main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Baycon?

Discussion in 'Archive: San Jose, CA' started by DarkLordSid, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    You locals have any plans for the convention? Any events going on?

DLS

2. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    So, I guess that's a no?

DLS

3. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Sorry.

4. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    No problem. It's too bad the San Jose chapter was not organizing anything, but we hooked up with some other groups and some good friends and had a great time.
    We displayed the new Imperial banner, got some good photos with Sid on the balcony, and made a bunch of connections and contacts.
    Heck, I even got to see myself on screen finally in I.M.P.S, displayed on the side of the hotel. Nice to see that all that waiting around in the hot sun for the director to get the camera shots set up some five years ago finally paid off.
    So we had a ball and are looking forward to the next cons.

5. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    When is the next Baycon? I haven't been to any kind of convention in ages.

6. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Baycon is every Memorial Day weekend, the next convention is Comic Con in San Diego this month (nearly 100,000 attend it's HUGE). The next local one is Silicon in October in San Jose at the same Doubletree hotel next to the airport that Baycon is held at.

Next year, in addition to the usual ones, Worldcon will be in Anaheim again too. That's typically Labor Day weekend I believe, and you want to get your tickets before September before the price goes up again for that one, they are already pretty steep.

Baycon is the best in the area, it's been around for 20+ years now and still going strong.

Check the links page on Baycon.org or do a search for "science fiction conventions" for more listings.

:)

7. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Thank you DarkLordSid! I'll look into them :)

8. Darth_Phantom529

Darth_Phantom529 Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2005
    HEY!!!! I AM GOING TO THE COMIC-CON!!!! it will be my first time going! ....but i probably shouldnt be posting cause i live in San Diego!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.