main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Battlefront II

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by grumpydevil, Nov 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Did anyone else pick up BATTLEFRONT II this week? I did and I've been playing the single player and Instant action versions quite a bit!

One problem with playing online is that I don't really enjoy teaming up / battling against people who I don't know. If anyone is up for getting together on a server and puttin the smackdown on some opposing forces, let's do it!

-Kyle

2. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I have a umm... *cough* not so legitimate copy, but we just got done playing a few intense LAN games here, and I'm definitely hooked. Need to hook myself up with a new video card though, as it's still a little jittery with low settings. Good stuff, though!

3. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    I have only played the 2 demolevels on te RTOS dvd disc and It was a balst, I cant wait to pick up the real one. I was originally going to buy it with ROTS but once that I saw that Best Buy was selling lightsabers, i decided to just buy that instead. How and what are the other flying levels? Those werer really fun to do.

4. sentinelsquad

sentinelsquad Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2005
    I figure to pick it up this weekend.

My friend Devon and I conquered the galaxy on Friday.

It was AWESOME![face_dancing]

5. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002

[face_laugh]

6. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    The Space Levels are my favorite and there are several: Mygeeto, Kashyyk, Hoth, Endor, Felucia, too (I think). There's nothing like taking out a Banking Clan frigate with the V-Wing! My only complaint is that I can't seem to play the Battle over Coruscant any time I want to. I mean, c'mon(!), that's the best, most intense space battle in the entire Star Wars saga!

Playing as the 501st is really fun too. Although, is it just me, or are the blasters and other weapons downgraded when you switch from being Clones to being Imperial Storm Troopers? There were several times that I was longing for that Chaingun weapon. I am discovering the fun differences in playing this game versus the last game. The heroes are pretty fun too. I think my favorite is playing as Mace Windu on Geonosis during the XL game mode (for Instant Action). When playing the Kamino level in SP, I kicked a lot of ass as Boba Fett.

I have the game for the PC and I love it. Anyone want to hop on a game sometime? I was going to head to Fry's and pick up some extension cables so that I can hook up my front headphone/microphone jack. Maybe try the online voice chat thing.

-Kyle

7. nathanskywalker

nathanskywalker Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2005
    Ahhhh...looks pretty flipping sweet ;however, the $50 is more than i can pay at the moment, and i don't have much time for games so ya guys gonna have to say something about it. Looks pretty sweet.

8. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Because I am such a HUGE fan of Battlefront II, I thought I'd point out that both the Lucasarts and Star Wars stores (same site, just using different "skins") is selling Battlefront II for the PC just only $29.95 - $20 off of the current list price.

http://store.lucasarts.com/catalog/category.xml?category_id=477

If you have a PC that will play this, don't walk...run(!) to get this game and play with me!!! [face_praying]

-Kyle

9. Ayn

Ayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006

Ive been more into the KOTOR series and Galaxies lately, but you should talk to Bill about Battlefront II at the Saturday meeting. He likes online play of the original Battlefront and we recently got a copy of Battlefront II that he has not even tried out yet.

10. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    ^ [voice=mr.burns']Ehhhxcellent[/voice]

11. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Well I saw that the first Battlefront is $20 at Best Buy, however, it was accompanied by Lego Star Wars, ROTS, and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory so I didnt get it. I also found a copy of Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast at EB games but was unable to get it because I didnt have any time :(, suprisingly, its still quite a bit of money, $27 I think.

12. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    I have JK2 and JK3 (which is called Jedi Academy). Both are very good - and actually had a serious hand in hooking me back on Star Wars. My co-worker/friend and I used to play JK2 quite a bit on the LAN at our old office. I played as Bossk with a lightsaber!

-Kyle

13. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Yeah I have Jedi academy which I like alot. I played Jedi Outcast for the computer kind of, my computer was so slow that I played acouple levels that were so glitchy it took me several hours to get through acouple levels... so I just cheated and used codes to pass different levels when I got bored with it. The last couple levels when you are in the Jedi Academy are realy fun. I cant wait to play that game normal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.