main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlanta Chapter Heats Up Hotlanta

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by RosieWook, May 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I think we might alternate between the I-85 and the I-75 locations of D&B each month, unless we change our plans. So, it is possible that our July meeting might be at the I-75 D&B.

2. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    Wahhhhhh!!! :_| I can't go!!!

The 23rd is the last day of the Bike Ride Across Georgia (aka BRAG)!! I'm going to be somewhere in between Jesup and St. Simons Island.

I couldn?t go to the last one because me dad was out of town, and I?m not old enough to drive!! :_|

3. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it. Maybe after your dad gets to know us, he'll let one of us come pick you up for meetings (assuming one of us lives near you).

Still...the bike ride sounds like fun. Enjoy!

4. insane ewok

insane ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2000
    Hello All!

Just joined the Yahoo group. I look forward to all the correspondence.

B-Day: 08-17-68

Rosie: Remember me? I have been away for a while. I'm excited to have a group to share interests with. D & B is about ten minutes away from me, this should be lots of fun.

Later fellow Jedi wannabees!

MTFBWYA

Insane Ewok

5. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Welcome back Insane Ewok! I've seen you posting back and forth with Rosiewook in the past. Hopefully you can join us for the meeting. The more the merrier.

6. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Insane Ewok! Glad to see you back around! I was bummed that we couldn't get in touch with you for the first meeting.

Hopefully we can get you to the second one?

7. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Hey there, Insane Ewok!

It's funny, last night I was reading through old posts and was wondering where you and several others had disappeared to. I'm glad you made it back! :)

Thanks for posting your birthday info. I'll add it to the b-day list.

I hope to see you at our next meeting!

8. POTAStar

POTAStar Jedi Master star 2

May 26, 2001
    Hey everyone...

I live about 10 minutes from that D&B so I'll be there the 23rd.

B-day: 8-14-81

I'm glad to be part of this.

*heads over to yahoo groups to sign up there*

9. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Welcome! We're glad you could join us! :D

I'll add your birthday to our prestigious birthday list! ;)

10. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Wow...at this rate, we're going to need to find a mighty big place to hold us all. I am SO excited! :)

Folks should feel free to join our e-mail list at http://groups.yahoo.com. We're there as AtlantaFanForce.

11. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    If possible, I would like to get a headcount of who plans to be at the meeting on Saturday. I will call Dave & Busters and make reservations on Wednesday, so please try to respond by then. Thanks and see you all on Saturday! :cool:

12. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I'll be there! And Sharon should be coming with me. So, that's two! :)

13. insane ewok

Apr 9, 2000
    I plan on being there.

So I guess that makes three.

14. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Make that four!

15. MoffSienar

MoffSienar Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2001
    Greetings All,

Several members of the Georgia 501st Stormtrooper Legion will be attending the meeting at Dave & Buster's on Sat. the 23rd. Please count on at least 3 and possibly up to 10 of our members being there.

Thank You,

James "Moff Sienar" Smith

16. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Greetings James! Glad to hear from you guys. I know there was some confusion about an email I sent a few weeks ago inviting you all to come. I hope everything is worked out now. I just wanted to invite you guys to come and join the fun. Look forward to meeting you all Saturday.

17. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Wow...this should be a lot of fun! Glad to hear we'll be joined by the 501st. We are honored!

Just a reminder, that we'd like everyone to bring a picture from their favorite scene of the Star Wars films.

I doubt that this group will need any help in getting conversation going ::eg::, but I think it'll give interesting insight into how everyone looks at the movies.

Paula <---who's doing the Happy Jedi Dance that the DVD has finally been announced

18. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    WooHoo! Even more people are going to be at our meeting! :)

I'm glad that some of the members of the 501st will be joining us on Saturday. We may end up completely taking over Dave & Busters. ;)

*Also does happy dance in celebration of the coming TPM DVD*

19. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    So, I guess I'll make reservations for 20 then? Just to be on the safe side. If anyone else wanders in, we'll find them a spot. :)

<Doing Darth Maul back flips next to the dancing Rosiewook about TPM DVD announcement>.

20. insane ewok

Apr 9, 2000
    Wow!

Looks like we are going to have a real throw down good time! I'm pumped! :) :)

<Pops a bottle of champagne in celebration of the TPM DVD release announcement and shouts "it's about damn time!">

MTFBWYA

;)

21. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Well, I just spoke to Dave & Buster's and they don't do reservations. However, they are MORE THAN LARGE ENOUGH to handle our group of 20 or so. I will still go ahead and tell them to list us as the Skywalker Party for people coming in and not know where to look. I'll will also put an agenda together as well and make copies for everyone too.

22. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Hi, just wanted to drop a note to remind you to please email either Cathy or myself-tuono@prodigy.net when you've picked a rep for the Starting a Club in Your Community Panel at Dragon*con. We want to make sure we get your name in the program book. As of now, the panel is scheduled for 8:30 pm on Friday night. This should help any of you that have to work Friday :-( The Cantina will be after this panel at 10pm. So you can continue discussing with potential members in an informal setting.
    Thanks,
    Janet

23. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Thanks Janet for the reminder. We definitely will send you guys an email. Looking forward to meeting you all at DragonCon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.