main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ask Harry -Sales Executive for Star Wars Celebration Europe!

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by Lord-Tice, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Harry Simpson has contacted me saying he's happy to answer any last-minute questions we may have as Celebration Europe is about to open its doors.
    Harry will try his best to post here once a day, and can answer questions about tickets, times etc. but wont be able to answer anything on signings or anything related to the signings/autograph hall.

I would also like to use this opportunity to thank Harry for the great work he's put into CE, especially on behalf of the FanForce in providing us with some space to promote our group and fan art exhibition :D

My first question is do you know at what time the opening Ceremony will take place? And where in the ExCel will this take place exactly? :)

LAJ edit - stickied thread

2. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Welcome to the boards Harry, thank you for doing this Q&A, it's very kind of you. Congratulations on this amazing endeavour! Looking forward to it!

My question is ticket related - a lot of people are posting saying they have received their tickets, others they have received an email saying they are on the way. My situation is that my tracker says "soon to be sent out" still and the only problem with that is I am concerned for next week. I have to come down on Wednesday morning to London (from Southport) to help sort out Fan Force stuff and be there for meet and greet early on Thursday morning. What happens if my tickets haven't arrived by the time I leave (they would need to be there Tuesday at the lastest)? Am I ok to bring down the original email confirmation of my order and can still get passes and get in?

3. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    I have a question, Do Hyperspace/SW Fan Club members only get lanyards at the event, if so do non memeber have to buy their own? [face_peace]

4. CE_Organiser

CE_Organiser Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2007
    Hello Everybody.

The Opening Ceremony will take place on Friday night after the show closes details very soon.

For questions about when you will receive your tickets please try to contact the people you bought them from, they should be able to answer your questions.

Non members can buy specially produced embroidered lanyards for £2.50, images will be online soon. We will also have some elastic for people who don't want to buy one.

Thanks and keep them coming. I will try to answer as quickly as possible but we are very busy at the moment.

See you next week!

5. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Thanks for the quick reply. It was seetickets, the ones you go through from the ofifical Celebration Europe site btw - which I am guessing are the official ticket sellers for CE. I was hoping there would be a door policy in place which you could tell us about just in case something like this happened. I'll have to contact them on Monday, their site says don't contact until 5 days before.

6. Qui-Ton-Set

Qui-Ton-Set Jedi Master star 2

May 7, 2006
    Hi there!

I have my tickets bought though "See". I am also a hyperspace member. How do I prove I am a hyperspace member on the first day to get my special lanyard?

Thanks again!

7. jedigirl0

jedigirl0 Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2007
  8. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Hi Harry, could you explain "Will Call" for people who aren't sure what it is? Thanks.

9. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I was just wondering what people were taking to CE in order to get the Fan Cub things? e.g. the exclusive Fan Club Lanyard.

My Mam used her Card to buy the Hyberspace Membership but the name which is used is mine. so will I need her Passport/ID or mine or both?

I do also have the receipt for the Hyperspace membership.

10. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    i was planning on using my Star Wars Membership which i got with the magazine but i cant seem to find it - is there anything i can present to show that i have subscribed etc so that i can still get the lanyard etc etc?

11. mafiamaul

mafiamaul Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2007
    i checked out the thread as i got a pilot photo off him at collectormania, and it certainly wasn't anything to do with john knoll or ralph brown. he definitely was a fighterpilot and the photo i got was him in the movie with natalie portman & ian mcdirmid standing next to him, and someone at the other thread posted a link to the official photos of him - they aint fotoshopped neither.

sounds like someone dark jedi's out to get him. the guy was hayden's right hand man so that's fine by me. imagine the stories he could tell! being screen seen as a pilot is just a bonus, he's even in the credits of ep1 as he told me he doubled for ralph brown in the gungan forest shots. sure he didn't play luke skywalker he just doubled for his dad, but then again he wudnt be charging £85 eitha! i for one hope him and others like him will be at celeb europe. i cant get enough of these behind the scenes tales.

maf

p.s. any relation to you, harry simpson? o_O

12. CE_Organiser

Jul 5, 2007
    To prove your Hyperspace (or other official fan club) membership please bring your membership number and some ID. If you have any worries about the correct information bring some proof of address, photo ID and any receipts, letters etc referring to your membership and we should be able to identify you through that.

Sorry but what is the context for ?will call??

If in doubt bring everything you can; the membership should be under your name so your ID should suffice.

Thanks

13. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    The "will call" is on the timetables provided on SW.com for CE, says there is a "will call" on Thursday daytime and Friday before show starts - if it's similar to the US version of Celebrations, people can turn up to the convention (ExCel) who have pre-booked, and pick up their badges/tickets/lanyards/etc before opening time. I am guessing if it's on the timetable, then it has been set up? Is there anyway to confirm this? Thanks Harry :cool:

14. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    Thanks for the Help CE_Organiser! [face_peace]

15. CE_Organiser

Jul 5, 2007
    IMPORTANT UPDATE

We are now going to allow fan club members to collect their lanyards only (not tickets) on Thursday afternoon from 2pm-6pm. Please go to the West Entrance of ExCeL for this.

Thanks

16. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Thanks for the info :D
    I am guessing I'll have to go to ExCel on the first day and pick up from there. Same with any non-UK pre-orders.

17. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    Thats brilliant thanks again! early start on Friday then ;)

18. Kabe_the_chadra-fan

Kabe_the_chadra-fan Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    Hmm, so just to get this straight, for non-UK pre-orders, it's NOT possible to pick up neither the tickets nor the fan-club lanyards BEFORE Friday? :confused:

19. CE_Organiser

Jul 5, 2007
    All fan club members can pick up their Lanyards on Thursday but noone can pick up tickets until 7.30am on Friday.

Hope this clears it up for you.

20. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    i just want to say in advance,thanks for doing this-the whole event,i mean.
    we all really appreciate it.

21. Kabe_the_chadra-fan

Kabe_the_chadra-fan Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    Many thanks from me too :)

22. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    Yeah mega thanks for all the amazing help which you have given us all!!=D=

Thanks![face_peace]

23. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    A quick question about the shop. Apart from t-shirts and lanyards, what else will there be? Also, how much are the t-shirts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.