main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"ARTISTS ALLEY" STAR WARS CELEBRATION JAPAN

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by denisevasquez, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denisevasquez

denisevasquez Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2008
    Greeting Star Wars Fans! Celebration Japan is right around the corner and I am happy to announce there will once again be a Star Wars Artist's area. It's an esteemed group of artists from The United States, Japan, and the United Kingdom.

Artists include: Randy Martinez, Matt Busch,Tsuneo Sanda, Tsuyoshi Negano, Mark Mchaley, Spencer Brinkerhoff, Richard Chasemore, Malcolm Tween, Robert Hendrickson, Monte Moore, Otto Dieffenbach, Ryan Waterhouse, Erik Maell, Jason Poratz, Ralph McQuarrie, and Jason Palmer.

As many of you know Lucasfilm has once again granted the attending artists a one time License to sell limited Edition Prints at their Tables at Celebration Japan; just as they have for previous Star Wars Celebrations. Star Wars and Art collecting fans covet these prints, as they are only available at Star Wars Celebration Japan. To add to their exclusiveness each art design is limited to 250 prints. Read that again, only 250 Prints!

Preparing for this event has been quite a unique challenge over the last few months...juggling moving, touring, writing, drawing, deadlines, trying to learn Japanese and more!!!

I've been having a BLAST trying to learn Japanese. This is only the beginning for me...I'm totally in LOVE with the language & I'm sure going to Japan will only enhance the feeling! I've been sharing what I've been learning with the other artists which has been too much fun...we're all going to be doing the "CRAM" days before trying to get the most important phrases to stick...

The Community of artists traveling on this journey are soooo incredible, Inspiring, focused, open, inventive, sharing, caring, communicative, adventurous...this has been such an amazing experience for me already...I can only imagine what it's going to be like in Japan...we have all already formed a tight positive community amongst ourselves, so taking this positive energy as a group to Japan...WOW...

I will be attending this event & will be working with my INCREDIBLE partner Randy Martinez...We will be running 2 tables! featuring all of Randy's collectible art!!

These experiences have been such important lessons for me in every way, which I feel is preparation for what's to come...I see lots of opportunities which are ALREADY happening...more news on that later...

I created an event for STAR WARS CELEBRATION JAPAN on facebook where you can see images of the Exclusive Artists prints. Whether or not you're attending this event, if you're a Star Wars fan, come join us...I made this event open for anyone to join...here's the link:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=28463497316&ref=nf][/link]

May the force be with you!

PeAce LOvE & ArT nOt War
    Denise Vasquez

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.