main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlefront

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Is anyone interested in this game? It looks pretty sweet, and I'm long overdue for a nice online gaming event. I called EB over in Volusia mall about pre-ordering and if you pre-order you get a Special Edition Sniper Scout figure. Oh yeah baby, I'm all over that! :D

The game comes out hte 21st, so I'm thinking LAN party the 25th?? :)

2. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Wow, I just realized that's the day the DVD's are released. Fantastic.

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Preordered at EB and eagerly await my Sniper Scout!!! I just realized that I'll have to upgrade my video card before I can play though (on my desktop). Hmmmmm, Radeon 9800 or GeForce 5600???

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey, to anyone in the DB area, I'm probably going to be picking up my Battlefront and SW Trilogy in armor if anyone wants to tag around the mall.

5. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    It looks cool, but I am almost positive it won't run on my computer. :(

Are you going in Scout armour?

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    It won't even run on my computer! I have to either upgrade my video card *rubs hands together in anticipation* or play it on my laptop.

I'm going to be going out in my scout, yes. I'm going to head over to the mall to pick up my game, then probably head to Best Buy to get the DVD's and the new Greenday CD. Feel like putting on your Jedi stuff? :D

Alas though, I will be helmetless :(

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Here's some in game footage. Man, I wanna play!!!!

http://69.93.194.58/~dshadow/jessie/images/battlefront.wmv -Endor
    http://69.93.194.58/~dshadow/jessie/images/battlefront2.wmv -Hoth

The files are a tad big so you're better to d/l than wait for them to laod.

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Jayna, will your new laptop run it? I heard the single player sucks, the AI is horrible, and the missions aren't very hard so I'm going to need to find some peopel to play with online.

9. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    If your computer won't run it, there's not a chance that mine will. My new computer is just barely an upgrade from my old one. It's got one extra gig of space, a Pentium III instead of Celeron, it's a tad faster, the battery holds half of a charge, it can play DVDs, and it has a bigger screen. That's it. It's still a relatively sad computer. Oh, and did I mention it wasn't a Dell? Yeah. That was good enough for me. :)

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Just picked it up. Man, EB went crazy when I walked in in armor. It was fantastic! If I didnt have so much to do I'd go back later tonight. Oh well.

11. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    That's awesome. When you get a chance to play, tell me how it is! :D

12. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Battlefront is available on Xbox too right? Was it released today as well? (Might need to make a trip to EB tonight). (In armor).

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah Karma, it's for PC, X-Box, and PS2. I just don't have any of the multiplay capabilities set up for my PS2, and I refuse to own an Xbox!

Hey Jayna, how about you lend me your 441 folder and I'll let you play on my laptop at the next RP meeting?? :D

I've just been browsing the user manual and man! there is some awesome units to play! You can fly X-Wings, drive ATATs and ATTEs, be an ARC trooper, and call on Jedi or Sith for reinforcments!!! Gotta get my HW done ASAP!!

14. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Ooh ooh! Sounds fair to me!

15. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Guys, we so need a Beachtrooper LAN party

The massive walkers and tanks of Battlefront are devastating. Most are so powerful, in fact, that it's literally impossible to take them down alone. This gives all of them a real sense of power and makes them incredibly threatening. Holding a base is all fine and well, but when a C.I.S. spider struts by carving your army into bits with its massive red beam of hurt, you might jump clear out of your seat and scream over the microphone for assistance, and you're really going to need it.
    Take Hoth... Letting the AT-ATs run rampant is like inviting mobile death into your home. Laser fire does absolutely nothing to them, and unless you're willing to coordinate twelve turrets to all fire on the beasts for about five minutes, you're not going to stop them. The only way to take down a walker is to tow it into the ground, and the only way to do that is with teamwork. The AI does a good job of spotting the legs and trying to wrap them (it even tries to tow the AT-STs, which we believe is impossible), but having another human in the back of a speeder is essential. Too bad for the Republic that these walkers also respawn rather quickly, which means getting the speeders loaded, back up, and back into the fight is essential. Of course, the whole time Imperial troops are running around trying to take bases, so you still need people in defensive positions.

16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Just installed me Radeon 9800 Pro. Maxed out all of the video settings and... oh dear God, I want to quit school.

EWOKS!!! *twitch twitch*

17. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Wow, just survived the entire Battle of Hoth in an AT-AT and never took a dent. Destroyed the shield generators, all the turrets, and set myself up to blast away Rebels at the heart of their base. Wow. Fantastic. Stepping all over Rebels is the coolest!

18. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Ooooh, Battlefront sounds really cool... Need to ask if any of my friends plan on getting it any time soon.

19. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    It is very cool. Everyone says the AI is really stupid, but they tend to kick my butt!

I firmly believe it's going to be the reason I fail this semester.

20. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    LOL! [face_laugh] That's pretty sad. . . Yet, I understand, hehe.

21. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    heh, I have Thermo in 8 hours. I should really get to bed...

22. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I have work in four hours...I should go to bed like...NOW. Hehe.

23. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    worst night's sleep ever. But I got them durn Ewoks :D

24. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    LOL. [face_laugh]

I was busy cruising sites and reading, didn't get to sleep til after 5am. Then was up again at 8 for work at 9. I was 'floating' at work, meanining I wasn't confined to the café -- I got to put out shipment instead. Heh. My friend Rini is in town and she was telling me how she played one of her friends' copies of Battlefront.

I'm seriously considering an Xbox when I can afford it because all the best SW games are on it and the graphics are really spiffy. I am still in the dark ages with a PSone. And an NES, SNES, and Sega. I kinda want a GameCube, though. But PS2 has Kingdom Hearts. *sigh* Descisions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.