main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlestar Galactica series premiere!

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    This fFriday the first regular episode of BG airs and I was curious if anyone wanted to get together to watch it. I didn't love the miniseries but it seemed to have a lot of potential for future stories and I've read alot of good things about the season which has already aired in the UK.

2. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    How was this? Was it good?

3. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    I think this is one of the best Sci-Fi series in awhile. It is nothing like the orginial. I really liked this past episode which had a cameo by Richard Hatch (Apollo from the Original Series). I hope this series can last longer than the 19 episodes the first series had.

4. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    The Sci-Fi Channel is running Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica back to back, every Friday night. All 3 series have just started up their new seasons.

That may be another activity people may be interesed in. We could get together on Friday nights and watch the shows. Those who don't watch them could perhaps play Battlefront, as Adam suggested in another post.

Just a thought.....

(Are there any other Stargate fans in the group?) :confused:

5. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I think that sounds like a good idea. I'm really hooked on Galactica right now and I haven't really watched Stargate much but I'd like to give it a shot. I just can't remember a TV show where I anxiously awaited each episode like I have with this one. I thought Richard Hatch was great and I really like how the show illustrates how desparate the situation is.. Maybe we can get together and watch it after Friday's meeting.

6. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I think what's keeping me interested in this show is all the unanswered questions going on. I know inthe UK they have pretty much seen every episode of this season so maybe they have the answers, not sure though, but this is what I'm curious about:
    Who or what is the Cylon god?
    What's going to happen when they figure out Boomer is a Cylon?
    What is the Boomer on Caprica doing with Helo, I can't quite figure out what's up with that.
    Is the Galactica going to run out of Vipers soon?
    and Boxey seems to know how to talk trash, is he going to be the anti-Wesley Crusher?
    and the big question is Muffit going to be reintroduced as an eight foot spider wearing a disposable diaper?

7. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Who or what is the Cylon god?
    Not sure, but thought it was intresting how the cylons thought of humans as their parents (instaed of just creators).

What's going to happen when they figure out Boomer is a Cylon? The Chief will be upset!!!

What is the Boomer on Caprica doing with Helo, I can't quite figure out what's up with that. Possibly hoping they will escape and lead them to the Galactica.

Is the Galactica going to run out of Vipers soon? This is the same question I've had since the 70's series.

Boxey seems to know how to talk trash, is he going to be the anti-Wesley Crusher?
    and the big question is Muffit going to be reintroduced as an eight foot spider wearing a disposable diaper?

I hope not!!!

8. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    I like how they are referecing old episodes, such as getting abunch of criminals together to go to an ice planet, only then turn it on its head by having Richard Hatch be one of the criminals.

THis show is on at 8:00, so if we watch it after the meeting, it will be a short meeting, unless we watch the rerun at, what, 11:00? That might be too late, but if we want it bad enough. Regular Fridays would be OK. We can rotate which house we watch it at.
    I have never been all that thrilled about Stargate, but I can endure.

9. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    My thinking on the Boomer on Caprica is helping conduct some sort of experiment on Helo. Not sure what the purpose of that would be. Not sure if the Cylons already know there is a Boomer on Galactica. I would think they know, but if they don't and the other one made it there. There would be lots of explaining to do.
    I do also wonder if Dirk Benedict gets a part in the next season.
    I'd be up for getting together to watch it this Friday, this week's episode sounds pretty good.

10. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Here's Cable One's Friday night line-up on the Sci-Fi Channel:

6:00-7:00 pm Stargate SG-1
    7:00-8:00 pm Stargate Atlantis
    8:00-9:00 pm Battlestar Galactica

9:00-10:00 pm Stargate SG-1
    10:00-11:00 pm Stargate Atlantis
    11:00 pm - 12:00 am Battlestar Galactica

So, yes, they do run it in 2 blocks. Of course, we could always tape the episodes while we're at the meeting, so then we don't have to hurry. Then we could watch the shows at our leisure, without commercials!!

11. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    yeah, taping it sounds like a pretty good idea to me. I am pretty excited to see it.

12. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    After seeing the last episode I'm wondering what wveryone thinks about that Cylon Raider having organic guts. What is up with that?

13. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I am wondering of the Cylons are some kind of hybrid race or something. I love the fact that this show keeps you guessing all the time.

14. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Well, its official, the show just got the go ahead for a second season. They would have been dumb not to do that, I think.
    It is starting to look like there will be more episodes of this version than there was of the 1978 version.

15. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    I must admit, I wasn't sure about this show. I didn't see the original series, or if i did, I blocked it out. It is very entertaining, and I apologize to Erik, Laura, Alan and Adam. I talk too much during the shows, always asking questions and making little comments.

This show Frakin' rocks!!!!

16. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    We need to get you caught up then. I will miss watching the show with you guys this Friday, but I must go. I have already seen this Friday's episode thanks to bittorrent, but that's the only time I'm going to do that. Its more fun seeing it with everyone else the first time, to make comments and stuff.

It is a pretty good episode and the last 10 minutes is some of the best acting you will see on TV.

17. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    So the viewing is always at Alan and Lauras house? I can actually show up this week.

18. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Barry -

To answer your question.....yeah, it was never made official or anything like that, but we have been getting together over here to watch the show.

Battlestar starts at 8:00, but most people get here earlier than that.

For those who are interested, we can also watch both Stargates. Or, bring your X-Box, and you guys can play Battlefront together.

Feel free to bring yourself some food and/or a drink.

19. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I don't know if you all saw this:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=30357

Looks like this version will get something the original series never got. A second season.

20. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    This is great news. I certainly have no problem with this producing more episodes than the original series.

Hey! I could bring my miniseries DVD for people to watch after our next BG viewing, for people to catch up. Just let me know if you want me to.

21. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    According to the SciFi channel site, Season two begins this summer and filming starts in March. I was beginning to worry what we'd do when Season one ends with its finale April 1, but it doesn't sound like we will have a lot longer to wait until the 20 episode season 2 starts.
    Also it says the entire cast has signed on for more!

Also the first episode is available for download at www.scifi.com. If anyone has broadband. I might see if I can make a DVDof that.

22. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Thats good news about season 2, I was afraid it would not start until January of 2006. I love this show, I hope it continues strongly for a long time.

23. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Erik, I think you should bring it. It would be lots of fun to watch.

I won't turn into a pumpkin this friday, so I can stay up late, YIPEEEE.

24. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    I still have yet to see the mini-series, and I'm pretty excited to see it because, there's a lot of exposition I'm not up to speed on.

Oh, by the way, the chick that plays Boomer did a spread for Maxim magazine this month and it is NNNNIIIICCCEEE!!!

25. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Yep. I must admit I saw that to. According to the commercial she admits she is a Cylon in tonight's episode. But does anyone believe her. Tune in tonight!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.