main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

August Meet - Memorabilia

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by HunkyEvil, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    So there's no doubt most of you will be going to it already, but with the FanForceUK Grand Day Out on the first weekend of the month I think this event at the NEC should also be our official meet for the month. Saturday 12th sound alright to everyone?

This would also be a great opportunity for anyone new to us, the SFFG, to meet us there. My first meet up was at this event and it's a really easy setting because if you don't want to talk to us you can just make and excuse and walk off to look at stalls :p If you are interested, try and get to this as it should be a great day

Deatils of guests and opening times can be found here and any arrangements to our times should obviously be decided in this thread.

So, who's going? :D

1. HunkyEvil - Chris

2. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    absolutely definately me (and possibly angie).

i don't know what you mean about wandering off though :p

3. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Yeah, that would be unlike you to do that, Dave! :p

I'm in. Have to check with the sis, cause I think she's off to Wales that weekend.

4. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Ya mo b there !

5. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

Guess what ? I'm at Swynnerton in Staffs, that weekend.

6. ChickenTikkaMeeka

ChickenTikkaMeeka Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2005
    I'm in as i don't go to WALES until the week after so i'm there.

7. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    im not there cause i have loads of trips to diff places i need the money for!!

plus if my job interview goes well i might actually be working then

8. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    we are going on the saturday (as usual) i assume? i can't make the sunday because my kids are being christened (piss up at mine afterwards for any who fancies it :D )

i won't be able to get there till after 12 because i have to go to the smoking clinic at the fort again to re-supply my gum, and that's open 12 - 3. i have to go. i missed last saturday because of the kote event (i got two weeks supply the previous week ;) ) so i have to make it this week.

i'll ring chris though to let him know i'm on the way, but i'm pretty much a definate.

it's a shame we don't have any flyers for this, because i could pretty definately leave them with someone to dish out over the weekend. if someone fancies doing some for saturday that would be cool, get some new members into the club ;) . i was thinking of using those superb black and white one chris did a while back in the flyers thread on the secret base? just for now, and photocopying about 50 of them, but i have a christening etc to pay for..............

9. HunkyEvil

Feb 27, 2006
    Saturday is good with me.. if anyone does have any preferred times please say so now. I'll most probably be going on the train which means I don't have to shoot off early like last time so perhaps we could go somewhere afterwards? Grab a bite to eat without paying £10 for chips in the NEC?

I'm also with Wiz on the flyers.. I'll get to it tomorrow night and snap up some of those B&W's with the actual web address on and everything. I'll post them up either here or at the SB and even if you could just print 5 off each it'd be grand. I'll try and sneak a few out of the photocopier at work too ;)

10. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    I'm still not sure if I can go. Getting all the way to the NEC is a bit of problem and I'm a bit short on cash! Although children can get in for free with a paying adult, so if I go who wants to pretend to be my daddy? (or mommy) [face_batting]

And I can't get the bloody link for the site to work! It gets half way then crashes my internet. :confused: Anyone else having that trouble?

So yeah, I'll try to go but I'm still not sure.

11. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    So errr... is this still on? Isn't a time or something needed? :confused:

I feel kinda pissed off with memorabilia because everytime I try and go on the website it crashes my computer :mad: 4 times I've had to re boot my computer because of that damn site!!! :mad:

And the guests don't look too hot either, half of them have cancelled. And they think anyone will actually pay 15 quid for Dirty Den's scribble? [face_laugh] The old perv who was fired for taking pictures of himself naked and putting them on the net! If anyone is lining up for his sig I will go over and point and laugh in all of there faces! [face_laugh]

But I don't think I can go anyways. I'm a lil short on money and getting to the NEC is a tiny problem. But I'll try!

So errr... is there a time or place to meet or anything? :confused:

12. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    short answer : no. nothing has been arranged or it would be posted here :p

i don't know what time i will be getting there because i have to go to the fort for 12 o'clock. i have no idea what time chris or martin will get there, i was just going to phone them both when i got there and see what's what.

i no can do flyers though :( , my printer is fubar and so is my bro's (because i emailed him the flyer to see if he could print it for me).

13. HunkyEvil

Feb 27, 2006
    Flyers are a no go for me either I'm afraid.. and time wise I should be there for doors opening and I'm getting the train back so I'll be there all day really.

I think everyone has atleast mine or Dave's number so if you text me I'll be able to tell you where I am.. if not, should we all meet by Feature 1 (see below) at 1:00pm? If you can't make it for then or might be a little late then text one of us. Like I say I'll be there from 10:30-11ish so I'll be waaaay bored by 1! :p

Hope you can all still make it (and read this in time!) :D It'd be great to see you Jon if you could find a way to get there. (dispite the guest cancellations, we can still make it fun!)

14. HunkyEvil

Feb 27, 2006
    Sorry guys.. Still haven't managed to get the actual floorplan. i had to do a screen shot

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a218/skincarver13/floorplan.jpg]

I'll be there for 1:00 at Feature 1. Hope to see you there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.