main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Attn X-Wing players !!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by VoidDancer, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I loaded up Classic X-Wing last night and got it working, just need to configure my thrustmaster. I think I'll need to do a system wipe to get the 3D installed properly again though.

Anyway

Back in Gold Squadron, we would pick missions (or create missions) and then post out gun camera files to see who did better. Any takers ? I figure once we get back in shape we can start some PFF X-Wing Alliance competitions...pick your sides. Rebellion, Imperial, or "Independant".

2. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    Oh no...

Not again...

3. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    You know Talon Squad is more than up for this challenge. Only problem is I have classic TIE Fighter, but not the original X-Wing.

4. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    I can't get TIE Fighter to work because of my directX issues...Voodoo 5 was never updated for XP officially :( I can get after market drivers...but it's been a fight.

anyway

I can give you one of my legally bought CD's IA.

5. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    What are the system requirements? I could imagine that my computer could tolerate it, as the game is probably one of the only ones that is almost as old, or older than my 3-year old PC.

Here's my important gaming specs that my PC is running. Don't laugh, please...

29-39 GB left out of my 40 GB

ATI 3D Rage IIc AGP Graphics card with 4MB SDRAM

400 MHz Celeron

Assuming that the sound card is basic Sound Blaster

Also, I will be helping out on the Rebellion.

6. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I've got TIE Fighter on CD, as opposed to the old disks. Same for everyone else as well?

7. Toasty_McGrath

Toasty_McGrath Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2004
    I'm game. you guys should download darksaber's UCP. it's massive, but worth it.

http://www.darksaber.freeserve.co.uk/

8. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    I am up for the orginal X-wing, or TIE fighter, or even XvT gun camera games. I will re-install it tonight. I kick bootay in the original X-wing...

9. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    I sent in a tech support request to Thrustmaster to see if they can get it to work with XP...damn hardware abstraction layer :) I'm thinking if I wipe my system, just install a win98 partition with a gig or so to play it, that way I could run the DOS version of the CD instead...I really like the adapting Midi music better than the pre-recorded digital crap. Nothing like hearing it in mid-dogfight switch to a rising crescendo of the Imperial march to let you know that ISD Invincible just jumped in to say "Howdy"

Hey Kev... I don't have any more legal copies to give away, you'll have to see if you can find it in a bargain bin somewhere. It's a 2 disc set call the X-Wing Collector's series, it has X-Wing, TIE Fighter, and X-Wing vs TIE Fighter Flight School. It was made for win 95/98, your computer will be fine.

So what say, we start the competition on Monday February 16 ? Then have the usual 1 week to fly a mission (as many times as you want) then submit the best gun camera footage ?

EDIT

Toasty, those are great but don't work for X-Wing.

Here's a thing, who all has X-Wing Alliance ? I think I have one somewhere

EDIT 2

WOO HOO !!!!!!!!!!!

Found a tip saying boot from a DOS disk and load from there. So I just need to make a small FAT16 partition (yay Drive manager) and load my .f22 files there. We're back in business :D

10. Toasty_McGrath

Toasty_McGrath Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2004
    Duh... forgot that wou were talking about the original.. I only read it about 30 seconds before I wrote the post. *bonks head*

11. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Well if I can get my full 3D working, I'll be glad to mix it up on there, gives more options for missions and craft.

12. Darth_Myles

Darth_Myles Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Sounds like an EXCELLENT idea. Hey Void....if you need a new video card. Give me a call at my store. I can take care of ALL of your personal computing needs (please forgive the shameless plug for my store). the number is 623-487-7053.

:D

13. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    No money :( Otherwise I've spec'ed out a new P4 system already to build :)

The video card is just fine, They just never made win XP drivers for it so I need to wiggle things.

14. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    IT WORKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was able to program the F-22 stick :D Oki, now to optimize, after that....the 3D drivers.

15. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Well, I suppose I was the fool to marry an X-Wing pilot in the first place. I'm clearly going to be losing him to the cockpit quite often for a while now. ;)

16. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    i have a copy of x-wing alliance if anyone wants to borrow it...

*goes back to playing quake III arena*

17. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    OOH! OOH!! Sideshow, if it's the right one, erm, the original, can I borrow it?

18. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
  19. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Kev, X-Wing Alliance is a little different than what Void is talking about. You can buy copies of XWA at Fry's Electronics near AZ Mills for $10. They've also got a couple copies of TIE Fighter and XvsTIE for about the same price. I haven't been able to locate the original X-Wing yet.

20. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Great. If we play that, I'll be set. Meanwhile, I'll be looking for what void has in mind. And for a download of a Miy'Til Fighter. :D

21. Darth_Myles

Darth_Myles Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    I certainly wouldn't mind flying the Otana into combat again. I too own a copy of X-Wing Alliance. The Black Knights will emerge victorious , once again...

22. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Fine, I'll get my 3D card drivers working properly then

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.