us. :D

21. byrdnest

Apr 11, 2001
    ER, i live in Malvern and LOVE sw. so i would be there. but i dont come here too much because there isnt a forum yet. make any sense???

22. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    One more and Arkansas gets a forum. :D

23. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Okay, you heard it straight from us RSAs. Another person chimes in and Arkansas gets a forum. C'mon people! :D

24. byrdnest

Apr 11, 2001
    ER, it looks like its just us.

25. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Well, I guess JediDoKarate, MatRags, uubergeek, and a few others split. Maybe they'll come back around as we get closer to ROTS. It'd be nice to forumulate some type of line party in Little Rock for the premiere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.