main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Astronomicon 9 - Nov 11th-13th

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Little bit of a sticker shock when I picked up the EIII DVD at Wal-Mart. It came to $21.61 after tax. I thought it was only going to be $15 + tax... Even Deep Discount DVD is only $16.38 w/free shipping, but it's a little late to go with them at this point. So now I'm not quite sure what I want to do for the raffle...

On the bright side, I got word that my program books are done being printed thanks to Hobart William Smith's printing office. And this evening I should be able to finish cutting out all 944 badges. [face_tired]

~Doc_Bev

2. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    KnightShade reminded me that I never posted the hours for the fan club tables...
    Here are the hours I was trying to cover:

Friday 6pm-9pm (5pm for set-up)
    Sat 10am-7pm
    Sun 10am-3pm (tear down based on traffic to table)

I don't know that we have anywhere near enough volunteers for those hours, but as much as we can get covered would be great.

I am hoping to get there tomorrow around 2pm. I can start setting up the club tables after I have the registration tables. I requested the registration table be put next to The Rebellion's table so hopefully I should be able to help out a bit. The USS Tranquility has twice as many volunteers so I'm hoping they'll be good to go once set-up.

~Doc_Bev

3. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Sunday is no problemo for me to cover. Saturday too but I will need to pop out for a couple hours as a friend of mine from Boston will be in town...

4. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Big thanks to JediMaster1610 for helping man the table this evening. You did a great job! =D= I'm sorry I didn't have the time to let you know what was going on (raffle, ect).

Thanks to T_StarFlyer for helping me out at Registration. That did not got at all how I had hoped. [face_frustrated] And tomorrow's not looking like it'll be much better...

~Doc_Bev

5. jedimaster1610

jedimaster1610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    helping out at the table was no problem, tonite was lots of fun...tomorow for the costume contest im shedding my wookie fur for red contacts and horns, if you get my drift.

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    [face_devil]
    Looking forward to seeing it! :D
    I'll see if I can remember to ask KnightShade to bring his saber with him if he makes it to the con today.
    I have the Masquerade registrations forms over at the Registration desk so don't forget to fill one out.

~Doc_Bev

7. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Anyone capable of picking me up this morn, to shuttle me in to the Con? Otherwise, I'll catch a cab downtown...

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm already here and can't leave so I can't help you...
    Although at this point (10:20am) there's nothing much to do until Tom, Daria & Diane arrive with all of the table gear that they took home with them.

~Doc_Bev

9. Modernism

Modernism Jedi Master star 1

Feb 19, 2003
    Planning to attend tomorrow, at least part of the day. :()

10. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    OK I will be there from start to finish tomarrow, sunday. I will try to help out with the table, but if I got to pay the $15 plus parking then I am going to get my moneys worth out of the day and do other stuff rather then spend a lot of time around the table. I hope they let us on the Costuming panel. We are not listed for it on the site. It says it is at noon.

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I don't foresee any problems with us getting on the costuming panel. ;)

~Doc_Bev

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Well, guys I hope things at your end of the Skyway Lobby went well. I'm sorry the costuming panel was such a disappointment.

I'll post how the raffles did and get pictures uploaded tomorrow hopefully. Now I've got to get to work on all those things I said "I'll worry about that after Astronomicon". :p

~Doc_Bev

13. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Hi all,
    Sorry I missed the con today. We had a water problem in the basement this morning. I think my boy Nick was playing with the sump pump and jammed it :-(. Anyway Lisa and I had to scramble to save all my Star Wars stuff. I lost 4 - 12" dolls (could've been worse). Anyway we spent most of the day drying out the basement. Hope you all had fun......

Duane

14. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Well I am sorry I could not be there before Sunday morning. Seems like most of the fun went down Fri and Sat. Thats the way it ussually is though. At least I got Bobs signature right before he left, that would ahve really sucked if I missed him. Also it was a joy meeting Steve Bennett. I ahd no idea that he actaully worked on an anime from one of my Favorite writers. The panel could not have been helped. Not much to do with one or 2 people in the audience. I personally had nothing to say about costume contests. Just like everyone else, I was really intersted in talking to newbies about how to start and stuff and talking about costuming in General.

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Oh, man TD-027 that sounds awful, but as you said I guess it could've been worse.

I just found out that KnightShade was in this morning's paper. I'm going to go out and get a couple copies, but if anyone else gets the morning paper - please save it.

~Doc_Bev

16. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I have the issue.
    Front Page B-Section with a big picture of Dean and Raven.
    Pretty Sweet Article!

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yeah, I just came back from Wegmans and bought 3 copies of it. I remember seeing them take that picture of Raven & MadKid. So cool! Makes me wonder what they would've featured had we not been at Astronomicon... ;)

~Doc_Bev

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Pictures are all uploaded.
    Thanks to Akayeon, T_StarFlyer, RSWingnut, TX4277 and whomever else helped take pictures at this event. Except for the 3 pictures of the carpet... what are those supposed to be? o_O

~Doc_Bev

19. Ayka

Ayka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    This Picture

That picture may possibly be my favorite from all 12 pages... I think it sums up the "Costuming Panel" quite nicely.

20. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    [face_laugh]

21. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I was so ready to just walk out of the room at many points during this "panel".

Definitely going to be different next year - if Astronomicon happens next year.

~Doc_Bev

22. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I saw that pic as well and if I was cracking up.
    Couldnt we have just unleashed a little wookie rage or something? :)

23. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    I just couldn't take it anymore, I had to walk out.

24. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    All this talk reminds me...I need to get started on my "Emperors Accountant" Costume right away....501st Here I come!

[face_beatup]

25. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Give me a heads up for the con next year. i'll gladly come out and work security for you. I heard what happened and am sorry you had to be subjected to fools like that.

""Forcefully removing the scum of fandom for 3 years!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.