main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battle For Naboo Deli, if you want to talk,ask or just have fun come here!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Anakin_Skywalker, Jul 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue-Leader

Rogue-Leader Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Woohoo! I got a platinum on Battle for Naboo! I now have 13 golds and 5 platinums. I got better accuracy by shooting the shield generator with my blasters a million times instead of using the seeker clusters to destroy it. I got 88% accuracy because of this and still got the time and the kills to.

2. Darth-Hannibal

Darth-Hannibal Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    Can anyone tell me where all of these kills are meant to come from on Sanctuary? I've tried taking out all of the tanks and fighters, but I still fall far short. Are there some extra baddies hiding somewhere? Or are my wingmen just stealing all of my kills?

3. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    hehe poaching wingmen suck!

in XWA if its a full on battle i use wingmen all the time - great help, however if im feelin good and i wanna kill some IMP ASS i tell them to "ignore target" (not sure if you can do that in BFN) helps with "scores" etc for XWA - might do, if you can do it, for BFN.

4. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    Hehe, I do that in XWA too! Unfortunately you can't do it in BFN, so I'm stuck having to be faster than the little blighters. ;)

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Whoo hoo! I got 2 more platinums this weekend: Smuggler's Alliance and Andrevea River. I only have 4 more to get!:

Escape from Theed
    Neimoidian Plunder
    Sanctuary
    Panaka's Diversion

I have no idea how to get enough kills in Sanctuary. Unless I leave the tunnel entrance alone, there simply aren't enough enemies in the level. And if I do that, the tanks pour out and destroy the convoy.

Any tips would be appreciated.

6. Rogue-Leader

Aug 6, 2001
    What was your sixth platinum Bib? I want to have an idea of what to go for next.
    Here are my platinums so far in the order that I got them:
    Disruption of Comm 4
    Coruscant Encounter
    The Dark Side
    Naboo Bayou
    Battle for Naboo

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Here's how I rank them in order by their difficulty:

Coruscant Encounter
    Disruption Comm 4
    The Dark Side
    Battle For Naboo
    The Queen's Gambit
    Naboo Bayou
    Borvo The Hutt
    Search For Captain Kael
    Trade Federation Secrets
    Glacial Grave
    The Hutt's Retreat
    Liberation Of Camp 4
    Smuggler's Alliance
    Andrevea River

8. Rogue-Leader

Aug 6, 2001
    Okay. I'll try The Queen's Gambit and Borvo the Hutt next.

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Note: on The Queen's Gambit, use the Naboo Fighter instead of the bomber. Those seeker missiles will be extremely helpful in finding some extra kills.

10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    So does anyone have any tips for getting a Platinum on Sanctuary?

11. Rogue-Leader

Aug 6, 2001
    Not me. But does anyone have tips on how to get better accuracy and more kills on TF Secrets?

12. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    In case you didn't know, Trade Federation Secrets has a small island sort of straight out to sea away from the base. You can start with a police cruiser, and when you run out of cluster seekers, change over to an N1, or vice versa. That gets you more kills. I haven't managed a platinum on it, though.

Y'know, now I have all golds/platinums there's probably a Sith Infiltrator in there too. That might be useful.

13. Rogue-Leader

Aug 6, 2001
    Do you mean there's a hangar on that island?

14. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    Yeah. I meant to put that! ;)

15. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I never used the island's hangar; I just put in the code that lets you get double the amount of secondary weapons. :)

Here's a trick to defeating the STAPs: Wait to shoot at them until they are in front of you, traveling away from you. Then launch a spread of missiles and they'll kill every one of the STAPs. Also, launch 2 spreads of missiles at the tanks, then finish them off with lasers; 1 or 2 shots will do it. Kill the MTT with lasers only.

As for the droid starfighters, use your best judgement as to whether to use your missiles or not. If the fighter is right in front of you and moving slowly enough, use your lasers on it, but do it carefully. You should probably save at least 4 missiles for when the Republic Cruiser takes off from the base.

That's really all the help I can give you.

16. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    You mean the only way you've got all those platinums is by using codes? I've got five plats and the rest golds, no cheating at all. Well, except for the shortcut that someone gave for Com 5.

17. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    The only Platinums I've gotten with codes are:

Trade Federation Secrets
    Smuggler's Alliance
    Andrevea River

These ones are simply impossible for me to get without using codes. I try to go without using codes whenever possible.

18. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    Well I'll give you the Andreva River, definitely. Absolute b*****d of a mission! ;)

BTW, while we're on that subject, does anyone know the way to get the Swamp Speeder on the PC? RHUBARB! doesn't work, and it sounds like fun. :)

19. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I think it's SWSPDR for PC, but don't quote me on that.

20. Rogue-Leader

Aug 6, 2001
    Can I have some specific directions on how to get to the island with the hangar from the facility?

21. Darth-Hannibal

May 13, 2001
    Sure. If you position yourself over the base, and face straight out to sea, take that to be 0 degress. Turn about 45 degress to the right, and you should be able to see the shape of the island, even from the base. Fly to it and the Hanger is behind the peak of the island, and contains an N1, Bomber, Police Cruiser and Infiltrator (depending on what craft you chose to begin the mission with, and assuming you have all golds for the Infiltrator).

Couldn't get the Swamp Speeder cheat to work, unforunately. I'll have a look for the code on the internet when I can be bothered to mess with search engines!

22. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    So no one has any tips for Sanctuary?

23. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
  24. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
  25. Rogue-Leader

Aug 6, 2001
    I see Bib has been trying to keep this post alive. I think we should all try to type a little bit about BFN every once in a while to make sure it doesn't die.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.