main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH ATT. all Columbus SW fans.....

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedibri, Dec 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    I was wondering if you guy's & girls would like to meet at a theater this spring for ATOC? It does't matter which one. I think it would be cool :) . I wonder how big the group of us (with Wives, kids, or Girlfriends, or whatever) would be?
    So how about? We on?

2. Theerah

Theerah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2002
    Are Cincinnati fans invited as well? I've got friends in Columbus. ;-)

3. jedi_lady1

jedi_lady1 Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2001
    Sounds great to me, if i am here for that and if i can get more time off after the weekend for celebration :)

4. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    Sure all Mid-Ohio fans are invited. I have friends in Cleveland and they are going to come down. I hope to get at least 50-75 fans.
    If you think that's a streatch I got 62 togather for "TPM".

5. TK670

TK670 Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2002
    Where's the hot theater in Columbus, I just moved here. Looking to go in full stormtrooper costume, working on it now for Celebration II.

6. Jedi_Hope

Jedi_Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    I may beable to come. Easton is where I saw TPM.

7. TK670

TK670 Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2002
    Someone said either the Lennox or Easton would be the place to go. I live somewhat close to both. How early is everyone starting the line for tix?

8. Master_MayimNaar

Master_MayimNaar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2001
    I'm in Westerville, so I (selfishly) vote for Easton. Also, refer to JediBri's other thread about costumes at the premier.

(BTW, this is my 200th post!. . . and there was much rejoicing. . . yea :D )

9. TanWesell

TanWesell Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2002
    I would have to agree with Lennox except for one new tidbit of info that made me change my mind...

Of the less than 20 theaters I found in the U.S. which will digitally project SW2, one just happens to be in Valley View, OH...suburb of Cleveland. So i'm soo going there.

10. TK670

TK670 Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2002
    May have to take a road trip for that one as well. Valley View, huh? OOOOKKKKK...

Have to see what the schedule has in store...will definitely be somewhere in full armor.

11. Jedi_Dan

Jedi_Dan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1998
    The Ohio Collector club www.oswcc.com is probably gonna have a big turnout for each local chapter...

12. TravCon12

TravCon12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Well hello guys, in Columbus the best theater hands down is the Marcus Crossroads, they have several THX certified theaters and I would highly recommend it. I used to do certification studies in both the Marcus and AMC theaters (AMC never got full THX certification) so I am pretty familiar with both chains and as I have said, Marcus wins hands down.

I would love to get together with some people to see AOTC when it comes out. Put me on a list if there is someone in charge that reads this.

13. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    If I can get the time off from work then I would certainly like to come. As for theatres? I would have to say that the Marcus Crossroads theatre or the Arena Grand Theatre in downtown Columbus would be good. I know the Arena Grand is fully THX certified.

14. tk325

tk325 Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2002
    I wonder if we wouldn't draw more media attention at the Grand... :D
    If we had a good number of costumed people, that is. I'm game, whereever.

15. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    Hmm...we might draw some good attention at the Arena Grand. But more people would be likely to see us that the Lennox Town theatre.

16. jsp2000

jsp2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    First off, I'm only posting this because this is a relatively obscure message board with only hardcore fans. So don't go broadcasting this everywhere, ok? That being said, in my opinion, the ONLY place to see this movie is the Arena Grand. Two reasons. First, it's THX Certified and brand new. It's a REALLY swanky place, especially if you splurge for the reserved seats. Also, it's cake to get tickets. If you get reserved seats, you can call in to get them, talking to a live operator. I got seats to LOTR in about 2 minutes. No waiting in line or anything like that. Front row center in the reserved. Just a thought. I know what I'll be doing May 16th. Good luck Star Wars fans!!!

17. tk325

tk325 Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2002
    Plus, the new comfy seats should hold my big armored butt better... [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

18. jedi_lady1

jedi_lady1 Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2001
    OK now that i can post again...my view on the whole aotc viewing....easton is a not very good idea, granted it is inside but i used to work at the mall and the security guards tend to be jerks about people congregating so 50+ people standing around will no doubt get shooed away to where they are headed. Arena seems stuffy and is pretty expensive from what i have read/heard, plus it is downtown and what about parking down there? crosswoods was a great place for ep1 so why not 2?
    ok that was my 2 cents for what its worth to anyone :)

19. galen-kenobi

galen-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    I wouldn't call the Arena Grand stuffy. Anything but stuffy. And the prices aren't that bad, maybe a dollar or two more. Considering all the screens are THX-certified and its an independent theatre, the prices are going to be a little more than at an AMC. As for parking, there is a garage attached to the theatre. If you have them validate your parking at the theatre, its only a dollar.

20. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    I'm all for the Imax theatre(Marcus Crossroads). We all know that AOTC will be the biggest movie opening that weekend so they should have it playing on the big screens. It would be very cool to see them on those!

21. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Ep 1 was very grainy and yucky looking when blown up on the imax screen...but with ep2 being digital maybe that wont be an issue...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.