main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atmospheric dogfight over Geonosis

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Damillster, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    Geoneosin is funny. But not "funny haha", he's "funny strange".

2. 2002

2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2001
    "Where are they heading for when they leave Geonosis?"

every republic system they can get to. its widespread galactic war once they're out and about throughout the galaxy.

3. Echo_Base

Echo_Base Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2001
    2002; perhaps you can tell us how the TF Droid ships escape Geon? Do they depart before the Clones arrive? I know OB1 sees the spheres, but does he see them as they are leaving for the rest of the galaxy?
    I only ask cos you can plainly see a TF sphere in the background in flames on the book cover...

4. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Well done, so I guess that rules out the idea that the Clones are fighting the Republic ships. Of course the ships belong to the Confederacy. Whether or not they came from the Commerce Guild remains to be seen. It's not really a neccesary detail, unless it were to explain how such a military could be gathered up under the Republics nose. But seeing they're all in alliance at this point, I'd just call them "Confederacy Ships".

What I want to know is whether the Clones that are sent out at the end of AotC are sent to Republic worlds to defend, or to Confederacy worlds to attack.

EDIT:

The spheres only have droids boarding them when Obi-Wan sees them. They wont do a full-out evacuation until the Clones arrive. Of course, there will be some Spheres left on the ground for the Clones to blow up.

5. 2002

2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2001
    raz pretty much answered your questions for me.

and raz i'd say they are going out to defend the republic systems. the confederacy is the one out starting the war. they are the ones attacking the republic. the republic is just trying to defend itself. thats the only reason they decided to use the clones. they didnt have another choice.

6. Echo_Base

May 15, 2001
    They didnt have another choice cos a certain black-robed SOMEONE ensured they wouldnt have!
    Are the Spheres engaged by Republic forces in space, does anyone know, as they escape the Geon system?

7. Askaak

Askaak Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2000
    No, we won't see the Spheres being attacked in space. We'll see some lifting off for parts unknown, and that will be the last we see of them.

8. 2002

2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2001
    "They didnt have another choice cos a certain black-robed SOMEONE ensured they wouldnt have!"

EXACTLY ...evil genius at its best.

9. Raz Zaphon

Apr 9, 2000
    PALPATINE
    I don't know how much longer I can hold off the vote, my friends. More and more star systems are joining the separatists.

MACE WINDU
    If they do break away-

PALPATINE
    No! I will not let that happen!

I'm not so sure about that....

10. 2002

2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2001
    about what? i dont understand.

11. Echo_Base

May 15, 2001
    It will be interesting to see the context that line is delivered in, Raz.
    But isnt it all part of the civilized front Palpatine likes to put up? After all, he did thank OB1 for killing his apprentice...

12. Damillster

Damillster Jedi Master star 4

Jul 24, 2000
  13. Raz Zaphon

Apr 9, 2000
    Ok, well my point is that the Confederacy will have to disapear at some point, and for the Republic to officialy become an Empire, it would have to actualy take over systems outside it's territories. Like Confederacy systems. And seeing the only way of wiping out the threat that is the Confederacy (apart from wiping out its armies) is to bring back all those systems into the Republic. So I'm assuming, (unless the Republic only defends at all times until an alliance with the Confederacy is formed and they merge to become the Empire), that there will be invasion on the Republics agenda. But will that happen as soon as when the Clone War begins? That's just what I'm pondering.

14. Jedi Chikara

Jedi Chikara Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 1999
    I'd say it's a little from column A, a little from column B. Defense and offense on both sides.

15. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    So is stormtrooper armor actually going to work in AotC? I mean, the firepower of the super battle droids and destroyers is absolutely withering. Or does the troopers' success merely relate to their agility and superior numbers?

16. Phantom_Catfish

Phantom_Catfish Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Uppers........this needs to go down in the Jedi Archives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.