main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Because You Loved Me (Qui/Obi) JA (Angst/Mush) *Complete*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Glenstorm, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glenstorm

Glenstorm Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 27, 2006
    Title: Because You Loved Me
    Author: Glenstorm
    Timeframe: JA. Obi-Wan is about 17
    Characters:Qui/Obi
    Summary: Qui-Gon is captured and imprisoned after a mission goes awry and now Obi-Wan must find and save him before it is too late.
    Disclaimer: None of them belong to me. The song belongs to Celine Dion.

Author's Note: Hello everyone. I'm writing this story because every time I listen to this song it always puts me in mind of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. It just stirred me so much that I finally decided to put fingers to keyboard and write my very first fic.

I'm very nervously putting this forward because I've never written any thing before,[face_worried](I usually just like to do the reading part), but here is the first chapter and I hope you all enjoy it. The second chapter should be up next week.

Criticism is welcome. I need to improve. Badly.

Part 1

For all those times you stood by me
    For all the truth that you made me see
    For all the joy you brought to my life
    For all the wrong that you made right
    For every dream you made come true
    For all the love I found in you
    I'll be forever thankful
    You're the one who held me up
    Never let me fall
    You're the one who saw me through, through it all

Qui-Gon woke slowly, and as was usual in the last few days, he wished he hadn't. At least when he was unconscious he couldn't feel the pain.

Shivering weakly, the Jedi Master opened his eyes. The room spun. But through his swirling vision Qui-Gon could see that he was still in his cell, and it was colder than a night on Hoth. His cloak was gone, his tunic was torn and he was leaning against a freezing wall with chains around his wrists and ankles.

Having seen enough,Qui-Gon closed his eyes against the throbbing in his head. How long had he been here now? Mere days? A week? He could not answer his own question and he did not want to think too much on the subject. But one thing was certain as the days passed, his hopes of escaping were dwindling hopelessly. Aside from being bound and locked in a guarded cell, he had also been injected with some kind of drug. That, coupled with regular abuse from his guards, meant that Qui-Gon barely had the strength to open his eyes much less use the Force to loose his binders, overcome the guards and escape from a complex that he'd seen precious little of.

Qui-Gon's head throbbed anew. Never had he felt so weak. All he wanted to do was go back to sleep and not wake up again. He knew that sort of thinking was un-Jedilike. But in his drug soaked mind he couldn't bring himself to care. The damned cold wouldn't let him go back to sleep anyway.

Finally in an attempt to warm his aching fingers, Qui-Gon pushed his hands deep into his tattered tunic. But as he did a crackle against his fingertips caused him to pause. Slowly reopening his eyes he closed his hand around the source of the noise and pulled it from his pocket. His eyes widened slightly as he gazed upon the object. A simple paper flower was sitting in his hand.

A light broke through his darkening despair.

Obi-Wan.

His apprentice had fashioned this delicate gift for him on his last birthday. He remembered how nervous Obi-Wan had been to give it too him, but Qui-Gon had loved it. Simple yet beautiful and made thoughtfully by his Padawan's own hand it had become one of his most cherished gifts. He had kept it in his pocket ever since. Much like Obi-Wan kept his Force-sensitive rock with him.

Qui-Gon gazed at the tiny flower, a faint smile touching his cracked lips. Even now in this small way Obi-Wan was reaching out to him. Giving him the strength to endure.

Qui-Gon's expression turned melancholy. It would probably shake Obi-Wan to the core to see him like this. He knew that to the apprentice, he was the one with all the unwavering strength in their partnership. The person who had seen the apprentice through the years and made all his hopes and dreams a reality even when Obi-Wan himself had thought them beyond him. Like a brilliant beacon in gloom, Obi-Wan had always

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Glenstorm, that was an amazing start. I liked Qui-Gon's holding on to the thought of his padawan even through his drug induced state and Obi-Wan's determination to find and rescue his master. Well done. =D=

Might I ask for a PM when you post again? :)

3. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    This was an exciting beginning.

I loved the way you captured of master and padawan's feeling for each other.

If you have a PM list please add me to it.
    =D==D==D=

4. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    :eek: That's all? DAAAAANNNGGG!!! It's good so far. You shouldn't be nervous. MOOOORRRREEEE!!! (please [face_batting] )

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Wonderful storytelling! I love it and I would love to be on a PM list.

In an attempt to warm his aching fingers, Qui-Gon pushed his hands deep into his tattered tunic. But as he did a crackle against his fingertips caused him to pause. Slowly opening his eyes once more, he closed his hand around the source of the crackle and pulled it from his pocket. His eyes widened slightly as he gazed upon the object. A simple paper flower sat in his hand.

A light broke through his darkening despair.

Obi-Wan.

His apprentice had fashioned this delicate gift for him on his last birthday. He remembered how nervous Obi-Wan had been to give it too him, but Qui-Gon had loved it. Simple yet beautiful and made thoughtfully by his Padawan's own hand it had become one of his most cherished gifts. He had kept it in his pocket ever since

Aww....and you've never written anything before!?!? I find that hard to believe.

=D= =D=

6. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Amazing beginning...I love it! Don't think you are bad cuz you are most certainly not!!!!! PM me with updates!!

7. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Wow what an interesting beginning! I love how you showed the relationship Qui/Obi have as that's the one thing that brings a smile to Qui-Gon's face when he discovers his gift still in his frayed tunic and the thought of Obi-Wan keeps him going. Extra points for Qui-torture :D Not many people are brave enough to try to capture a Jedi Master in fanfic and you did so very well! I don't think you should be worried at all :)

His apprentice had fashioned this delicate gift for him on his last birthday. He remembered how nervous Obi-Wan had been to give it too him, but Qui-Gon had loved it. Simple yet beautiful and made thoughtfully by his Padawan's own hand it had become one of his most cherished gifts. He had kept it in his pocket ever since.

Qui-Gon gazed at the tiny flower, a faint smile touching his lips. Even now in this small way Obi-Wan was reaching out to him. Giving him the strength to endure.

Qui-Gon's expression turned melancholy. He knew that from Obi-Wan's perspective, he was the one with all the unwavering strength in their partnership. The person who had seen the apprentice through the years and made all his hopes and dreams a reality even when Obi-Wan had thought them beyond him. Like a brilliant beacon in gloom, Obi-Wan had always trusted his Master to guide him true, even when Qui-Gon was in doubt.

But Obi-Wan didn't seem realise that he had done the same for him in so many ways. His Padawan. The boy, now young man, who had righted the wrongs in his heart after Xanatos' betrayal. The boy who had been thrust into his life despite his best efforts to live out the rest of it bitter and alone. The source of strength that had not let him fall after Tahl's death, and who had stood by him on countless occasions, bringing light and joy to his life when he himself had thought he could never feel those things again.

With a pang Qui-Gon realised he had never told Obi-Wan that. How thankful he was.

That was just so beautiful. Well done!

I'd also like to be added to your list if you have one. Welcome to the boards! I also encourage you to join in the discussions on the Fanfiction Resource forum :)

8. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Closing his hand around the flower, Qui-Gon steeled his determination with the gesture. No. For Obi-Wan he would not give in. He would not leave his Padawan like that. Not without letting Obi-Wan know what he meant to him. The young man deserved nothing less than a life full of love and laughter, for that was what he gave to Qui-Gon.

Aaaaaah, now that's what Qui-Gon needs; a little flower of kindness from Obi-Wan. Yes, Qui-Gon could find the inspiration to live for his Padawan's sake more than his own.

But now the story needs a rescue.:)

9. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Fear not for you have done well![face_dancing]

A great start and welcome to the boards.
    Celine Dion is a great singer.
    You capture Qui-Gons angst very well=D=

10. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    "Be mindful of the living force, young Padawan!" ;)

Great work, Glenstorm! Is this really your first fic? Amazing!
    You write quite good and I'm very curious how the story continues...

11. Glenstorm

Mar 27, 2006
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I didn't expect so many! Your encouragement makes me feel a whole lot better about writing my own story, and I've added all who asked to my PM list.

More is on the way very soon.

12. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Absolutely beautiful! =D=

13. Glenstorm

Mar 27, 2006
    Hi everyone. Thank you again for all your responses to this story. Here's the second part. I hope it doesn't disappoint too much.

Part 2

You gave me wings and you made me fly.
    You touched my hand I could touch the sky.
    I lost my faith, you gave it back to me.
    You said no star was out of reach.
    You stood by me and I stood tall.
    I had your love I had it all.
    I'm grateful for each day you gave me.
    Maybe I don't know that much, but I know this much is true.
    I was blessed because I was loved by you.

Obi-Wan kept a safe distance from the guards but close enough to keep them in sight. They moved as if they had made this journey many times before, perhaps they had. Either way they were leading him to wherever Qui-Gon was being held, and that was all Obi-Wan cared about.
    For about a mile they had travelled in silence. But presently the guards started to talk quietly amongst themselves and Obi-Wan was quick to tune his hearing onto their conversation.

?? is very weak now,? one voice sneered , unaware that he was being overheard. ?One more injection should finish it.?

Obi-Wan's blood began to boil as he realised they must be talking about Qui-Gon.

Another laughed harshly. ?I hear that when its over our glorious general is planning to send the body back to that Jedi Temple of his. He figures then the Senate will know we are not to be trifled with.?

?Ah, Kheldar always did have a head for tactics. After all we need to make sure that the power stays with us. We should arrange it when we get back - after we've had some more fun of course.?

Anger flared in Obi-Wan's heart. He was under no illusions as to what they meant by 'fun'. And they were planning more of it! An act that might very well kill Qui-Gon.

Obi-Wan's eyes burned to a steely blue-grey as he thought of the cruelty it took to contemplate such a thing. How could they talk about his Master like that. As if he were nothing more than some object that they could use for their own ends. Well he would not allow them to hurt his Master again. He would get him out of here.

But how? Qui-Gon was likely to be under heavy guard and he had not yet seen how big or heavily fortified the rebel complex was.

Obi-Wan drew a deep breath and released his emotions into the Force. Anger and worry would only cloud his judgement. He did not know what he would do when he got to the rebel command centre, but he would figure that out later. ?The here and now.? He told himself over and over. Qui-Gon had always taught him that if he was calm and centered, no goal would be too far out of his reach.

But he wished that his Master was by his side. Without him there he felt so small and uncertain. But then, Obi-Wan thought wryly, if Qui-Gon were here he wouldn't be in this position in the first place. He had to have the patience to learn from Qui-Gon's teachings and then, and only then, would he be able to take off on his own.

Calmer now he continued to follow the guards, who thankfully had fallen silent again. First things first was to find Qui-Gon and quickly, because if what he had heard was anything to go by, Qui-Gon was very weak. It hurt to imagine his mentor imprisoned and in pain somewhere in this city, probably beginning to lose hope of ever being rescued in time. But Obi-Wan would find him, even if he had to die in the attempt.
    For that was what Qui-Gon would do for him.

When ever Obi-Wan had lost his faith in the past Qui-Gon had always managed to be there to give it back to him. First when he had lost hope in ever becoming a Jedi and then on countless other occasions over the years whenever he had been hurt or lost or trapped in a situation like this. Qui-Gon had always spent the time working through his fears. Healing his scars. Always with the same unwavering tenderness.

And Obi-Wan was eternally grateful for each and every day, and if he knew nothing else he knew that he was truly blessed to have been allowed into this great man's heart. He was not ready to lose him yet.

At that thought, he realised t

14. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    No doubt hearing of the abuse his master is suffering at the hands of these monsters is disconcerting.

I was so very relieved when Obi-Wan finally found Qui-Gon. Now if they can only hide out long enough and not be found until they can make their way to safety.

Wonderful post Glenstorm. :D :D

15. micky-nikki

micky-nikki Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2005
    =D= wow I'm very impressed. You've woven quite a tale here. The descriptions and emothion are wonderfully done, very vivid. Please update soon!

16. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Yay!!! Qui-Gon is free! [face_dancing] [face_dancing][face_dancing]

Poor man, usually so strong and now unable to even help Obi-Wan get them out. I don't imagine he'll be very happy to hear that he passed out when he wakes up.

Excellent job that Obi-Wan remembered Qui-Gon's teachings even in the middle of a crisis, and they turned out to save them :)

Lovely, lovely work! Thanks for the pm!

17. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, very well done, and I love the intro lines (what song is that?).

Always, Qui-Gon had restored his confidence to him, often bringing him back from the brink of despair. First when he had lost faith in ever becoming a Jedi and then on countless other occasions throughout the years whenever he had been hurt or lost or trapped in a situation such as this. Qui-Gon had always spent the time working through his hurts and fears. Healing his scars. Ever with the same unwavering tenderness.

Obi-Wan was eternally grateful for each and every day, and if he knew nothing else he knew that he was truly blessed to have been allowed into this great man's heart. He was not ready to lose him yet.

Oh, how sweet this description of their relationship.

Suddenly he felt himself being engulfed in a strong, loving embrace.

It was in that instant Qui-Gon knew that this was real. And it suddenly seemed to him that all his blessings had blended together to create this one moment in time.

His glazed eyes flickered open momentarily to take in the sight of his apprentice's face. Obi Wan was looking down at him with such hurt that it made him want to right all the wrongs in the universe just so that those eyes would never have to witness it again.

I really like this passage, makes me want to cry. :_|

Obi-Wan gave a mental shrug. As Qui-Gon had always said: 'if you couldn't use the door, a window was always a perfectly acceptable option.'

Or in this case a wall. His Master's teachings never failed to be an inspiration.

Reminds me, only reminds me, of a phrase I used in a not yet posted story.

Great job, and don't apologize for your story. You hear! Stand tall, stand proud. Good job.=D=

18. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Wow that was amazing..this piece proves to always be a pleasure to read. Great job....really liked the pain and the following line.

His glazed eyes flickered open momentarily to take in the sight of his apprentice's face. Obi Wan was looking down at him with such hurt that it made him want to right all the wrongs in the universe just so that those eyes would never have to witness it again. For now though, he was content to himself slide into painless unconsciousness, knowing his Padawan was near.

Thanks for the PM, and I can't wait for more.

19. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    ?Obi-Wan??

The voice close beside him cracked slightly. ?Yes.?

Suddenly he felt himself being engulfed in a strong, loving embrace.

It was in that instant Qui-Gon knew that this was real. And it suddenly seemed to him that all his blessings had blended together to create this one moment in time.

That so... so... :_| It's so nicely written!!

Very good story :)

Now excuse me, I'm going to get a tissue...

20. Glenstorm

Mar 27, 2006
    I'm glad you all like it. Work on chapter 3 is underwaay

21. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    :_| That's so very sad! :_|
    Obi-Wan can be so glad that he has such a master! And I'm glad, that Obi found Qui-Gon and took him to safety - I hope Qui will be alright!

Could you PM me too, when the last chapter is posted? Thanks! :)

22. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Obi-wan to the rescue [:D]
    excellent story=D=

23. Terra_Wan_Kenobi

Terra_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2005
    Awww, that made me cry, *Sniff* Now my sister thinks that i'm crazy...Loved the posts, and Qui and Obi are so cute, the little paper flower reminds me of a draw my little sister made for me and is always in my pocket, i don't go anywhere without my draw.

24. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Even so Obi-Wan was glad to find this last object and gratefully let Qui-Gon sink down, arranging him as comfortably as possible upon it.

Awwww, there are disadvantages with having such an oversized master. I like details like that.

Nice resuce for Obi-Wan and I'm glad that Obi-Wan saw the flower Qui-Gon dropped. Now he knows that Qui-Gon was thinking of him.

You've never written anything before? You're definitely grasping the basics very well. Writing is good for the soul.

25. Glenstorm

Mar 27, 2006
    Healer Leona: Oh I don't know about that. Since when does anything go smoothly for Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan?[face_devil]

micky-nikki: Thank-you very much and I will certainly try to get the next chapter out soon.

Layren: No I don't suppose Qui-Gon will be too happy. But let's let him recover a bit first. Thanks again for your support and you're welcome for the PM.

Valairy_Scot: I'm glad you like them. I've written the song Because You Loved Me into the back of my copy of JA: 18. It just seemed like a good way to round off the series. But then the plot bunny bit and I had to write a story. Thank you so much for all your encouragement and I look forward to seeing your as of yet unposted story. Great minds think alike I s'pose.:D

kenobiwanobi: [face_blush] And you're very welcome.

Master_Kaym: Awww, thank you. If it has that effect then I know I'm doing my job right.

Fifilla: Thank-you and I most certainly will send you a PM if you would like one.:)

Gkilkenny: Thank-You

Terra_Wan_Kenobi: You most certainly aren't crazy. Like I said, now I know I'm doing my job right. :D

Ardavenport: Thanks a lot, I'm glad you liked that little detail. And yes I'm finding that you are right.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.